Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: New Toy?  (Read 716 times)

Rocket67

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Legend In My Own Mind
New Toy?
« on: March 10, 2014, 02:47:03 PM »

I just put together a sheep tank, horse tank filter and an aquarium filter to make a crawfish soak tank.  If this works, no more eating POO.   

The theory is that 24-48 hours in this tank that they will have been able to rid their systems of the vegitation and mud that is oh so horrible to eat when you are buggin down. 

DON'T SAY SALT IN A COOLER DOES THE SAME THING...you are wrong and are a poop eater.

This was developed over 10 years of research and it the way that farms purge crawfish, salt just kills them.  I am providing a clean, oxygen rich, nitrate free environment where they can enjoy themselves until I kill them. 

This tank will purge somewhere in the area of 100lbs of bugs.  I can't wait until they are actually available!!!

-Scott
2019 FLHXS

Rocket67

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Legend In My Own Mind
Re: New Toy?
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2014, 02:49:46 PM »

The tank is much bigger than it looks in the picture.  My brother in law said, "Wow, online it wasn't that big of a deal but in person it's awesome". 

Oh, and one of my neighbors is actually on this forum.  I forgot his handle but now that the weather is starting to turn I am sure we will end up on a couple of rides with the rest the group. 

-Scott
2019 FLHXS

Gumbo

• Board
  • Elvis
  • 06 1800R
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2014, 05:52:28 PM »

More that happy to help you test it out :lunch: :thumbup:
\"The moment you taste it, something wet and dark leaps on you and starts humping you like a swamp dog in heat, and the only way to get it off you is to eat it off, It\'s Gumbo!! If you don\'t eat it then the mystery beast will go right on humping you.

alejandro1800vtx

• Master Tejano Rider
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2014, 07:08:46 PM »

They selling the yum yum bugs all ready here in beaumont yum yum time
« Last Edit: March 10, 2014, 07:11:49 PM by alejandro1800vtx »
just take it slow

Rocket67

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Legend In My Own Mind
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2014, 12:15:18 PM »

They selling the yum yum bugs all ready here in beaumont yum yum time

The best price I found here last week was $3.99/lb and I am not about to spend more on crawfish than I would spend on good steak.  I like them a lot but not about to spend $120/bag for bottom feeders.  I will start testing this out at around $2/lb and crank it up when we are under $1.50/lb. 
-Scott
2019 FLHXS

sherri

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • The Woodlands
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2014, 05:27:00 PM »

I just put together a sheep tank, horse tank filter and an aquarium filter to make a crawfish soak tank.  If this works, no more eating POO.  

The theory is that 24-48 hours in this tank that they will have been able to rid their systems of the vegitation and mud that is oh so horrible to eat when you are buggin down.  

DON'T SAY SALT IN A COOLER DOES THE SAME THING...you are wrong and are a poop eater.

This was developed over 10 years of research and it the way that farms purge crawfish, salt just kills them.  I am providing a clean, oxygen rich, nitrate free environment where they can enjoy themselves until I kill them.  

This tank will purge somewhere in the area of 100lbs of bugs.  I can't wait until they are actually available!!!

Looks interesting maybe you should patent it, if it works.

If you ever see me with horns sticking out of my helmet
call an ambulance  .  .  .  .    I’ve hit a deer

Rocket67

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Legend In My Own Mind
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2014, 12:13:30 PM »

Looks interesting maybe you should patent it, if it works.

Can't patent it, the tank and both filters already have patents.  I didn't invent anything, just put it together in an interesting way.
-Scott
2019 FLHXS

Rocket67

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Legend In My Own Mind
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2014, 11:52:25 AM »

Tested it and definitely going to need some adjustments.  Circulation isn't near enough.  Will update with v2.
-Scott
2019 FLHXS

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal