Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Is today "drive like an idiot day"?  (Read 2229 times)

hipshot

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • New Caney, TX
Re: Is today "drive like an idiot day"?
« Reply #15 on: October 28, 2014, 08:14:27 PM »

Wayne, Wayne, Wayne;  What can I say?  If you can articulate the requisite culpability, go for it. 

Let me know when visiting days are.  Do you want your hacksaw blade delivered in German chocolate or carrot cake?
02 1800C

Rocket67

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Legend In My Own Mind
« Reply #16 on: October 29, 2014, 07:17:13 AM »

Why can't I use my CHL to reduce the stupidity level on the highways? Isn't it assault with a deadly weapon when they try to run me over? Can't I defend myself against these losers? How about if I just shoot out a front tire and remove the threat to myself? Do I have to kill the driver and have him wreck and kill his two kids in the back seat?

Ohhhhh how close I have come.....
-Scott
2019 FLHXS

Bobcat Biker

• Board
  • Master Tejano Rider
  • Let's ride...wherever...whenever
« Reply #17 on: October 29, 2014, 11:52:21 AM »

I think we should require everyone to ride a motorcycle for 30 days.  It  would do three things: 1.  Make cagers more aware of their surroundings and dangers on the road. 2. Stop them from texting, eating, putting on makeup, facetiming.  3.  Eliminate members of that gene pool that insist on being an idiot.
06 VTX 1300R  (sold 10/18/14)
07 VTX 1800R (sold 2/21)
21 Goldwing DCT "Elsa"

Texan... Born and Raised..

Lucky

• Board
  • Elvis
  • Canyon Lake, TX
    • Facebook
« Reply #18 on: October 29, 2014, 10:11:09 PM »

I think we should require everyone to ride a motorcycle for 30 days.  It  would do three things: 1.  Make cagers more aware of their surroundings and dangers on the road. 2. Stop them from texting, eating, putting on makeup, facetiming.  3.  Eliminate members of that gene pool that insist on being an idiot.

Unfortunately Bobcat, there are idiot RIDERS out there also.  I have seen a MC rider talking on the phone while going down the road.  Not a headset, but a handheld.  Plus some of them weave and dart around in traffic like they are inviting a collision to happen. 
"Lucky" Connie
'06 Pearl Dark Blue 1300C
If you don't love what you're doing, then don't do it.
Your chances of success are directly proportional to the degree of pleasure you derive from what you do.

Chinstrap

• Rider
  • Never too many VTXs
« Reply #19 on: October 30, 2014, 07:16:15 AM »

It seems to always happen with multiple incidents.  I ride every single day from Cypress to University of Houston and back... and it is either smooth riding with nothing out of the ordinary or multiple 'so this is how I die' moments.
2003 VTX 1800C
2008 VTX 1800N

Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death.  - Hunter S. Thompson

Lucky

• Board
  • Elvis
  • Canyon Lake, TX
    • Facebook
« Reply #20 on: October 30, 2014, 10:47:05 AM »

It seems to always happen with multiple incidents.  I ride every single day from Cypress to University of Houston and back... and it is either smooth riding with nothing out of the ordinary or multiple 'so this is how I die' moments.

Exactly Chinstrap.  I found it the same when I used to commute 100 mile roundtrip to work.
"Lucky" Connie
Your chances of success are directly proportional to the degree of pleasure you derive from what you do.

Bobcat Biker

• Board
  • Master Tejano Rider
  • Let's ride...wherever...whenever
« Reply #21 on: October 30, 2014, 01:02:55 PM »

all I'm saying ...is My Will is Updated....just keep Gumbo away from Libby!  Please...
06 VTX 1300R  (sold 10/18/14)
07 VTX 1800R (sold 2/21)
21 Goldwing DCT "Elsa"

Texan... Born and Raised..

Rocket67

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Legend In My Own Mind
« Reply #22 on: October 30, 2014, 01:12:04 PM »

I was out on FM2920 last night and OMG!!  Ok, I'll stick to heading North or back roads from now on.  During the day it's not as bad but c'mon people!!  Look before you try to kill me.  So many people changing lanes without even looking...think I need louder pipes., 
-Scott
2019 FLHXS

Lucky

• Board
  • Elvis
  • Canyon Lake, TX
    • Facebook
« Reply #23 on: October 31, 2014, 02:07:15 PM »

Louder pipes won't help you...by the time they hear them they are already smashed into your side.  As our resident LEO always says, if they can't hear the sirens on emergency vehicles what makes you think they will hear your pipes?  Your pipes are facing rearwards away from most of the idiots who are intent on hitting you
"Lucky" Connie

hipshot

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • New Caney, TX
« Reply #24 on: November 12, 2014, 02:53:43 PM »

Monday afternoon as I drove home, at the choke point where SH242 is reduced from two lanes to one at the San Jacinto River, I saw a silver Suburban coming up fast through the safety zone.  The driver, with a cellular telephone clasped to the side of his head, was passing all of the traffic at high speed, in the safety zone.  He continued until the safety zone narrowed down, forcing him into the oncoming traffic, and he just bulled his way into the line of cars, forcing several drivers to brake hard and one to swerve onto the shoulder.  I ran the plate, and the owner's DL.  The owner is currently under eighteen active DL suspensions.  He has had four other suspensions that are expired.  He has a THREE PAGE driving history.  His LP return shows current insurance.

And when he totals that Suburban, he will just go buy another vehicle, without a driver's license (a dealer just sold him that Suburban in August).  He will buy insurance from an agent who knows his license is suspended, because it will be pure profit -- the policy won't cover an unlicensed driver, but he can get the vehicle registered and inspected with that insurance card.  And nobody can stop this guy from driving.  He's got rights.......  Our jails are all overcrowded, so we have to write the guy a citation with a court date and release him.  The court will give him a fine and another suspension, and turn him loose.  They will warn him not to drive again, or they'll suspend his license.......

This guy is out there driving around with y'all.  And he will continue to do so, after he gets his nineteenth suspension.  And his twentieth.  And his twenty first.......
02 1800C

Gumbo

• Board
  • Elvis
  • 06 1800R
« Reply #25 on: November 12, 2014, 04:04:46 PM »

Monday afternoon as I drove home, at the choke point where SH242 is reduced from two lanes to one at the San Jacinto River, I saw a silver Suburban coming up fast through the safety zone.  The driver, with a cellular telephone clasped to the side of his head, was passing all of the traffic at high speed, in the safety zone.  He continued until the safety zone narrowed down, forcing him into the oncoming traffic, and he just bulled his way into the line of cars, forcing several drivers to brake hard and one to swerve onto the shoulder.  I ran the plate, and the owner's DL.  The owner is currently under eighteen active DL suspensions.  He has had four other suspensions that are expired.  He has a THREE PAGE driving history.  His LP return shows current insurance.

And when he totals that Suburban, he will just go buy another vehicle, without a driver's license (a dealer just sold him that Suburban in August).  He will buy insurance from an agent who knows his license is suspended, because it will be pure profit -- the policy won't cover an unlicensed driver, but he can get the vehicle registered and inspected with that insurance card.  And nobody can stop this guy from driving.  He's got rights.......  Our jails are all overcrowded, so we have to write the guy a citation with a court date and release him.  The court will give him a fine and another suspension, and turn him loose.  They will warn him not to drive again, or they'll suspend his license.......

This guy is out there driving around with y'all.  And he will continue to do so, after he gets his nineteenth suspension.  And his twentieth.  And his twenty first.......

Can't you just shoot him? Or pull him over and beat the snot out of em?  :stickpoke:
\"The moment you taste it, something wet and dark leaps on you and starts humping you like a swamp dog in heat, and the only way to get it off you is to eat it off, It\'s Gumbo!! If you don\'t eat it then the mystery beast will go right on humping you.
Pages: 1 [2]

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal