Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Floorboard Bolt  (Read 607 times)

BobWd

• Master Tejano Rider
Floorboard Bolt
« on: May 01, 2015, 10:38:12 AM »

??? :cuss: :banghead: ??? :cuss:  :banghead:??? :cuss:  :banghead:??? :cuss:  :banghead:

The one thing that broke when I wrecked my bike back on 4/19 was the top bolt that mounts my r/s floorboard to the frame. This thing is a 10mm bolt with, what I think are, 1.25 threads and it is somewhere around 130mm long. I didn't realize that a bolt that length would be so hard to find. I have the Cobra Swept floorboards with a mounting bracket for my highway pegs that bolts up with them.
Does anyone happen to have a bolt like this laying around that they would be willing to part with????
I spent my lunch hour and about 2 hours after work yesterday hitting different shops/ stores in my area but couldn't find one long enough.
If you are in the Austin/ Temple/ Killeen area, I would be willing to meet you somewhere.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2015, 10:44:06 AM by BobWd »

BobWd

• Master Tejano Rider
Re: Floorboard Bolt
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2015, 12:40:14 PM »

Now ain't that just too funny!!!!!!

I went to lunch after posting this and decided to run around the corner to a local auto repair facility just for the heck of it to see if they might happen to have a bolt laying around. The guy that was looking for me was headed back, after looking, empty handed when he stopped to talk to one of the mechanics who had just came in. That guy had one!!!!

I MIGHT HAVE THIS THING FIXED TONIGHT & BE BACK RIDING TOMORROW!!!!!!!!!!  (If I can get the busted piece of bolt out of the frame tonight.)

Bobcat Biker

• Board
  • Master Tejano Rider
  • Let's ride...wherever...whenever
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2015, 12:55:49 PM »

good for you!  Beautiful weekend to ride!  Stay safe
06 VTX 1300R  (sold 10/18/14)
07 VTX 1800R (sold 2/21)
21 Goldwing DCT "Elsa"

Texan... Born and Raised..

BobWd

• Master Tejano Rider
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2015, 06:33:53 PM »

She's back together. Gonna take her out some tomorrow. Will need to take it easy cause I'm not completely healed yet.

vtxsimon

• Tejano
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2015, 08:18:15 AM »

:cool2:Glad you found one . I have a 2002 1800c and am looking to put floor boards on mine . See that you have cobra boards , gives me a place to look . Just timing on ypur part and now for me too.

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal