Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: What is you interval distance in organized rides? Know the acronym S.I.P.D.E?  (Read 1074 times)

Bugsie

• Tejano
  • 2003 Hond VTX 1800S

I ask, as a new rider on a big MC. My original rider course on base back in 1989 said 1,001 1,002 distance count staggered. On the Frog ride at an average speed of 55mph, I saw distances as short as ten feet between bikes, ah, no. This was a Cafe bike, rider taking selfies & her, BF on his Goldwing doing the same in front of her, really? Imagine if that smart phone fell out of their hands? Fifty MCs later it would be unrecogniziable. Oh yeah, they were sixth set back from the leader, pace setter, you dare  stop us because you dropped your smart phone? No. Good thing they didn't drop their phones. Yes, they were drivers.

Also is S.I.P.D.E. no more in the two wheel world? Scan, Interpret, Predict, Decide, Execute. They also said intersections and curves were loose gravel meccas & not only watch out for different road elevations at bridge seams, manhole covers as well.

Any other hints?

vtxsimon

• Tejano

Should be a 2 count between bikes no matter how many . If too close rider in front could be overrun if suddenly stopped . As for gravel it could be anywhere as I reminded you last month . Good questions.

Isorg

• Administrator
  • Texas X Rider OverLord
  • 2007 1300c, 2002 Yamaha fz1
    • Izzy's Mind

On group rides, I try to keep a 2 second count between me and the bike in front of me.  But in Houston traffic you do that and some jackoff will push their way in..... 

I got a buddy who would ride side by side if I let him  :redcard:   

2007 1300c VTX
2002 Yamaha FZ1
2007 FJR1300

Drewboy22

• Master Tejano Rider
  • San Antonio, Texas

On group rides, I try to keep a 2 second count between me and the bike in front of me.  But in Houston traffic you do that and some jackoff will push their way in..... 

I got a buddy who would ride side by side if I let him  :redcard:   

Depending on who I am riding with and how many.  If it is just me and my dad and there is little to no traffic, I will pull up side by side and sing the CHIPs theme song in my head.  Most of the time, the 2 second rule applies though.
Ride it like you Borrowed it :)

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal