Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Harley is back in the shop....  (Read 2929 times)

hooter

• Master of Monumental Proportions
  • Itasca (just North of Hillsboro on sceanic I-35W)
Re: Harley is back in the shop....
« Reply #15 on: June 05, 2015, 06:55:01 PM »

And not for the recall.  I have been going crazy about a whistling noise and have determined that it "might" be a wheel bearing.  We'll see...  Good thing, it's under warranty.  For those who don't know what that is, it's when your manufacture takes your equipment back and fixes it for free.   :thumbup:

:couch: :stickpoke: :pot: :popcorn:

10 point deduction :boxing: :cuss:

Bought my Honda VTX1800 brand new in October 2003 and it came with a 5 year unlimited mileage warranty.  Its now 12 years and 100,000+ miles later and it has never been in the shop or had a recall for any manufactures defects.  You'll have to forgive those of us who have never had to deal with such things.  :thumbup:

:c :c :notworthy:
What I do today is very important because
I traded a day of my life for it.

Whatever you want to do, do it now.
  There are only so many tomorrows.

Rocket67

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Legend In My Own Mind
« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2015, 06:15:56 AM »

Bought my Honda VTX1800 brand new in October 2003 and it came with a 5 year unlimited mileage warranty.  Its now 12 years and 100,000+ miles later and it has never been in the shop or had a recall for any manufactures defects.  You'll have to forgive those of us who have never had to deal with such things.  :thumbup:

I sold my Honda because it was heavy, clunky, lifters made too much noise, had a water pump, handled like a tank and didn't have a radio (or bluetooth).  I had a Nissan Titan in 2004 and that thing was back 5 or 6 times on warranty issues becuase it was a new model.  Same for my Harley, it's expected but nothing has kept it off the road, just minor stuff.  If I had to do it all over again I would still be riding a Harley. 
-Scott
2019 FLHXS

paperpeddler

• Old Timer
« Reply #17 on: June 14, 2015, 02:55:58 PM »

Hey Rocket..... Honda riders don't have to worry about a warranty replacement, Hondas don't break. 

xcaliber

• Board
  • Elvis
« Reply #18 on: June 14, 2015, 05:52:21 PM »

Hey Rocket..... Honda riders don't have to worry about a warranty replacement, Hondas don't break. 
Don't  :stickpoke: Karma. She will break something!
It's all just part of the adventure!

Rocket67

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Legend In My Own Mind
« Reply #19 on: June 16, 2015, 07:43:51 AM »

Don't  :stickpoke: Karma. She will break something!

Ain't that the truth.  BTW, just got back from Austin Sunday, went riding then went out again Monday for another 200 miles.  For a bike that breaks down all the time I have had a great 10K miles in the last year.  It just keeps getting better and better. 
-Scott
2019 FLHXS

MRVTX

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Magnolia, TX
    • What I do...
« Reply #20 on: June 16, 2015, 11:15:12 AM »

It just keeps getting better and better. 

Yup, although my riding has slowed down quite a bit in the last three years, the bike still keeps on rocking with almost 111K miles on the clock.

Tapper

• Jakeleg
  • Old Timer
« Reply #21 on: July 07, 2015, 06:34:23 AM »

Now now boys, let's not point the fickle finger.  As I recall, the 2002 X had a minor recall on the battery ground.  And yall know how many I worked on over the years, I can assure you they do break (and just about as often as the new Harleys) and that Honda does make some design oopsies here and there (electronics ground, final drive pilot bearings). 

I loved my X then, and I love my Road King now.  They're different, but both excellent.  And no, the X didn't handle like a tank, in fact I think I slightly prefer its geometry, but not by much.  The new Rushmore Harley's 103 motor reminds me of the X a lot, and I would have paid a lot to have the Harley's EFI system on my old VTX, can-bus just rocks, especially with a power vision plugged into it.  The Harley is a more refined steed in many ways, most evident in the little touches throughout the bike, but the X had a better motor overall.

The only thing I really don't like about the Harley, is the silly souls that ride them, all decked out in brand clothing and store-bought biker attitudes, and the Moco itself, which seems hell-bent in extracting every last dimefrom their customers.  But the bikes themselves are pretty good now, and have a lot of soul, just like my old X.

I ride mine everyday, hardly ever drive my fancy car, and am content.  And yes, the Harley brand name will get you laid, so I got that going for me, which is nice.
Yeah, that Tapper.

snake

• Master of Monumental Proportions
  • What a ride it's been!
« Reply #22 on: July 07, 2015, 06:56:02 AM »

Hey Tap. Fickled finger of fate! Kinda' dates us.

SSSSSSSssssssnake
« Last Edit: July 07, 2015, 07:01:27 AM by snake »
:ohwow: signed: A reality-challenged left wingnut!
     420! Yeah, baby!

Tapper

• Jakeleg
  • Old Timer
« Reply #23 on: July 07, 2015, 07:53:08 AM »

Yeah, that Tapper.

Rocket67

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Legend In My Own Mind
« Reply #24 on: July 07, 2015, 12:40:31 PM »

When I worked at HP they had the Fickle Finger of Fate award they gave out each year in the HP Follies.  I wonder if they still do that fun stuff or if it's just business as usual. 
-Scott
2019 FLHXS

Pages: 1 [2]

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal