Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: NHRA Texas Fall Nationals  (Read 2299 times)

Strandedtexan

• Trailer Queen
  • Happy to be back in Texas
NHRA Texas Fall Nationals
« on: September 01, 2013, 12:19:58 PM »

Ever wanted to see, hear and FEEL a Top Fuel drag race?  Me too!

What:  NHRA Texas Fall Nationals.  Sportsman class elimination rounds, Pro Stock car AND motorcycle qualifying, Funny Car qualifying, Top Fuel qualifying
Where:  Ennis, TX
When:  Saturday Sep 21, 2013.  Racing starts at 8am, Top Fuel starts at 3:30pm and completes the day's racing.
Why:  VIP Biker Package (Saturday Only - $79/person) includes preferred motorcycle parking at the front gates of Texas Motorplex, reserved ticket with pit access, access to biker only hospitality tent, catered lunch provided, exclusive Texas Motorplex gift for bikers, private meet and greet/autograph session with professional racers.

I'm thinking the X Riders might want to make it an event.  Plus, you get an awful lot for $79 if you're a biker...which we are!  Anyone interested?

Links:
http://texasmotorplex.com/tickets/individual-tickets/biker/ Tickets Package
http://texasmotorplex.com/nhra-fall-nationals/ Event

'04 VTX1800N.  27000 miles and counting.

xcaliber

• Board
  • Elvis
Re: NHRA Texas Fall Nationals
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2013, 12:22:19 PM »

We have a simular track down here in Baytown, when I was somebody I used to get to have access to a suite. ah, the good ol'days.  Good stuff.
It's all just part of the adventure!

Gumbo

• Board
  • Elvis
  • 06 1800R
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2013, 08:45:20 PM »

Sounds great, I will be back in Seattle and can't make this event, but for the money it is a good deal.  :thumbup:
\"The moment you taste it, something wet and dark leaps on you and starts humping you like a swamp dog in heat, and the only way to get it off you is to eat it off, It\'s Gumbo!! If you don\'t eat it then the mystery beast will go right on humping you.

jmdaniel

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • My other toy, '77 FJ40...
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2013, 09:44:32 PM »

Used to go to NHRA events, haven't been back since they went to 1000 foot tracks. Drag races are supposed to be 1/4 mile...  :redcard:
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."
-- Unknown

2016 Honda F6B Deluxe
2007 Yamaha FJR1300A
2003 Honda VTX 1300

Strandedtexan

• Trailer Queen
  • Happy to be back in Texas
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2013, 09:30:18 AM »

Used to go to NHRA events, haven't been back since they went to 1000 foot tracks. Drag races are supposed to be 1/4 mile...  :redcard:

Why in the world would they do that?  Safety thing?  Still, I'd like to cross this experience off my bucket list.  I'm going!  It would be cool to have some friends. 

Maybe we could have a shirt or patch or a pin or something to allow us to recognize one another and set us apart from the others in attendance?    It's still 3 weeks away.
'04 VTX1800N.  27000 miles and counting.

jmdaniel

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • My other toy, '77 FJ40...
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2013, 10:35:41 AM »

Why in the world would they do that?  Safety thing?  Still, I'd like to cross this experience off my bucket list.  I'm going!  It would be cool to have some friends. 

Maybe we could have a shirt or patch or a pin or something to allow us to recognize one another and set us apart from the others in attendance?    It's still 3 weeks away.

They did it after this:

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=b9e_1214163478

It was an overreaction; the tracks I have been to, (Enis, Baytown, Brainerd), all have plenty of runout space at the end of the track. The track in Jersey doesn't; on the other side of the trees, (?!?!?), at the end of the track sits a highway.

Definitely go; it's definitely worth it if you have never been. I always liked taking newbies, and looking at their faces when the first set of Funny Car or Top Fuel cars went down the track. It is one of the biggest WTF!!! moments you will ever have, I promise.  :c
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."
-- Unknown

2016 Honda F6B Deluxe
2007 Yamaha FJR1300A
2003 Honda VTX 1300

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal