Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: It's not that bad.....  (Read 674 times)

Rocket67

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Legend In My Own Mind
It's not that bad.....
« on: November 17, 2014, 07:36:53 AM »

Got the wife out with me on Saturday, cloudy and about 45F but we bundled up and it was a great ride.  Amazing how the proper attire can make all the difference.  A full face helmet helps too.  Unfortunately there was one SUV that tried to run us over but I knew that they were about to do something stupid by the way they were driving so I was prepared to not get hit.  My wife took it in stride and even had a finger salute as we passed them on the other side.  Good times!! 
-Scott
2019 FLHXS

matap

• Board
  • Master of Monumental Proportions
  • "Just put that hammer down and give it hell" -J.R.
Re: It's not that bad.....
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2014, 08:34:08 AM »

Yeah, the right gear makes all the difference.  You might want to try and get you some lower fairing or even for the time being since they do cost some money, is go the cheap alternative and get some soft lowers.  It dramatically cuts down those cold temps hitting your feet and knees. 
"Talk low, talk slow and don't talk too much" - John Wayne

Isorg

• Administrator
  • Texas X Rider OverLord
  • 2007 1300c, 2002 Yamaha fz1
    • Izzy's Mind
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2014, 09:36:18 AM »

I have found out that heated grips are really really nice too. 

But I need to rewire mine, they are hooked straight to the battery, so if your forget about your really nice heated grips, you come back to a dead battery.

2007 1300c VTX
2002 Yamaha FZ1
2007 FJR1300

Rocket67

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Legend In My Own Mind
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2014, 11:10:34 AM »

Yeah, the right gear makes all the difference.  You might want to try and get you some lower fairing or even for the time being since they do cost some money, is go the cheap alternative and get some soft lowers.  It dramatically cuts down those cold temps hitting your feet and knees. 

If by soft lowers you mean leather chaps than I am in!! 
-Scott
2019 FLHXS

TheWatcher

• Master Tejano Rider
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2014, 11:51:44 AM »

I have found out that heated grips are really really nice too.  

But I need to rewire mine, they are hooked straight to the battery, so if your forget about your really nice heated grips, you come back to a dead battery.

Use a relay, so you don't fry any wires and do it so it is on switched power off the battery.  :thumbup:

:couch:   :goldwing:
AKA: Vteeman on the VTXOA Site (Seldom seen there anymore)
2002 VTX 1800 C (Gone but not forgotten)
2012 Gold Wing Nav/XM

matap

• Board
  • Master of Monumental Proportions
  • "Just put that hammer down and give it hell" -J.R.
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2014, 02:05:49 PM »

No.  I am referring to soft lowers that wrap around and attach to the crash bars. 
"Talk low, talk slow and don't talk too much" - John Wayne

Rocket67

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Legend In My Own Mind
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2014, 03:12:10 PM »

No.  I am referring to soft lowers that wrap around and attach to the crash bars. 

I rode in 43F with just jeans and my spandex lowers....no problem.  The wind wasn't bad at all, definitely didn't feel cold.  I don't think I have to worry about that though, I like to keep it at least 50F and sunny, shouldn't be a problem I need to invest money to solve.  I am more interested in getting the LED's!!
-Scott
2019 FLHXS

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal