Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: Bluebonnet Thunder 2014  (Read 8070 times)

xcaliber

• Board
  • Elvis
Re: Bluebonnet Thunder 2014
« Reply #15 on: September 05, 2013, 03:29:35 PM »

There is a great RV park in Bandera(Pioneer RV) and it also has good tent camping spots. There is a neat place across the road that have really cute cabins for Hotelers or there is always the Bandera Inn. Kind of a dump but I have stayed there several times. The campground and cabins are within walking distance of downtown with the cool bars that generally have live music. If we are going there, we need to get moving as the cabins tend to fill up . 
« Last Edit: September 05, 2013, 03:34:23 PM by xcaliber »
It's all just part of the adventure!

alejandro1800vtx

• Master Tejano Rider
« Reply #16 on: September 05, 2013, 03:41:57 PM »

Thinking about hosting a tech session when it cools off, maybe cook a pig :lunch: :lunch:
Maybe in October  ???
Anyone interested ???

U cook a pig and I don't care that I don't have a bike, I'm walking to your house sr   :rofl: :lunch: :thumbup:
just take it slow

xcaliber

• Board
  • Elvis
« Reply #17 on: September 05, 2013, 03:46:13 PM »

I agree that we have to get back to making this about the ride and I have some great ideas to do this. Also Hobo has made the suggestion that we move it in the future to different parts of the state. I think that's a great idea. We need to have a great BBT this next year to get interest back. I think Bandera would be great or the Kyote Ranch would be great as well.Again great RV spots great tent camping spots, very cool cabins with a bar and store on site. Either of these spots could be a great place to meet up and it would not cost the TXR much money. I have stayed at all of the spots that I mentioned so I kinda know the area. The one person that knows it even better than me is Hobo. What say you Hobo?

Gumbo

• Board
  • Elvis
  • 06 1800R
« Reply #18 on: September 05, 2013, 03:48:49 PM »

There is a great RV park in Bandera(Pioneer RV) and it also has good tent camping spots. There is a neat place across the road that have really cute cabins for Hotelers or there is always the Bandera Inn. Kind of a dump but I have stayed there several times. The campground and cabins are within walking distance of downtown with the cool bars that generally have live music. If we are going there, we need to get moving as the cabins tend to fill up . 

I think this is a great place, I am off until next week, I will make contact and get details if we can settle on a date. (Bluebonnets start in March and peak in April) I am thinking early April better than late April.
How many camping old way in a tent.
How many in a RV/camper
Sure would like to see this tradition keep going. I seen no reason we can't have at the very least have 30 show up, would like to see many more.
http://pioneerriverresort.com/
\"The moment you taste it, something wet and dark leaps on you and starts humping you like a swamp dog in heat, and the only way to get it off you is to eat it off, It\'s Gumbo!! If you don\'t eat it then the mystery beast will go right on humping you.

xcaliber

• Board
  • Elvis
« Reply #19 on: September 05, 2013, 04:07:41 PM »

need to check it out as there is a large rally there about that time if I remember correct. Let's get this going . If some folks want to get together and scout it out, I will be glad to participate.

Bobcat Biker

• Board
  • Master Tejano Rider
  • Let's ride...wherever...whenever
« Reply #20 on: September 05, 2013, 04:11:36 PM »

Tech session would be awesome
06 VTX 1300R  (sold 10/18/14)
07 VTX 1800R (sold 2/21)
21 Goldwing DCT "Elsa"

Texan... Born and Raised..

matap

• Board
  • Master of Monumental Proportions
  • "Just put that hammer down and give it hell" -J.R.
« Reply #21 on: September 05, 2013, 05:05:02 PM »

need to check it out as there is a large rally there about that time if I remember correct. Let's get this going . If some folks want to get together and scout it out, I will be glad to participate.

:thumbup:
"Talk low, talk slow and don't talk too much" - John Wayne

Chad

• Board
  • Elvis
  • M G, TX.
« Reply #22 on: September 05, 2013, 06:55:03 PM »

:thumbup:
Member since 2004
RIP Torque Dec.18,1975-Apr.29,2009

Drewboy22

• Master Tejano Rider
  • San Antonio, Texas
« Reply #23 on: September 06, 2013, 08:56:48 AM »

I live in NW San Antonio and would be glad to ride up to Bandera.  You let me know when you want to meet up there to scout and I will be there. 

+1 for Bandera - Lots of good ride and roads to take!

Drew
Ride it like you Borrowed it :)

Gumbo

• Board
  • Elvis
  • 06 1800R
« Reply #24 on: September 06, 2013, 09:48:31 AM »

I have two weekends off next month 12 - 13 and 19 -20 whatever works for you all.  Other option in anytime between the 12th and 24th.  :thumbup: :bikerider:
\"The moment you taste it, something wet and dark leaps on you and starts humping you like a swamp dog in heat, and the only way to get it off you is to eat it off, It\'s Gumbo!! If you don\'t eat it then the mystery beast will go right on humping you.

matap

• Board
« Reply #25 on: September 06, 2013, 10:31:52 AM »

19-20 would work for me.

seefriedm

• Master Tejano Rider
« Reply #26 on: September 06, 2013, 10:46:01 AM »

I'm in also. Cabins for me. Had my fill of sleeping on the ground in the service.

I also like the idea of moving it around the state. I moved here in 06 and haven't been many places in the state.

Mark

Gumbo

• Board
  • Elvis
  • 06 1800R
« Reply #27 on: September 06, 2013, 11:28:07 AM »

19-20 would work for me.

Groovy  :thumbup: Marking it on the old calendar :bikerider:

Temp should be great, come one come all.  :c Maybe we can even have a glass of wine or two.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2013, 11:30:49 AM by Gumbo »

matap

• Board
« Reply #28 on: September 06, 2013, 12:18:51 PM »

Alright October 19-20 it is.  We'll make another thread on meetup times and places to scope out.  We should probably in that thread make a list of at least 3 potential places that could host us. 

Drewboy22

• Master Tejano Rider
  • San Antonio, Texas
« Reply #29 on: September 06, 2013, 12:59:12 PM »

Alright October 19-20 it is.  We'll make another thread on meetup times and places to scope out.  We should probably in that thread make a list of at least 3 potential places that could host us. 

Im in on the 19-20th.
Ride it like you Borrowed it :)
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal