Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Ride to Galveston  (Read 1456 times)

Lucky

• Board
  • Elvis
  • Canyon Lake, TX
    • Facebook
Re: Ride to Galveston
« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2014, 08:14:12 AM »

Wayne and I are planning on coming in on Fri 8th for the M&G....other than that we don't have plans to attend the LSR
"Lucky" Connie
'06 Pearl Dark Blue 1300C
If you don't love what you're doing, then don't do it.
Your chances of success are directly proportional to the degree of pleasure you derive from what you do.

xcaliber

• Board
  • Elvis
« Reply #16 on: October 23, 2014, 10:22:54 AM »

I'll be staying away from any staged rides because they usually draw way too many bikes and not enough riders, if you get my drift.

I haven't quite decided if I'm going to go I10 to I45 South or take HWY 6.  Early in my years I remember the X riders had a good size group meet up on I-10 & Hwy 6 and then meet again on Hwy 6 and 288 to pick up any other and once we got into Galveston, everyone just went on there merry way. 

I remember , didn't we meet at the Waffle House by Sam's? I'm in meet up wherever
It's all just part of the adventure!

matap

• Board
  • Master of Monumental Proportions
  • "Just put that hammer down and give it hell" -J.R.
« Reply #17 on: October 23, 2014, 10:37:00 AM »

I'll be staying away from any staged rides because they usually draw way too many bikes and not enough riders, if you get my drift.

I haven't quite decided if I'm going to go I10 to I45 South or take HWY 6.  Early in my years I remember the X riders had a good size group meet up on I-10 & Hwy 6 and then meet again on Hwy 6 and 288 to pick up any other and once we got into Galveston, everyone just went on there merry way. 

I remember , didn't we meet at the Waffle House by Sam's? I'm in meet up wherever

That was exactly it. 
"Talk low, talk slow and don't talk too much" - John Wayne

Rocket67

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Legend In My Own Mind
« Reply #18 on: October 23, 2014, 10:54:31 AM »

I want to come up early Saturday and would meet up anywhere, just let me know.  The only problem I might have is my brother will be with me and I am not sure of his comfort level on major freeways. 
-Scott
2019 FLHXS

Pages: 1 [2]

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal