Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: How much trash?  (Read 534 times)

Luckys Lover

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • My other addiction
How much trash?
« on: August 05, 2014, 08:22:23 AM »

Filmed in Corpus Christi Bay after 1" of rain.

https://www.youtube.com/zspkROGWRTg

Kinda sad, really.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2014, 08:29:43 AM by Luckys Lover »
If stupidity got us into this mess, why can stupidity get us out of it? Will Rogers
I don't care what other people think. They don't do it very often!
Of Course it's dirty. It's hard to clean when the tires keep moving.

Bobcat Biker

• Board
  • Master Tejano Rider
  • Let's ride...wherever...whenever
Re: How much trash?
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2014, 08:44:59 AM »

It's amazing how lazy some people are....I grew up on the coast and visiting the coast after a holiday is very depressing.
I left the Rabbit Hole brewery the other day and someone had thrown 4 cans out of their car when there was a trash can less than 20 ft away.  Its not that hard to pick up after yourselves.   ok...I feel better.
06 VTX 1300R  (sold 10/18/14)
07 VTX 1800R (sold 2/21)
21 Goldwing DCT "Elsa"

Texan... Born and Raised..

hooter

• Master of Monumental Proportions
  • Itasca (just North of Hillsboro on sceanic I-35W)
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2014, 12:06:03 PM »

It's amazing how lazy some people are....I grew up on the coast and visiting the coast after a holiday is very depressing.
I left the Rabbit Hole brewery the other day and someone had thrown 4 cans out of their car when there was a trash can less than 20 ft away.  Its not that hard to pick up after yourselves.   ok...I feel better.

Wish I'd seen them throw them out. I'd pick'um up and put'um back in the car and then pointed to a trash can. I don't have a probablem with that!  :c
What I do today is very important because
I traded a day of my life for it.

Whatever you want to do, do it now.
  There are only so many tomorrows.

Lucky

• Board
  • Elvis
  • Canyon Lake, TX
    • Facebook
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2014, 01:28:33 PM »

That link did not work for me....this one did  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zspkROGWRTg

The cosmetic ugliness is only one negative about all the trash that gets washed into our bodies of water.  The death it causes when fish and birds mistakenly eat it thinking it is food, or if they get trapped in it, like the six pack plastic rings, is an even greater negative.
"Lucky" Connie
'06 Pearl Dark Blue 1300C
If you don't love what you're doing, then don't do it.
Your chances of success are directly proportional to the degree of pleasure you derive from what you do.

Bobcat Biker

• Board
  • Master Tejano Rider
  • Let's ride...wherever...whenever
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2014, 01:57:18 PM »

Growing up...Rockport was known for it's Tarpon...Grouper were everywhere....King, Jack, Ling, Redfish, Snapper,  Trout...used to come home with stringers full.
Now?  Pollution and overfishing have taken most of the really good fishing away.  It's very sad.  I'm heading down there in a couple of weeks.  I hope to get some fishing in..
06 VTX 1300R  (sold 10/18/14)
07 VTX 1800R (sold 2/21)
21 Goldwing DCT "Elsa"

Texan... Born and Raised..

hipshot

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • New Caney, TX
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2014, 02:59:06 PM »

On our trip to Rockport two weeks ago I was fishing the north end of Lighthouse Lakes when I found a straight run of 75 yards of braided fishing line through an oyster bed (where it was stuck tight) and into the mangroves.  Twenty feet into the mangroves I found a dead great blue heron with the line wrapped around its foot.  It looks like it got the line tangled on its foot and was flying with the line trailing in the water.  The line stuck in the oysters, causing an abrupt halt and crash.  Sorry way for a beautiful bird to die.
02 1800C

Drewboy22

• Master Tejano Rider
  • San Antonio, Texas
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2014, 06:56:15 AM »

Wish I'd seen them throw them out. I'd pick'um up and put'um back in the car and then pointed to a trash can. I don't have a probablem with that!  :c

I have done that before.  "Excuse me sir, but you accidentally dropped this over there."  It works sometimes :)
Ride it like you Borrowed it :)

Lucky

• Board
  • Elvis
  • Canyon Lake, TX
    • Facebook
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2014, 04:04:37 PM »

I have done that before.  "Excuse me sir, but you accidentally dropped this over there."  It works sometimes :)
Drew, you sure were more civil then I would probably be. 
"Lucky" Connie
'06 Pearl Dark Blue 1300C
If you don't love what you're doing, then don't do it.
Your chances of success are directly proportional to the degree of pleasure you derive from what you do.

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal