Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Spring Thing 2014  (Read 7076 times)

snake

• Master of Monumental Proportions
  • What a ride it's been!
Spring Thing 2014
« on: January 06, 2014, 02:25:33 PM »

Allright then. There wasn't a thread although there was a heading sooooo....here goes! Is there going to be a 2014 Spring thing and is there a date for it set? I'm not sure wether Kenny was making the reservations or if Randy was. Does anyone know?  Time is getting short.

SSSSSSsssssnake
:ohwow: signed: A reality-challenged left wingnut!
     420! Yeah, baby!

Isorg

• Administrator
  • Texas X Rider OverLord
  • 2007 1300c, 2002 Yamaha fz1
    • Izzy's Mind
Re: Spring Thing 2014
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2014, 03:07:26 PM »

I am game!
:camping:

2007 1300c VTX
2002 Yamaha FZ1
2007 FJR1300

Gumbo

• Board
  • Elvis
  • 06 1800R
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2014, 04:20:44 PM »

Anyone have any ideas or suggestions where to have Spring Thing, or is this strickly a turkey roost event  ???
 :agree: it is time to talk about it!
Thanks for tossing it out there Snake.
\"The moment you taste it, something wet and dark leaps on you and starts humping you like a swamp dog in heat, and the only way to get it off you is to eat it off, It\'s Gumbo!! If you don\'t eat it then the mystery beast will go right on humping you.

beaux43

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • "Punxher"
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2014, 08:02:26 PM »

Well, I would be willing to bet that neither has reserved the facility.  Since Cedar Ridge is a State of Texas Park, one must reserve this facility usually one year in advance and to my knowledge this hasn't been done. 

This reservation has always been put on one of their (Kenny or Randy) Personal credit cards.  The money was always repaid to one them because the State Park system pulls the full amount $450.00 upfront from the cardholder.  So one of them were always out of pocket for this money for 1 year until the event (bet you guys didn't know that one).  Also, as they departed on Sunday, they would make the next years reservation and once again put it on their credit card.  So in reality, one of them was out $900.00 bucks before repayment for the first $450.00 from the 'Texas X Riders' account was ever returned. 

So, Snake, Gumbo, Bryce...who is going to use their credit card first???  Oh, come-on Gumbo, we know you've got a hidden Cajun bank roll!!!

More than likely, this event...if ever held again, will also turn into a camp-out.
'03 1800R
'08 GL1800 GoldWing

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally wornout, shouting..."What a Ride!"

Gumbo

• Board
  • Elvis
  • 06 1800R
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2014, 08:56:19 PM »

So does that mean your gonna make it Bobby  ???
I think (correct me if I am mistaken) that the north will be hosting Spring Thing if there is to be one, supported by the whole group.
Just like BBT there no hard and fast rules it has to be at Turkey Roost. Again correct me if I am wrong.
Ideas - Suggestions?
\"The moment you taste it, something wet and dark leaps on you and starts humping you like a swamp dog in heat, and the only way to get it off you is to eat it off, It\'s Gumbo!! If you don\'t eat it then the mystery beast will go right on humping you.

xcaliber

• Board
  • Elvis
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2014, 09:12:43 PM »

This was Kenny's event, no one asked him to front the money. If required to do so, I would move the event.
It's all just part of the adventure!

jmdaniel

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • My other toy, '77 FJ40...
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2014, 09:42:26 PM »

:popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."
-- Unknown

2016 Honda F6B Deluxe
2007 Yamaha FJR1300A
2003 Honda VTX 1300

Isorg

• Administrator
  • Texas X Rider OverLord
  • 2007 1300c, 2002 Yamaha fz1
    • Izzy's Mind
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2014, 10:38:51 PM »

I wasnt there all 3 days last time, but did we even use the pavilion?

and whats wrong with a camp-out??   :camping:

2007 1300c VTX
2002 Yamaha FZ1
2007 FJR1300

RedDragon

• Master of Monumental Proportions
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2014, 05:56:54 AM »

In other words Bobby, No they didn't know that one.  :what: :rofl:

2005 VTX 1800C Red Tribal Flame
2005 Yamaha FZ1 Silver

beaux43

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • "Punxher"
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2014, 10:33:13 PM »

:redcard:  Exactly!    And Turkey Roost is in reference to the Spring when Kenny hunts...Spring Turkey!   Exactly!

Gumbo...North, what the chit is North?  I'm from the Cen-Tex!  Exactly!  And whole group, 1st...where were you in the group.  Correct me if I'm wrong, but you didn't attend last year...Exactly!  Oh, and you didn't attend last years BBT either...so don't call me out on attendance, buddy!

Gary...yes Kenny started it along with a couple of others from 'the group'; but it was set up different those early couple of years (I was not around then) & I thought you thoroughly enjoyed the spirits last year...headache!

Bryce...whether we used the pavilion or not, we rented that entire camp area, so no one else outside of our group could stay/use the area including the showers/head.
'03 1800R
'08 GL1800 GoldWing

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally wornout, shouting..."What a Ride!"

xcaliber

• Board
  • Elvis
« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2014, 07:22:57 AM »

I did enjoy the spirits but it was after a 300 mile ride. In the past, Kenny and his brother showed me neat rides to places like the Horny Toad in Cransfell Gap and Mother Neff park. Only 3 of us rode.That was disappointing.  This is after all a motorcycle association and that part seems to have been forgotten. I show up to ride with you, Bobby. 
It's all just part of the adventure!

murray_61

• Board
  • Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Hobe Sound, FL
    • facebook
« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2014, 09:26:22 AM »

Riesen's Park in San Saba, TX is a nice location, and allows for all of our shinanigans...  There have been a few updates since I took the pics at the link below.  All of the roads are paved like the 1st pic, a swimming pool has been built, the slab has been upgraded, etc.  The entire park is shaded by huge pecan trees (which also block the wind), has plenty of camping area, and RV hookups, bathrooms w/ showers, it is right on the San Saba River, there are great roads to ride around there (FM 580, FM 500, and others), things to see, and great places to eat/hang out, and a hotel within walking distance.  We used to have a good CASA Rally there every year, and the Gypsies have been there a few times (all before the improvements were made).  Either pavilion can be rented for $150, or the entire park for $1,500.  If there isn't a big event the city has planned, there really isn't a reason to rent the entire park.

If you want to look at the map, it's google:  31.197743,-98.706978

Pics:  www.dropbox.com/sh/tsc81ahed83eeam/d1r53wpqh0

http://www.sansabatexas.com/visit-us/city-parks/risien-park-2/

http://sansabachamber.com/things-to-do/

http://www.sansabatexas.com/visit-us/local-lodgings/

http://www.sansabatexas.com/visit-us/local-eateries/

http://www.sansabatexas.com/history/other-attractions/nggallery/slideshow

http://www.sansabatexas.com/visit-us/rack-cards/

« Last Edit: January 24, 2014, 10:06:10 AM by murray_61 »

Gumbo

• Board
  • Elvis
  • 06 1800R
« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2014, 10:57:10 AM »

Riesen's Park looks good, at the very least it is a start  :thumbup: :thumbup:

Gumbo

• Board
  • Elvis
  • 06 1800R
« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2014, 11:12:01 AM »

Don't recall calling anyone out Buddy ;D
Your right I did not attend last year Spring Thing or BBT, but I did however send in my registration for BBT and have the funky shirt to prove it.
I have this thing called a JOB that takes president over events, got to pay bills and buy beans ya know.
North, what the chit is North?  I'm from the Cen-Tex!
Well that is north to me!!
The goal here in not to offend anyone, it was to get Spring Thing back on the radar, that’s it.   :c :c
Got to admit I don't know the history behind Spring Thing, heck I thought it was called Turkey Roost  :laugh:

Drewboy22

• Master Tejano Rider
  • San Antonio, Texas
« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2014, 04:42:12 PM »

, heck I thought it was called Turkey Roost  :laugh:

You mean it's not? Oops ;D
Ride it like you Borrowed it :)
Pages: [1] 2

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal