Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Bluebonnet Thunder XII 2015 Schedule of Events  (Read 6533 times)

alejandro1800vtx

• Master Tejano Rider
Re: Bluebonnet Thunder XII 2015 Schedule of Events
« Reply #30 on: April 05, 2015, 07:53:21 PM »

which route? Don't understand the question. This is how it works. People that have been before post a ride. You then choose who you want to ride with or venture out on your own. I am leaving Houston/Cypress with Chinstrap thursday morning. I will be going down 290 cut over to the Devils Backbone. Thinking about stopping by Albert, Luckenbach and anything interesting we find along the way, getting into Bandera when we get there. Friday I intend to ride as posted above. Saturday morning, I will ride the Twisted sisters and take in the Vanderpool motorcycle museum , returning to Bandera via Garner State Park and Utopia. I am not a tour guide and don't plan everything little thing but you are more than welcome to come along. As someone told me last year, "you went for a ride and we followed you."

Been talking w gumbo to find out the ride out, what time you leaving houston ? I was thinking riding 290 up to, but is not way Jose I make houston before 9:30/10, I might just jump on 10 get there quick 🚲
just take it slow

alejandro1800vtx

• Master Tejano Rider
« Reply #31 on: April 05, 2015, 07:57:55 PM »

I am considering one of my notorious long rides for BBT. I am thinking of riding to visit the Caverns of Sonora. This will be an all day event. Approx 300 miles. Route to take 337 to Camp woods . Then 55 thru Rock Springs to 277 into Sonora. Visit the cave then return via I 10 to Kerrville. This would be done on Friday. Any spelunkers out there?  I will ride the Sisters on Saturday morning.

I'm on for both  :thumbup:  :bikerider:
Simon are you showing up ?.......
just take it slow

Lucky

• Board
  • Elvis
  • Canyon Lake, TX
    • Facebook
« Reply #32 on: April 05, 2015, 09:08:29 PM »

xcaliber's rides are long, but always good.  You definitely get your riding fix fulfilled following him.
"Lucky" Connie
'06 Pearl Dark Blue 1300C
If you don't love what you're doing, then don't do it.
Your chances of success are directly proportional to the degree of pleasure you derive from what you do.

xcaliber

• Board
  • Elvis
« Reply #33 on: April 05, 2015, 09:16:21 PM »

Probably leave about 7-8am. Let me know if you want to try to hook up somewhere.
It's all just part of the adventure!

xcaliber

• Board
  • Elvis
« Reply #34 on: April 05, 2015, 09:20:03 PM »

xcaliber's rides are long, but always good.  You definitely get your riding fix fulfilled following him.

Thanks Lucky, I try but like Gumbo sometimes I just kinda wing it. Not much on details. Seems to work out for me. I will be back for friday nights Meet and eat and to help with the games.

xcaliber

• Board
  • Elvis
« Reply #35 on: April 05, 2015, 09:21:12 PM »

I am considering one of my notorious long rides for BBT. I am thinking of riding to visit the Caverns of Sonora. This will be an all day event. Approx 300 miles. Route to take 337 to Camp woods . Then 55 thru Rock Springs to 277 into Sonora. Visit the cave then return via I 10 to Kerrville. This would be done on Friday. Any spelunkers out there?  I will ride the Sisters on Saturday morning.

I'm on for both  :thumbup:  :bikerider:
Simon are you showing up ?.......
cool looking forward to it.

Rocket67

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Legend In My Own Mind
« Reply #36 on: April 06, 2015, 07:24:59 AM »

which route? Don't understand the question. This is how it works. People that have been before post a ride. You then choose who you want to ride with or venture out on your own.

I haven't been before.  I saw a ride posted and assumed that it was the whole group. Obviously we are all adults here and don't have to ride on the same bus, just not sure what protocol was. 

I am leaving Houston/Cypress with Chinstrap thursday morning. I will be going down 290 cut over to the Devils Backbone. Thinking about stopping by Albert, Luckenbach and anything interesting we find along the way, getting into Bandera when we get there.

I am riding up with one other on Thursday and would also like to use the day for seeing what I can on the way.  I don't want it just to be a ride up to Bandera, why waste a great opportunity to see some stuff.  

Friday I intend to ride as posted above. Saturday morning, I will ride the Twisted sisters and take in the Vanderpool motorcycle museum , returning to Bandera via Garner State Park and Utopia. I am not a tour guide and don't plan everything little thing but you are more than welcome to come along. As someone told me last year, "you went for a ride and we followed you."

I had a list (posted a while back) of things I was hoping to see while I was up there but also want to ride the twisted sisters.  No definite plans yet but might hit you up for suggestions while there.  
-Scott
2019 FLHXS

matap

• Board
  • Master of Monumental Proportions
  • "Just put that hammer down and give it hell" -J.R.
« Reply #37 on: April 06, 2015, 08:37:39 AM »

The two scheduled guided rides are typically for those that want to go on a ride and not worry about where they have to turn and those that are not familiar with the roads. 

The main scheduled ride is usually reserved for friday and includes doing the 3 sisters ride with locations in between.

The second scheduled ride is somewhat shorter and reserved for Saturday. 

Although there are guided rides anyone is free to go on that ride without the group if they like to ride a little solo. 

Some of our veteran members will do other rides other than those planned and some may feel inclined to join in on those.  No one is a stranger and anyone is welcomed to join another member on rides. 

....and since we are in Bandera, some chose to ride one day and stay the other.  This is a very relaxed weekend with enough variety for everyone. 
"Talk low, talk slow and don't talk too much" - John Wayne

Rocket67

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Legend In My Own Mind
« Reply #38 on: April 06, 2015, 09:12:08 AM »

It took me 350 miles to go from Tailgators on FM242 to Backwoods on 1488.  :)
-Scott
2019 FLHXS

matap

• Board
BBT 12 PSA
« Reply #39 on: April 15, 2015, 10:26:03 AM »

We are 1 week away from our 12th annual Bluebonnet rally and just wanted to post up a few things before anyone starts heading out.  

-Schedule of events are subject to change without notice but will make our very best attempt to let everyone know.  Either directly or passed on amongst us.  

-I will have copies of the Schedule so everyone has a copy

-Last year registration was mainly done up front of the Pioneer Rv park under porch of the Rec room, however if not there please look for the 'Texas X Riders' banner at a table and you will find the volunteers.   Even if you are not staying at the RV Pioneer park you will need to come see us to register, get your shirt and food pass and any other details that will be provided to you.

-Guided rides are just that - A lead will take you out on a predetermined route.  You are more than welcomed to follow or go on your own leisurely route.  Plenty of X riders will be in the area if assitance is needed.  It is highly likely that we will have to break up the group rides into smaller groups.  Large groups don't travel well on these roads.  

-This year we have an outdoor movie hosted, so if possible and you can fit it in your luggage please bring some folding chairs.  I'm asking a favor from members driving, towing, or trailering....if you have extra foldable chairs please bring them with you.  Tag them with your names to be sure you get them back.  I will be bringing every possible foldable chair I have.  

-Bring cash.  while most of the modern world accepts credit cards or even those paper things you write numbers on that are supposed to represent funds, many places out here do not take anything but good'ole green bills.

-Be careful in Bandera - no speeding and definitely no drinking while riding because you will get pulled over.  

-Recently there was some issues with some residents of Bandera and bikers from Thunder on the River rally in Bandera so please be courteous to the residents and even tourist.  They were there first and will continue to be.

-I can not emphasize this enough.....Ride your own Ride, that means don't feel pressured to take any roads faster than you feel comfortable to or beyond your skill level.  YOU WILL PUT YOUR LIFE AT RISK TO THE POINT OF DEATH AND EVEN THOSE RIDING AROUND YOU.  We want everyone to go back home with pleasent memories and returned safely to their families.  

-Please patronize the local businesses and let them know about us.  They treated us very good last year and some even mentioned they can't wait to have us this year.

-Last but not least.  Let's have a good time....riding, fraternizing, eating, drinking & or whatever makes you happy.  See you there.  
« Last Edit: April 15, 2015, 10:28:11 AM by matap »

Rocket67

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Legend In My Own Mind
« Reply #40 on: April 15, 2015, 10:38:15 AM »

Well said.  This statement deserves it's own thread and a sticky. 
-Scott
2019 FLHXS

matap

• Board
« Reply #41 on: April 15, 2015, 10:40:03 AM »

Well said.  This statement deserves it's own thread and a sticky.  

Done

http://www.texasxriders.com/index.php?topic=18037.0

matap

• Board
« Reply #42 on: April 15, 2015, 02:23:50 PM »

I have updated the original post with maps and directions of the guided rides.  Please note these can change at any time without prior notice or arrangements we try and make.  The goal is to be back at home base before the evening schedules

Please see first post for maps.  Feel free to print them out.  I will have a limited amount of these on hand.  Additionally I will have these saved in digital format also.   

matap

• Board
« Reply #43 on: April 20, 2015, 02:58:58 PM »

Bringing this back to top.  Please see attachments on first post. 
Pages: 1 2 [3]

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal