Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: So then he wins the contract to build the border fence  (Read 544 times)

Snake Doc

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • San Antonio
So then he wins the contract to build the border fence
« on: May 08, 2014, 08:47:15 PM »

Three contractors are bidding to fix a broken fence at the White House. One is from Chicago, another is from Tennessee, and the third is from Minnesota. All three go with a White House official to examine the fence. The Minnesota contractor takes out a tape measure and does some measuring, then works some figures with a pencil. "Well," he says, "I figure the job will run about $900. $400 for materials, $400 for my crew, and $100 profit for me." The Tennessee contractor also does some measuring and figuring, then says, "I can do this job for $700. $300 for materials, $300 for my crew, and $100 profit for me." The Chicago contractor doesn't measure or figure, but leans over to the White House official and whispers, "$2,700." The official, incredulous, says, "You didn't even measure like the other guys! How did you come up with such a high figure?" The Chicago contractor whispers back, "$1000 for me, $1000 for you, and we hire the guy from Tennessee to fix the fence." "Done!" replies the government official. And that, my friends, is how the new stimulus plan will work.
My three favorite boxers:
1905-1974 James J. "Cinderella Man" Braddock
2006 Goldwing Nav
2020 Subaru Forester Touring

Drewboy22

• Master Tejano Rider
  • San Antonio, Texas
Re: So then he wins the contract to build the border fence
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2014, 06:57:25 AM »

:rofl: :rofl:  So true!  :flag:
Ride it like you Borrowed it :)

TrexG

• Tejano
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2014, 03:09:37 PM »

Friend you just explained how the government really works where even I can understand it.  :c
Laughter is the best medicine and that is why I carry a mirror with me everywhere I go.

Gumbo

• Board
  • Elvis
  • 06 1800R
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2014, 03:23:55 PM »

Thanks Snake
\"The moment you taste it, something wet and dark leaps on you and starts humping you like a swamp dog in heat, and the only way to get it off you is to eat it off, It\'s Gumbo!! If you don\'t eat it then the mystery beast will go right on humping you.

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal