Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Gmax GM54S - New Full Face Helmet  (Read 528 times)

Rocket67

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Legend In My Own Mind
Gmax GM54S - New Full Face Helmet
« on: July 29, 2014, 01:07:12 PM »

So, my Bell Pit Boss half-helmet has NO vents....and I don't like that.  I just bought a Gmax GM54S on Amazon for $129 (shipped) and based on the reviews it is pretty good quality and WELL vented.  Anyone here using the GMAX?  Riding Full Face or Modular?  I had a FF for my FZ6 a few years ago and liked the way it looked and worked.  The GS54 is matt black and has the main shield and also a sun visor that comes down like the Pit Boss which I really use the heck out of. 
-Scott
2019 FLHXS

rkboseke

• Rider
  • 2004 VTX 1800c
Re: Gmax GM54S - New Full Face Helmet
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2014, 05:41:09 AM »

I wear a GMAX 68 and I like it. It's fairly quiet and very well vented.
Rob
Hockley, TX.

DEPTHCHARGE

• Trailer Queen
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2014, 07:29:21 PM »

I've been wearing the 54S for a few months and really like it. It's comfy, easy to clean and seems to slip through cross winds better than my old FF. I don't notice much ventilation with the sun visor up as it blocks the top vents but it's no worse than others I've worn and I can feel a little air circulating with it down. I use the light on the back frequently and will probably add the kit to tie it to my brake light soon. Part of the seal on the left side of the modular piece came loose (glue didn't hold) but it doesn't affect anything so I'm not concerned. Overall it's a very good helmet, especially for the price.
I used to be indecisive but now....I'm not so sure.

Rocket67

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Legend In My Own Mind
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2014, 06:58:15 AM »

I've been wearing the 54S for a few months and really like it. It's comfy, easy to clean and seems to slip through cross winds better than my old FF. I don't notice much ventilation with the sun visor up as it blocks the top vents but it's no worse than others I've worn and I can feel a little air circulating with it down. I use the light on the back frequently and will probably add the kit to tie it to my brake light soon. Part of the seal on the left side of the modular piece came loose (glue didn't hold) but it doesn't affect anything so I'm not concerned. Overall it's a very good helmet, especially for the price.

Thanks for the review, mine shoud be here today.  On the module that connects the brake to the helmet, any idea how that works?  Does it have to wire into the system somehow?
-Scott
2019 FLHXS

Rocket67

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Legend In My Own Mind
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2014, 07:01:18 AM »

Thanks for the review, mine shoud be here today.  On the module that connects the brake to the helmet, any idea how that works?  Does it have to wire into the system somehow?

Nevermind, Youtube to the rescue!
-Scott
2019 FLHXS

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal