Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 1/26 TODAY Gas Monkey Bar and Grill @1:30  (Read 1906 times)

Wahoo

• Old Timer
1/26 TODAY Gas Monkey Bar and Grill @1:30
« on: January 26, 2014, 10:25:08 AM »

Short notice but join us at Gas Monkey Bar and Grill at 1:30

ADDRESS : 10261 Technology Blvd E Dallas, Texas, 75220 | PHONE: 214-350-1904  http://gasmonkeybarngrill.com/menu/

Looks like several bands will there this afternoon as well as a food drive for Minnie's Food Pantry
Secret to a Happy Marriage -- an '02 1800C for him and an '03 1800C for ME!!!

Gumbo

• Board
  • Elvis
  • 06 1800R
Re: 1/26 TODAY Gas Monkey Bar and Grill @1:30
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2014, 03:10:33 PM »

Whoa way to short notice, wouldn't mind making that run. Let usknow how it was  :needpics:
\"The moment you taste it, something wet and dark leaps on you and starts humping you like a swamp dog in heat, and the only way to get it off you is to eat it off, It\'s Gumbo!! If you don\'t eat it then the mystery beast will go right on humping you.

xcaliber

• Board
  • Elvis
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2014, 03:41:50 PM »

I watch that show sometimes, How's the place. Want to get up there and check it out.
It's all just part of the adventure!

Wahoo

• Old Timer
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2014, 06:40:13 PM »

Planning isn't one of my strengths  ::)

Gas Monkey was a little pricy for what you got -- now I can say I've been there.  We ended up following Hooter over to Stroker's which was packed! 

Great day to be out on the bikes  :t
Secret to a Happy Marriage -- an '02 1800C for him and an '03 1800C for ME!!!

hooter

• Master of Monumental Proportions
  • Itasca (just North of Hillsboro on sceanic I-35W)
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2014, 07:24:39 PM »

Yes it was a wonderful day to ride and meet up with two friends that mean the world to me. Jim and Janatha are as fantastic a couple as you'll will ever meet. Thanks my friends for the day!! :cool2:
 As for the Gas Monkey, it was packed and hard to find a place to park, and although I only had a beer that Jim bought, I was empressed that you got to keep the glass. I can only imagine what the beer cost so it's not a place to take your friends just to drink beer, unless your trying to put on the Ritz to impress somebody. The food service was on a scale from 1 to 10 rate a 5. Ok he didn't get my beer fast enough. When you walk into an eatery the smell of food should over take the smell sensories and make your mouth water. It didn't nor did I hear anybody braging about the flavors. It was fun watching the crowds. Probably 80% of the people in there that were on bikes were sporting fresh out of the Christmas box, new vests, boots and jeans and the big giggle was outside when you looked, most of the bikes there where new Harleys that didn't even have the new smell off the motor yet.
I don't mean to be critical but I'd reather assoiate with riders. Nice place but---- :c 
What I do today is very important because
I traded a day of my life for it.

Whatever you want to do, do it now.
  There are only so many tomorrows.

alejandro1800vtx

• Master Tejano Rider
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2014, 08:08:16 PM »

Planning isn't one of my strengths  ::)

Gas Monkey was a little pricy for what you got -- now I can say I've been there.  We ended up following Hooter over to Stroker's which was packed! 

Great day to be out on the bikes  :t

+1 that place is a place to avoid I was there when they open and got shocked about the quality of the food, If u want to spend good money go to Casa De Caballos in houston daaaaaam good food  :thumbup:
just take it slow

xcaliber

• Board
  • Elvis
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2014, 08:12:13 PM »

I know what you mean,Hooter. That's why I never call myself a "Biker" I simply say I'm a rider. I remember a while back I saw this guy pull into a gas station. This dude was riding a old BMW with the steel sidecases that look like they were designed to hold medical waste. They were covered with scarred up stickers of the places he had been. He was wearing a Hi Vis jacket that was so faded that it was no longer Hi Vis. When he pulled his helmet off , he had long white hair and a snow white beard. I remember thinking, That guy is cool! That dude is the real deal.
It's all just part of the adventure!

hooter

• Master of Monumental Proportions
  • Itasca (just North of Hillsboro on sceanic I-35W)
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2014, 02:02:02 PM »

Gary, I and many others around here would and do consider you to be a rider. As hard core as the guy on that old BMW, well maybe not but you know what I mean. I'm glad for those guys and glad they're enjoying the sport but I hope they learn some smarts and respect what the bike can and will do to'um before they get bit in the---.  :c :c
What I do today is very important because
I traded a day of my life for it.

Whatever you want to do, do it now.
  There are only so many tomorrows.

Bobcat Biker

• Board
  • Master Tejano Rider
  • Let's ride...wherever...whenever
« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2014, 03:10:39 PM »

A few of us including Lance, Chad went there a few months ago...a place to be seen...and listen to some good music..but beer and food were a little pricey.  Dusty parking lot got the bikes all dusty...saw a couple of Harley get dropped from being overserved.  I won't go back..may ride by and wave. 
06 VTX 1300R  (sold 10/18/14)
07 VTX 1800R (sold 2/21)
21 Goldwing DCT "Elsa"

Texan... Born and Raised..

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal