Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

Author Topic: Bluebonnet Thunder 2014  (Read 8069 times)

Gumbo

• Board
  • Elvis
  • 06 1800R
Bluebonnet Thunder 2014
« on: July 24, 2013, 02:36:45 PM »

I know it's way early, but I had a Louisiana rider wanting to make the bluebonnet this year and planning his vacation around the event. 
Have we considered any dates or locations for the coming year? Or will this take place with the passing of the torch -- not sure exactly how this works.   ???
\"The moment you taste it, something wet and dark leaps on you and starts humping you like a swamp dog in heat, and the only way to get it off you is to eat it off, It\'s Gumbo!! If you don\'t eat it then the mystery beast will go right on humping you.

RedDragon

• Master of Monumental Proportions
Re: Bluebonnet Thunder 2014
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2013, 03:20:46 PM »

I know it's way early, but I had a Louisiana rider wanting to make the bluebonnet this year and planning his vacation around the event. 
Have we considered any dates or locations for the coming year? Or will this take place with the passing of the torch -- not sure exactly how this works.   ???

I doubt the current President is going to set anything up that he is not going to be taking care of.

:flag: :flag: :flag: Gumbo for President!  :flag: :flag: :flag:

So when and where is BBT Gumbo?  :t

2005 VTX 1800C Red Tribal Flame
2005 Yamaha FZ1 Silver

Gumbo

• Board
  • Elvis
  • 06 1800R
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2013, 08:55:01 PM »

Not in town enough for that job  ;D ;D  :c

I would only get everyone lost all of the time anyway. Might not be able to find my way back to the camp ground.   ;D ;D ::)
\"The moment you taste it, something wet and dark leaps on you and starts humping you like a swamp dog in heat, and the only way to get it off you is to eat it off, It\'s Gumbo!! If you don\'t eat it then the mystery beast will go right on humping you.

xcaliber

• Board
  • Elvis
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2013, 05:02:44 AM »

Not in town enough for that job  ;D ;D  :c

I would only get everyone lost all of the time anyway. Might not be able to find my way back to the camp ground.   ;D ;D ::)
where are you now or do you know?
It's all just part of the adventure!

Gumbo

• Board
  • Elvis
  • 06 1800R
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2013, 07:23:56 AM »

Home now, then off to Washington state on the 31st.

I just those Louisiana boys know how to pass a good time  :thumbup: and sure would like to see them show up.
Might not be a bad thing to throw out some suggestions on where and when the event would take place this year.
You central Texas bunch seem to be the most active right now, any ideas ??? ??? :popcorn:

snake

• What a ride it's been!
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2013, 06:50:20 AM »

With the prospect of there not being a new president, we ought to figure this like a statewide meet and greet this year, just try and come up with a good date and place to have it. I think suggestions should be given for when and where, if you have a place that could accomodate a small group, pitch it forward. No law says we have to stay at the LADYBIRD! I heard one suggestion of Bandera last week at mawmaws, and I understood them to say we have one rider that is a pretty much full time resident he spends soooo much time there( you know who I mean  ;D).
Seriously, even if we have it at the ladybird, do we need to be singled out on the hilltop? We could all just show up, pay for camping (always have to anyway), get a nice place under the trees on level ground( never do normally)
may not all be right together, but pick the best  spot someone has for their camp to congregate around and just enjoy ourselves. Kind of like how we were at the Armadillo back in the day. Just a suggestion.

SSSSssssnake
:ohwow: signed: A reality-challenged left wingnut!
     420! Yeah, baby!

Gumbo

• Board
  • Elvis
  • 06 1800R
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2013, 08:12:24 AM »

I like the idea of making a move to Bandera, any and all suggestions are welcome. I agree the dates should also be a collaborative decision by the group. If we have no president or board, sure wish someone would step up :thumbup: I am gone 30 days and home 12, just not enough time to do the proper job or I would throw my hat in the ring, just to keep the group going. I will be happy to support anyone that does step up 100%.
Bandera is now out there, so chime in and make suggestions on locations and dates.  :c

matap

• Board
  • "Just put that hammer down and give it hell" -J.R.
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2013, 08:25:01 AM »

Bandera is a good place.  Kerrville would be another place I would suggest as those who want to get a hotel the rates are usually way cheaper.  In terms of a campground I'm sure some scoping out would be in order and I wouldn't mind just riding out there one weekend and checking out any and all parks/camps/RV locations.  It seems to be a good area in terms of getting there fast since it's close to the highway and just a bit closer to all the roads we normally do. 

I agree with Snake, that with limited funds and the lower turn outs over the years making it a Meet & Greet style Rally would be good and beneficial to the forum, in terms of picking up funds again without having all the cost of a rally like prior years.

Also, with shirts, pins and the such indicating BBT XI, if so are desired it would be better to gauge interest at the event and those wanting it can pay in advance so that a specific order is made.  It would be beneficial to probably charge a small premium above the price to purchase and print so that we can generate some funds back in the account. 

These are just some ideas to help cope with the huge changes in this group. mainly participation. 

also another thought and let me be the Devil's advocate here...........with so many of us owning other bike models and/or brands, why not change the BBT from a "rally for VTX enthusiast" to a "rally for Riding enthusiast", since this is what it's really all about.  All razzing and joking aside of course. 

anyways, those are just my thoughts. 
"Talk low, talk slow and don't talk too much" - John Wayne

matap

• Board
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2013, 08:30:17 AM »

Oh, and I agree on getting a date out quick.  This will/should give ample time to make arrangements.

Gumbo

• Board
  • Elvis
  • 06 1800R
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2013, 09:19:10 AM »

Bandera is a good place.  Kerrville would be another place I would suggest as those who want to get a hotel the rates are usually way cheaper.  In terms of a campground I'm sure some scoping out would be in order and I wouldn't mind just riding out there one weekend and checking out any and all parks/camps/RV locations.  It seems to be a good area in terms of getting there fast since it's close to the highway and just a bit closer to all the roads we normally do.  

I agree with Snake, that with limited funds and the lower turn outs over the years making it a Meet & Greet style Rally would be good and beneficial to the forum, in terms of picking up funds again without having all the cost of a rally like prior years.

Also, with shirts, pins and the such indicating BBT XI, if so are desired it would be better to gauge interest at the event and those wanting it can pay in advance so that a specific order is made.  It would be beneficial to probably charge a small premium above the price to purchase and print so that we can generate some funds back in the account.  

These are just some ideas to help cope with the huge changes in this group. mainly participation.  

also another thought and let me be the Devil's advocate here...........with so many of us owning other bike models and/or brands, why not change the BBT from a "rally for VTX enthusiast" to a "rally for Riding enthusiast", since this is what it's really all about.  All razzing and joking aside of course.  

anyways, those are just my thoughts.  

I am good with come one come all as far as bikes go :thumbup: It's all about the ride. :thumbup:
I will be home in OCT 10 - 24 and it would be a fine time to go out and explore sites.  :bikerider:
« Last Edit: September 05, 2013, 09:21:54 AM by Gumbo »

Bobcat Biker

• Board
  • Master Tejano Rider
  • Let's ride...wherever...whenever
« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2013, 09:43:34 AM »

I'm up for Bandera...Coming from DFW, I  may have to trailer the bike behind the Jeep if wife comes along.  She is having some hip issues lately.  If wife doesn't come, I'm up for riding down.  Need the date first.  As far as bikes go...Riding is the most important thing, but I do like the VTX appeal.  I don't want it to become another Harley event...no offense intended.
06 VTX 1300R  (sold 10/18/14)
07 VTX 1800R (sold 2/21)
21 Goldwing DCT "Elsa"

Texan... Born and Raised..

matap

• Board
« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2013, 09:55:45 AM »

None taken, but I'm not even talking about Harley's.  I'm talking about other members that have been on here with VTX's and moved on to other makes and models besides Harley's.  Yamahas, Suzuki's, Victory's, etc.  I too like the appeal of the VTX, and history has proven that this forum is more about riding/wrenching  and less about the bike.  I highly doubt this place would turn into the stereotypical Harley scene.  I'm on a forum for Road Glides and you'd be suprised at how little weewee measuring there is that goes on like other forums,and the reason why is the quality of people and interest in riding and wrenching again which is what we have here....good quality people.  We just need more quality members/riders.

Anyways, aside from make/model/color of bike.  Let's make this BBT XI happen.   

Bobcat Biker

• Board
  • Master Tejano Rider
« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2013, 02:25:25 PM »

I'm with you Paul....Looking forward to it.
07 VTX 1800R (sold 2/21)
21 Goldwing DCT "Elsa"

Bobcat Biker

• Board
  • Master Tejano Rider
« Reply #13 on: September 05, 2013, 02:43:53 PM »

speaking of turning wrenches..
Isolated an electrical issue with how the previous owner wired those aftermarket lights, replaced starter switch, put on some risers, and added some more chrome.
I will send pics of finished project later.
07 VTX 1800R (sold 2/21)
21 Goldwing DCT "Elsa"

Gumbo

• Board
  • Elvis
  • 06 1800R
« Reply #14 on: September 05, 2013, 02:51:04 PM »

Thinking about hosting a tech session when it cools off, maybe cook a pig :lunch: :lunch:
Maybe in October  ???
Anyone interested ???
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal