Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Events at LRS?  (Read 1081 times)

Rocket67

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Legend In My Own Mind
Events at LRS?
« on: October 27, 2014, 07:03:08 AM »

At Thunder on the Beach the place to be turned out to be the local Harley dealer.  While I love walking around the vendor booths I am also interested in riding and other stuff going on outside of the Strand.  Anyone know of a good ride or event during that weekend close enough to make it worth riding to?  Keep in mind, I am still planning on riding home the same day so it can't be an all day thing.
-Scott
2019 FLHXS

matap

• Board
  • Master of Monumental Proportions
  • "Just put that hammer down and give it hell" -J.R.
Re: Events at LRS?
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2014, 07:47:06 AM »

Events:

Outlaw Dave's Ranch Ride - If I'm not mistaken they meet up and San Jacinto Harley and Stubbs Harley.  Can get very crowded and will be a very slow ride there.  Happens Saturday morning

Off the Seawall - they usually have demo trucks from all the major brands and you can take a demo ride up and down the seawall. 

For a ride:

You can ride to Crystal Beach via the Blue Water Highway.  Will maybe take you about 2 hours there and back

Take the Ferry and chill. 
"Talk low, talk slow and don't talk too much" - John Wayne

Rocket67

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Legend In My Own Mind
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2014, 06:36:19 AM »

For a ride:

You can ride to Crystal Beach via the Blue Water Highway.  Will maybe take you about 2 hours there and back

Take the Ferry and chill. 

THIS!
-Scott
2019 FLHXS

xcaliber

• Board
  • Elvis
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2014, 11:34:35 AM »

Riding the ferry during the rally can be a long wait. If you want to take the Ferry , go to Gaveston via High Island. Watch for the lighthouse right before you get to the boat.The wait usually isn't as long . You can also go south towards Seaside/klute be sure to have a coupla bucks for the  toll bridge, that's a nice ride right by the gulf in a lot of places.
It's all just part of the adventure!

Rocket67

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Legend In My Own Mind
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2014, 01:02:29 PM »

Riding the ferry during the rally can be a long wait. If you want to take the Ferry , go to Gaveston via High Island. Watch for the lighthouse right before you get to the boat.The wait usually isn't as long . You can also go south towards Seaside/klute be sure to have a coupla bucks for the  toll bridge, that's a nice ride right by the gulf in a lot of places.

I was more interested in "You can ride to Crystal Beach via the Blue Water Highway".  I don't care much about riding a Ferry unless I can ride around in circles on it. 
-Scott
2019 FLHXS

Gumbo

• Board
  • Elvis
  • 06 1800R
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2014, 03:27:57 PM »

I was more interested in "You can ride to Crystal Beach via the Blue Water Highway".  I don't care much about riding a Ferry unless I can ride around in circles on it. 

You can get to crystal beach without the ferry but it a long way around  ;D
\"The moment you taste it, something wet and dark leaps on you and starts humping you like a swamp dog in heat, and the only way to get it off you is to eat it off, It\'s Gumbo!! If you don\'t eat it then the mystery beast will go right on humping you.

alejandro1800vtx

• Master Tejano Rider
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2014, 04:05:46 PM »

Crystal beach ride sucks, you will have Sand blowing in your face, bunch of drunk Morrons getting on highway with out looking, and many many 20 mph drivers on 65 mph zone. Plus that weekend expect 3 / 4 waitin on ferry line, only one bar on crystal beach, coconuts close up, tiki bar still open but ain't good, going around ferry you have to drop to Winnie an drive up 124 to 87, I drive long way when going home is les aggravating then do the crystal beach drive.
just take it slow

xcaliber

• Board
  • Elvis
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2014, 04:17:17 PM »

Go south toward surfside/ klute nice ride
It's all just part of the adventure!

Luckys Lover

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • My other addiction
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2014, 07:49:00 PM »

It costs a dollar to ride over the San Luis Pass bridge. Personally, I'd rather walk around the Strand area than try to drive around the Strand area. One year I remember telling Connie "Look there's a woman getting her tits painted."  And about an hour later, she gets me and our friend to stand next to this bike while she takes a picture. After the picture, I remember thanking the woman who's bike it was and thinking "gee, her bikini has nipple rings." I was about 50 feet away before I realized bikinis don't have nipple rings.

That's what happens when you are in love.
If stupidity got us into this mess, why can stupidity get us out of it? Will Rogers
I don't care what other people think. They don't do it very often!
Of Course it's dirty. It's hard to clean when the tires keep moving.

Rocket67

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Legend In My Own Mind
« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2014, 07:16:34 AM »

....and thinking "gee, her bikini has nipple rings." I was about 50 feet away before I realized bikinis don't have nipple rings.

ROTFLMAO!!!   :rofl:
-Scott
2019 FLHXS

Lucky

• Board
  • Elvis
  • Canyon Lake, TX
    • Facebook
« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2014, 10:14:13 PM »

Crystal beach ride sucks, you will have Sand blowing in your face, bunch of drunk Morrons getting on highway with out looking, and many many 20 mph drivers on 65 mph zone. Plus that weekend expect 3 / 4 waitin on ferry line, only one bar on crystal beach, coconuts close up, tiki bar still open but ain't good, going around ferry you have to drop to Winnie an drive up 124 to 87, I drive long way when going home is les aggravating then do the crystal beach drive.

Plus if you drive your fancy car a little off the road you can get it stuck in the sand.... :couch: :cuss:
"Lucky" Connie
'06 Pearl Dark Blue 1300C
If you don't love what you're doing, then don't do it.
Your chances of success are directly proportional to the degree of pleasure you derive from what you do.

alejandro1800vtx

• Master Tejano Rider
« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2014, 10:53:55 AM »

That was a test for team work on the gang, we know y'all passed  :rofl: :rofl:
Now the ticket wasn't funny  :violin:
just take it slow

RedDragon

• Master of Monumental Proportions
« Reply #12 on: October 30, 2014, 11:11:10 AM »

That was a test for team work on the gang, we know y'all passed  :rofl: :rofl: