Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: ROT Rally 2013  (Read 7115 times)

jmdaniel

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • My other toy, '77 FJ40...
Re: ROT Rally 2013
« Reply #15 on: June 06, 2013, 06:58:36 AM »

I'll be downtown on Friday, but the bike stays in the garage on ROT weekend. Too many knuckleheads in town.
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."
-- Unknown

2016 Honda F6B Deluxe
2007 Yamaha FJR1300A
2003 Honda VTX 1300

Drewboy22

• Master Tejano Rider
  • San Antonio, Texas
« Reply #16 on: June 06, 2013, 10:04:16 AM »

So are we on for Thursday 1400? I will be getting to the fair grounds about 0730-0800.  PM me for my number if yall want to call and meet up.

Also, Other than the hill country, are there any good rides out of Austin (Maybe to the east) that may result in some BBQ or something.  Every year we ride to Albert, Luckenbach, Kerville...  I was hoping to hit some new roads this year.  Any Ideas?

Drew
Ride it like you Borrowed it :)

jmdaniel

• Texas X Rider OverLord
« Reply #17 on: June 06, 2013, 10:16:51 AM »

Take 1431 over to Marble Falls, stay on it up to where it hits 29, take a left and go into Llano, where you will find Cooper's. bring your appetite and checkbook. Or, you can also take 281 north out of Marble Falls, and a few miles out of town, take Park Road 4, which will be on your left. Nice little ride, and will shoot you out on 29, where you'll take a left and go to Llano.

When you're done stuffing your face, take 16 south out of Llano. That will take you into Fredericksburg, or if you're feeling like a hike after lunch, you can swing by Enchanted Rock. Nice view from the top, but be prepared to sweat this time of year.

And of course, because this is ROT, be prepared for a lot of traffic.
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."
-- Unknown

2016 Honda F6B Deluxe
2007 Yamaha FJR1300A
2003 Honda VTX 1300

Drewboy22

• Master Tejano Rider
  • San Antonio, Texas
« Reply #18 on: June 06, 2013, 02:09:32 PM »

Take 1431 over to Marble Falls, stay on it up to where it hits 29, take a left and go into Llano, where you will find Cooper's. bring your appetite and checkbook. Or, you can also take 281 north out of Marble Falls, and a few miles out of town, take Park Road 4, which will be on your left. Nice little ride, and will shoot you out on 29, where you'll take a left and go to Llano.

When you're done stuffing your face, take 16 south out of Llano. That will take you into Fredericksburg, or if you're feeling like a hike after lunch, you can swing by Enchanted Rock. Nice view from the top, but be prepared to sweat this time of year.

And of course, because this is ROT, be prepared for a lot of traffic.

Next time you go to Llano check out the burger barn.  They have a Chicken fried burger that is awesome!!  Park road 4 is one of my favorites.  I go to Inks lake 3 or 4 times a year!  I will have to check out Coopers though, I have never been there.

Niterider

• Master Tejano Rider
  • Houston, TX
« Reply #19 on: June 06, 2013, 03:41:50 PM »

East of Austin, Elgin has a number of BBQ places. The one I most prefer is Crosstown Bar-B-Que, located in town, one block west of S. Main St., between W. Brenham St. and W. Austin St.  The addess is: 202 S Ave C, Elgin, TX 78621, and their phone number is (512) 281-5594.

I've also heard good things about the City Meat Market & BBQ in Giddings, but I've never tried it.  They have a web site at http://citymeatmarket.biz/.

The country side between Austin and either Elgin or Giddings is pretty, so any route you take will offer some nice scenery, but I'm unaware of any route you might take that will provide some nice twisties.  Unless someone else knows otherwise, I suspect that any way you choose to go will be pleasant but will have to be traveled for the good food at the end rather than for the challenge (if that's what you're also looking for).

Ride Safe and Enjoy,

Mike
White '08 GL1800 with ABS, Nav, Premium Stereo, Comfort Package
Black '03 1800C;  retro bars, RIVCO risers, BBP lightbar, mustang seat, Paladin backrest/luggage rack, etc.
White '06 GL1800 with Nav, Premium Stereo, Comfort Package

jmdaniel

• Texas X Rider OverLord
« Reply #20 on: June 06, 2013, 09:15:31 PM »

Next time you go to Llano check out the burger barn.  They have a Chicken fried burger that is awesome!!  Park road 4 is one of my favorites.  I go to Inks lake 3 or 4 times a year!  I will have to check out Coopers though, I have never been there.

If I'm in Llano, it's not to eat a hamburger.
-- Unknown

2016 Honda F6B Deluxe
2007 Yamaha FJR1300A
2003 Honda VTX 1300

dclark31

• Old Timer
  • Schertz
« Reply #21 on: June 07, 2013, 04:15:03 PM »

Sounds like a meetup plan to me!  I will be in Austin anyway since my son will be at UT Football Camp starting the 12th.

See you all there.

Dana "Dutch" Clark - Semper Fi

Chad

• Board
  • Elvis
  • M G, TX.
« Reply #22 on: June 07, 2013, 04:15:31 PM »

Next time you go to Llano check out the burger barn.  They have a Chicken fried burger that is awesome!!  Park road 4 is one of my favorites.  I go to Inks lake 3 or 4 times a year!  I will have to check out Coopers though, I have never been there.

If I'm in Llano, it's not to eat a hamburger.

(Chicken fried burger )
Not Hamburger!  :stickpoke: :stickpoke:

That better Mr. Daniel?  :stickpoke:
« Last Edit: June 08, 2013, 05:51:24 PM by VTXChad »
Member since 2004
RIP Torque Dec.18,1975-Apr.29,2009

jmdaniel

• Texas X Rider OverLord
« Reply #23 on: June 08, 2013, 06:24:38 AM »

(Chicken fried burger )
Not Hamburber!  :stickpoke: :stickpoke:

What's a hamburber?  :stickpoke: O0
-- Unknown

2016 Honda F6B Deluxe
2007 Yamaha FJR1300A
2003 Honda VTX 1300

SilverStreak

• Tejano
  • Round Rock
    • Hot Rod Coffee Trailer
« Reply #24 on: June 10, 2013, 02:17:16 PM »

I guess it is about time I chime in. I'm Ken of Hot Rod Coffee Trailer. Yes we have hot dogs, but not just any little hot dog. Here size matters!! All ours are Nathan's 1/4 lb all beef hot dogs. Besides the usual traditionals like sauerkraut & onions and chili & cheese, we sell a lot of our unique specials and plenty of them to choose from. All originals. Popular selling dogs are the Mango Madness and the Blue Cheese Slaw Dog or our Frito Dog plus the Dragon Dog. You might be interested in what they are now. Visit us on Facebook to see lots of pics of our stuff, or our website..
http://www.hotrodcoffeetrailer.com
For Facebook just go to Hot Rod Coffee Trailer, "like" the page while you are there

Now besides awesome hot dogs we've got a full espresso bar for iced or hot lattes or mochas, hot coffee, a delicious cold brewed coffee for your caffeine without the acidity, so it is easy on the stomach. Bottomless iced tea is half off with any hot dog. Everyday we have tasty breakfast sandwiches also. Muffins and croissants are delivered here from a local bakery. We also have bagels locally from here in Austin that are blessed from Brooklyn, NY.

As I was telling Drew in a message, try and call me (512-516-3113) before ya'll leave with an estimate of how many are going to show so I can make sure we have enough dogs already on the grill if you can. Otherwise I'll see ya'll when you get here.

Btw, we are at 6546 Burnet Rd, Austin 78757 in front of a car audio place as Xcalibur said. Let me know what else you need to know about us.
"Are you guys ready? Let's Roll!!"
Todd Beamer
United Airlines  Flt. 93

xcaliber

• Board
  • Elvis
« Reply #25 on: June 10, 2013, 04:51:58 PM »

Y'all go by and support a fellow Xrider. Like I saisd good guy, good dogs. I usually go by whenever I'm working in Austin.
It's all just part of the adventure!

Drewboy22

• Master Tejano Rider
  • San Antonio, Texas
« Reply #26 on: June 10, 2013, 06:08:36 PM »

Me + 1!!! see you there

larry_357

• Texas X Rider OverLord
« Reply #27 on: June 10, 2013, 06:14:03 PM »

Had plans to try and make it but out for now have to wait for next year.
Alvin,Texas

dclark31

• Old Timer
  • Schertz
« Reply #28 on: June 11, 2013, 02:48:18 PM »

Will see you there, probably multiple times this week since I will be up there Wed afternoon through Saturday morning as my son is attending Longhorn Football Camp.

Dutch

I guess it is about time I chime in. I'm Ken of Hot Rod Coffee Trailer. Yes we have hot dogs, but not just any little hot dog. Here size matters!! All ours are Nathan's 1/4 lb all beef hot dogs. Besides the usual traditionals like sauerkraut & onions and chili & cheese, we sell a lot of our unique specials and plenty of them to choose from. All originals. Popular selling dogs are the Mango Madness and the Blue Cheese Slaw Dog or our Frito Dog plus the Dragon Dog. You might be interested in what they are now. Visit us on Facebook to see lots of pics of our stuff, or our website..
For Facebook just go to Hot Rod Coffee Trailer, "like" the page while you are there

Now besides awesome hot dogs we've got a full espresso bar for iced or hot lattes or mochas, hot coffee, a delicious cold brewed coffee for your caffeine without the acidity, so it is easy on the stomach. Bottomless iced tea is half off with any hot dog. Everyday we have tasty breakfast sandwiches also. Muffins and croissants are delivered here from a local bakery. We also have bagels locally from here in Austin that are blessed from Brooklyn, NY.

As I was telling Drew in a message, try and call me (512-516-3113) before ya'll leave with an estimate of how many are going to show so I can make sure we have enough dogs already on the grill if you can. Otherwise I'll see ya'll when you get here.

Btw, we are at 6546 Burnet Rd, Austin 78757 in front of a car audio place as Xcalibur said. Let me know what else you need to know about us.

Dana "Dutch" Clark - Semper Fi

SilverStreak

• Tejano
  • Round Rock
    • Hot Rod Coffee Trailer
« Reply #29 on: June 11, 2013, 05:49:21 PM »

Good to hear Dutch. Sounds like a great opportunity for your son!!
Remember our hours are 7 am to 4 pm Mon thru Sat.

Will see you there, probably multiple times this week since I will be up there Wed afternoon through Saturday morning as my son is attending Longhorn Football Camp.

Dutch

"Are you guys ready? Let's Roll!!"
Todd Beamer
United Airlines  Flt. 93
Pages: 1 [2] 3

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal