Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: Bluebonnet Thunder 2014  (Read 8068 times)

Gumbo

• Board
  • Elvis
  • 06 1800R
Re: Bluebonnet Thunder 2014
« Reply #30 on: September 06, 2013, 01:14:02 PM »

Alright October 19-20 it is.  We'll make another thread on meetup times and places to scope out.  We should probably in that thread make a list of at least 3 potential places that could host us. 

Good plan  :thumbup:

Ok this sets the stage, offer up any ideas you might have,  consensus wins. ;D
This is our outing now is your chance to input your ideas.  :popcorn:
\"The moment you taste it, something wet and dark leaps on you and starts humping you like a swamp dog in heat, and the only way to get it off you is to eat it off, It\'s Gumbo!! If you don\'t eat it then the mystery beast will go right on humping you.

Drewboy22

• Master Tejano Rider
  • San Antonio, Texas
« Reply #31 on: September 06, 2013, 01:41:04 PM »

As far as other places to go - if we are all on our own?  What about State Parks?  Inks Lake is a great place, lots of spots and if we kinda work together tent camper could share a space with an RV camper.  Water and Electric sites right on the water front.  i know there is an entrance fee and site fee but they offer clean showers and restrooms and keep the parks nice as well.

There my .02,

Drew
Ride it like you Borrowed it :)

Gumbo

• Board
  • Elvis
  • 06 1800R
« Reply #32 on: September 06, 2013, 02:08:55 PM »

As far as other places to go - if we are all on our own?  What about State Parks?  Inks Lake is a great place, lots of spots and if we kinda work together tent camper could share a space with an RV camper.  Water and Electric sites right on the water front.  i know there is an entrance fee and site fee but they offer clean showers and restrooms and keep the parks nice as well.

There my .02,

Drew

Great suggestion http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/state-parks/inks-lake/fees-facilities/group-facilities fees are very reasonable.
Thanks your your .02 This is also a possibility.
\"The moment you taste it, something wet and dark leaps on you and starts humping you like a swamp dog in heat, and the only way to get it off you is to eat it off, It\'s Gumbo!! If you don\'t eat it then the mystery beast will go right on humping you.

Chad

• Board
  • Elvis
  • M G, TX.
« Reply #33 on: September 06, 2013, 04:03:51 PM »

Everything sounds great to me!!  :thumbup:
Member since 2004
RIP Torque Dec.18,1975-Apr.29,2009

xcaliber

• Board
  • Elvis
« Reply #34 on: September 06, 2013, 04:30:21 PM »

Alright October 19-20 it is.  We'll make another thread on meetup times and places to scope out.  We should probably in that thread make a list of at least 3 potential places that could host us. 

sounds good! any place but Fredricksberg. It was good while it lasted but I'm ready for someplace new. There's also a number of Bed and Breakfast places in Bandera just FYI.
It's all just part of the adventure!

xcaliber

• Board
  • Elvis
« Reply #35 on: September 06, 2013, 05:23:24 PM »

CRAP! Looked at my calandar and I am scheduled to be in a cook off for the Children's Miricle Network that weekend. Rammit. :cuss:

Lucky

• Board
  • Elvis
  • Canyon Lake, TX
    • Facebook
« Reply #36 on: September 06, 2013, 07:24:29 PM »

I like the State Park idea from Drewboy.  At this moment Oct 19-20 looks open for Wayne and I we will mark it down.
"Lucky" Connie
'06 Pearl Dark Blue 1300C
If you don't love what you're doing, then don't do it.
Your chances of success are directly proportional to the degree of pleasure you derive from what you do.

Gumbo

• Board
  • Elvis
  • 06 1800R
« Reply #37 on: September 06, 2013, 07:26:33 PM »

Great news, we have two places to explore, one more would be great :thumbup:

xcaliber

• Board
  • Elvis
« Reply #38 on: September 06, 2013, 08:19:25 PM »

don't forget that we will have folks that don't camp or RV so wherever we pick need to have access to cabins and or Hotels

Gumbo

• Board
  • Elvis
  • 06 1800R
« Reply #39 on: September 06, 2013, 09:18:31 PM »

don't forget that we will have folks that don't camp or RV so wherever we pick need to have access to cabins and or Hotels

Yep all things to look into, thanks for bringing it up :thumbup:

snake

• Master of Monumental Proportions
  • What a ride it's been!
« Reply #40 on: September 09, 2013, 01:50:50 PM »

Maybe not ready for this distance to a new site yet for the spring rally yet, but this is a place I have camped at before, as late as this spring even, so it is still current. Look at the pics, and the accomodations available. If not the spring rally, I know a smaller get together is in order pretty soon. Even has canoeing. Price is good also.
[url=http://www.petitjeanstatepark.com/]
SSSSsssnake

LODGE
Miscellaneous
 Units/Rooms: 56
Pets Accepted
Seating Capacity: 100
Type of Service: Banquet, Buffet, Menu
Picnic Area
Accessible
On or Near: Lake Bailey, Arkansas River (Okla. to Little Rock)

Marina Details
 Fishing Licenses Sold
Boat Rentals
Snack/Groceries

Campground Details
Campsites:
94 RV/Tent with W/E (34 pull-thrus); 33 RV/Tent with W/E/S; 5 Fly-in with E
Facilities:
Lodge and restaurant, cabins, food concession trailer, gift shops, fishing and pedal boat rentals, Rent-A-Camp, and Rent-A-Yurts available; Rally-style area, fly-in campground, restrooms, hot showers, dump station, pool, tennis courts, picnic sites, pavilions, snack bar, playgrounds, airport for daytime use only. Call (501) 727-5431 (V/TT) for lodge and cabin reservations. Pets must be leashed at all times.

The flagship of the state parks system built in the 1930s by the Civilian Conservation Corps, features Mather Lodge and Restaurant, cabins, swimming pools, campground and fly-in campground, boating and fishing on Lake Bailey, visitor center exhibits. Twenty miles of hiking trails; 95-foot-high Cedar Falls, the park's focal point. Pets must be leashed at all times. Boat dock offers boat, motor, pedal boat and water bike rentals; boathouse offers snack bar, boat rental supplies in summer. Overlooks at the east and west ends of Petit Jean Mountain provide dramatic vistas of the Arkansas River, the water route of the Trail of Tears, a Congress- designated National Historic Trail. Named by Camping Life magazine as number one on their list of the nation's Top 10 State Parks.

« Last Edit: September 09, 2013, 02:00:36 PM by snake »
:ohwow: signed: A reality-challenged left wingnut!
     420! Yeah, baby!

Chad

• Board
  • Elvis
  • M G, TX.
« Reply #41 on: September 09, 2013, 02:20:37 PM »

Have been there before and is a really nice State Park. :thumbup: :thumbup:
Member since 2004
RIP Torque Dec.18,1975-Apr.29,2009

Gumbo

• Board
  • Elvis
  • 06 1800R
« Reply #42 on: September 09, 2013, 02:56:57 PM »

This would be a great spring gathering location :thumbup:
I love Arkansas roads.  :thumbup: :bikerider:

xcaliber

• Board
  • Elvis
« Reply #43 on: September 09, 2013, 04:08:46 PM »

:thumbup: :thumbup: I like this idea!

seefriedm

• Master Tejano Rider
« Reply #44 on: September 09, 2013, 09:21:42 PM »

I like the thought of trying new places out but with all Texas has to offer isn't there other spots here in the Lone Star state? With being here since 06 there is so much of the state Ive yet to see. Is there places in the middle of the state besides Fredericksburg with great riding that folks would like to try out? Centrally located to all the major cities? Maybe get a list of 3-5 places talk about it and put it to a vote? Snakes idea is a good one for sure.

Mark
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal