Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: What's happening in March folks?  (Read 1405 times)

Rocket67

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Legend In My Own Mind
What's happening in March folks?
« on: March 02, 2015, 04:00:54 PM »

I have a couple of 1 nighters I have on my list of rides to take.  Nothing special, just trying to see some of Texas that I don't usually see when buzzing down I-45.  Anyone have any 1-2 day rides they take in Texas to see some great scenery?  I am going to Bandera in April so no need to mention that one. 
-Scott
2019 FLHXS

xcaliber

• Board
  • Elvis
Re: What's happening in March folks?
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2015, 06:01:13 PM »

take a ride down to the old fort and Spanish Mission in Goliad where 300 Texians were massacred after the Alamo. Go downtown to the courthouse a checkout the hanging tree, Good resturant down there , then ride on to Corpus Christi and checkout the Aircraft carrier Lexington. Just a suggestion. I enjoy historical sites.
It's all just part of the adventure!

matap

• Board
  • Master of Monumental Proportions
  • "Just put that hammer down and give it hell" -J.R.
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2015, 10:14:36 PM »

I have been wanting to go to to nacogdoches.
"Talk low, talk slow and don't talk too much" - John Wayne

Gumbo

• Board
  • Elvis
  • 06 1800R
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2015, 10:23:04 PM »

I have been wanting to go to to nacogdoches.

Nac is a good day ride, if you get lost like I do, you can find some really good roads, sure wish I could find them again.  :P
« Last Edit: March 03, 2015, 12:15:17 PM by Gumbo »
\"The moment you taste it, something wet and dark leaps on you and starts humping you like a swamp dog in heat, and the only way to get it off you is to eat it off, It\'s Gumbo!! If you don\'t eat it then the mystery beast will go right on humping you.

Rocket67

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Legend In My Own Mind
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2015, 07:06:33 AM »

Been to Corpus, saw the Lexington but didn't go on it.  I stayed in Nac on the way back from Arkansas last year but didn't know it was ride worthy.  Whats the attraction there?   
-Scott
2019 FLHXS

matap

• Board
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2015, 08:42:26 AM »

I stayed in Nac on the way back from Arkansas last year but didn't know it was ride worthy.  Whats the attraction there?   

I don't know....that's why I want to go.

Rocket67

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Legend In My Own Mind
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2015, 09:31:09 AM »

I stayed in Nac on the way back from Arkansas last year but didn't know it was ride worthy.  Whats the attraction there?   

Looking online and other than a flea market there isn't much but looks like some good riding in the Sabine National Forest around the Toledo Bend Resevoir.  Is 450 miles a day trip?

http://goo.gl/maps/4a4wa
-Scott
2019 FLHXS

Rocket67

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Legend In My Own Mind
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2015, 09:32:38 AM »

Looking online and other than a flea market there isn't much but looks like some good riding in the Sabine National Forest around the Toledo Bend Resevoir.  Is 450 miles a day trip?

http://goo.gl/maps/4a4wa

That could be a good 2 day trip for sure if you add about 200 miles riding around the area...that would be nice. 
-Scott
2019 FLHXS

matap

• Board
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2015, 10:59:48 AM »

We once did a day trip that left from Hockley, TX at 4 a.m. to meet with some X riders in Cedar Park, TX around 7a.m. to ride 1431 to marble falls to have breakfast and then kept on riding south to Lake Travis and then split into to smaller groups and went our seperate ways.  Those that came from the Houston area did short of at least 500 miles that day.  I think I got back home around 6 that evening and damn it was hot as hell that day.  

xcaliber

• Board
  • Elvis
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2015, 11:06:12 AM »

Not much to see in Nac but there are some good country roads around there.  If you haven't seen the Bahia in Goliad , it is a neat thing but the ride is just so so
It's all just part of the adventure!

Rocket67

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Legend In My Own Mind
« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2015, 03:21:18 PM »

We once did a day trip that left from Hockley, TX at 4 a.m. to meet with some X riders in Cedar Park, TX around 7a.m. to ride 1431 to marble falls to have breakfast and then kept on riding south to Lake Travis and then split into to smaller groups and went our seperate ways.  Those that came from the Houston area did short of at least 500 miles that day.  I think I got back home around 6 that evening and damn it was hot as hell that day.  

500 miles is doable. I think my biggest day is around 600 and that was miserable but mostly because over 100 of it was looking for a place to stay.
-Scott
2019 FLHXS

Isorg

• Administrator
  • Texas X Rider OverLord
  • 2007 1300c, 2002 Yamaha fz1
    • Izzy's Mind
« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2015, 06:42:58 PM »

was that the ride we had more guys from houston than dallas for a breakfast meet and great?  started that morning with a 4am 5 hour energy drink...   and yes it was HOT! 

2007 1300c VTX
2002 Yamaha FZ1
2007 FJR1300

matap

• Board
« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2015, 08:52:48 AM »

was that the ride we had more guys from houston than dallas for a breakfast meet and great?  started that morning with a 4am 5 hour energy drink...   and yes it was HOT! 

Yeah, that was exactly it.  IIRC, Bobby and Jeff were the only ones from CenTex to be there waiting on us. 

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal