Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Finally...  (Read 4283 times)

Lucky

• Board
  • Elvis
  • Canyon Lake, TX
    • Facebook
Re: Finally...
« Reply #15 on: June 25, 2012, 06:45:11 PM »

Ok, ok, so you are hurt...the important question is HOW IS THE BIKE?? ?? ?? ??

Just kidding...that sucks that you hurt yourself like that...take care of it so you can get back to riding soon
"Lucky" Connie
'06 Pearl Dark Blue 1300C
If you don't love what you're doing, then don't do it.
Your chances of success are directly proportional to the degree of pleasure you derive from what you do.

VTXER

• Rider
« Reply #16 on: June 25, 2012, 06:50:13 PM »

I'm sorry to hear this! Sounds like you'll be down for awhile so, Gumbo offered to take it around and that sounds like a good plan to us!   :cool2: :cool2:  :c

:cuss: I'm guessing this is your reply?

cybrhick

• Master Tejano Rider
  • The outcast
    • Hick Custom Machine Works
« Reply #17 on: June 25, 2012, 06:51:58 PM »

Just kidding...that sucks that you hurt yourself like that...take care of it so you can get back to riding soon

I did save the bike. Shifted my weight to the left foot when the muscle popped, cause there was NO WAY I was gonna let her fall after all that work I put into her.
I really thought I was gonna get by with just "babying it" for a few weeks. Looks like I was being optimistic at best.
Displaced Texan.

cybrhick

• Master Tejano Rider
  • The outcast
« Reply #18 on: June 25, 2012, 06:53:56 PM »

Gumbo is more than welcome to come on over. I'm just chillin' in the recliner hopped up on pain meds with my Mosin Nagant by my side.  :stickpoke:
Displaced Texan.

VTXER

• Rider
« Reply #19 on: June 25, 2012, 08:24:01 PM »

Gumbo can come over and see how your doing but as far as your bike leaving, well something like "if you can out run my Glock".   :simmadown:

Gumbo

• Board
  • Elvis
  • 06 1800R
« Reply #20 on: June 26, 2012, 09:03:03 AM »

I did save the bike. Shifted my weight to the left foot when the muscle popped, cause there was NO WAY I was gonna let her fall after all that work I put into her.
I really thought I was gonna get by with just "babying it" for a few weeks. Looks like I was being optimistic at best.

Bummer Steve, hate to hear this news, I guess it is my duty to take your bike around to show everyone now, I wouldn't do it for anyone else  ;D ;D
Get better soon so we can see it in person  :thumbup: :thumbup:
\"The moment you taste it, something wet and dark leaps on you and starts humping you like a swamp dog in heat, and the only way to get it off you is to eat it off, It\'s Gumbo!! If you don\'t eat it then the mystery beast will go right on humping you.

cybrhick

• Master Tejano Rider
  • The outcast
« Reply #21 on: June 26, 2012, 09:19:45 AM »

Bummer Steve, hate to hear this news, I guess it is my duty to take your bike around to show everyone now, I wouldn't do it for anyone else  ;D ;D
Get better soon so we can see it in person  :thumbup: :thumbup:
I would tell ya come on over, but I don't think you could reach the pegs.
Displaced Texan.

Isorg

• Administrator
  • Texas X Rider OverLord
  • 2007 1300c, 2002 Yamaha fz1
    • Izzy's Mind
« Reply #22 on: June 26, 2012, 10:01:20 AM »

2007 1300c VTX
2002 Yamaha FZ1
2007 FJR1300

Gumbo

• Board
  • Elvis
  • 06 1800R
« Reply #23 on: June 26, 2012, 10:37:59 AM »

I just wanna ride.

Always thought you had a dark side -- now it comes out  ;D
\"The moment you taste it, something wet and dark leaps on you and starts humping you like a swamp dog in heat, and the only way to get it off you is to eat it off, It\'s Gumbo!! If you don\'t eat it then the mystery beast will go right on humping you.

wwaggett

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Clear Lake, Texas Always busy doing nothing at all
« Reply #24 on: June 26, 2012, 10:44:19 AM »

Bike looks awesome. I would love to come over and give it a workout while you are laid up.

Gumbo

• Board
  • Elvis
  • 06 1800R
« Reply #25 on: June 26, 2012, 11:14:16 AM »

Bike looks awesome. I would love to come over and give it a workout while you are laid up.

Get in line there WWAGGETT  :stickpoke: :stickpoke:

wwaggett

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Clear Lake, Texas Always busy doing nothing at all
« Reply #26 on: June 26, 2012, 12:00:46 PM »

I know I can reach the pegs!!!!

larry_357

• Texas X Rider OverLord
« Reply #27 on: June 26, 2012, 02:35:04 PM »

Well Hick look like Memphis is out for the weekend? I did not think it was going to be that bad but guess it is  better than breaking any bones.
Alvin,Texas

Rod 1942

• Old Timer
« Reply #28 on: June 27, 2012, 07:27:56 AM »

Sorry to hear about the pain, but the bike looks great. Would like to see it in person. I am still planning to give you a call to do the upgrades we talked about. See you soon.

cybrhick

• Master Tejano Rider
  • The outcast
« Reply #29 on: June 27, 2012, 08:09:09 PM »

Still waiting for an MRI, but the ortho says he believes I tore it where the muscle connects to the tendon. He believes enough of the muscle is attached that it will heal without surgery, but we are waiting to get the MRI to confirm that. As long as I can control the swelling, I should be able to work.

Thanks for the well wishes folks. I suppose I'm overdue for an injury, so it was about time. Just wish I could have gotten a couple thousand miles on the new build before pulling a stupid.
Displaced Texan.
Pages: 1 [2] 3

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal