Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Hotels booked solid  (Read 1090 times)

Rocket67

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Legend In My Own Mind
Hotels booked solid
« on: August 14, 2014, 07:17:58 AM »

I am coming to the Lone Star Rally and this time me and my brother are planning on staying overnight but recent calls discovered that hotels in the area are booked solid.  Now, I don't mind staying further away as long as there is taxi service due to the fact, I plan on having a few beers and don't want to have to ride after drinking.  We don't mind spending a small fortune ($300+) on a Hotel but even at that price, they are booked.  So, herin lies my quandry.

Any suggestions?  BTW, I don't camp but would stay in a camper.   :thumbup:
-Scott
2019 FLHXS

SteveS

• Regular Advanced
  • Texas X Rider OverLord
  • 2006 VTX 1300R,2005 GL 1800,2013 Goldwing Trike
Re: Hotels booked solid
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2014, 10:32:01 AM »

Try Texas City it's about 17 miles up  I-45

Rocket67

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Legend In My Own Mind
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2014, 12:12:23 PM »

Try Texas City it's about 17 miles up  I-45

Thinking that the cab ride would be a small fortune....and I don't want to leave my bike outside a hotel all day in Texas City. 
-Scott
2019 FLHXS

Gumbo

• Board
  • Elvis
  • 06 1800R
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2014, 12:50:01 PM »

Have you considered beach cabin ???
\"The moment you taste it, something wet and dark leaps on you and starts humping you like a swamp dog in heat, and the only way to get it off you is to eat it off, It\'s Gumbo!! If you don\'t eat it then the mystery beast will go right on humping you.

matap

• Board
  • Master of Monumental Proportions
  • "Just put that hammer down and give it hell" -J.R.
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2014, 12:52:41 PM »

yep.  a cabin might be a good idea.  of course you could always chance it and book a hotel a day before or the day of, since a lot of people end up cancelling.  maybe a week or two before the event call everyday in the morning and in the evening to check for cancellations.  although sometimes these places honor waiting lists.
"Talk low, talk slow and don't talk too much" - John Wayne

xcaliber

• Board
  • Elvis
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2014, 02:57:41 PM »

Most of the hotels on the island get booked a year in advance. A lot of people book for the next year before they leave. What Paul said would be your best, albeit, slim chance.
It's all just part of the adventure!

Rocket67

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Legend In My Own Mind
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2014, 06:38:16 AM »

yep.  a cabin might be a good idea.  of course you could always chance it and book a hotel a day before or the day of, since a lot of people end up cancelling.  maybe a week or two before the event call everyday in the morning and in the evening to check for cancellations.  although sometimes these places honor waiting lists.

This is my plan now.  My sister-in-law is a travel agent and I have my brother working out what he can but I think at the end of the day we are just going to have to get there early, put some feelers out and leave before dark if we don't get a place to crash. 
-Scott
2019 FLHXS

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal