Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Do you have to buy a kit  (Read 2148 times)

Gumbo

• Board
  • Elvis
  • 06 1800R
Do you have to buy a kit
« on: March 17, 2012, 05:31:10 PM »

I have been looking for a 210 jet and every where I look you have to buy a kit, heck I don't want no stinking kit, I just want a 210.
Is this possible or do I have go and buy a kit ??? ???
\"The moment you taste it, something wet and dark leaps on you and starts humping you like a swamp dog in heat, and the only way to get it off you is to eat it off, It\'s Gumbo!! If you don\'t eat it then the mystery beast will go right on humping you.

alejandro1800vtx

• Master Tejano Rider
Re: Do you have to buy a kit
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2012, 05:38:40 PM »

what brand of carbs the 1300 have on it? is bunch of 210 main jets on ebay, just look for the right one.
just take it slow

jeremy1275

• Tejano
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2012, 06:28:20 PM »

You can get them at the dealer. About $13 a piece and a 210 is the biggest one they sell. At least at this one. If u know the mechanic he may just give u one.
'06 vtx 1300r

Gumbo

• Board
  • Elvis
  • 06 1800R
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2012, 07:03:33 PM »

You can get them at the dealer. About $13 a piece and a 210 is the biggest one they sell. At least at this one. If u know the mechanic he may just give u one.

I tried a couple of dealers, but ebay might be the ticket, I'll go and take a look.

Thanks
\"The moment you taste it, something wet and dark leaps on you and starts humping you like a swamp dog in heat, and the only way to get it off you is to eat it off, It\'s Gumbo!! If you don\'t eat it then the mystery beast will go right on humping you.

larry_357

• Texas X Rider OverLord
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2012, 10:36:15 PM »

Try Bike Bandit www.bikebandit.com
Alvin,Texas

RedDragon

• Master of Monumental Proportions
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2012, 10:39:06 PM »

No you don't have to buy a kit!  :snapoutofit:

2005 VTX 1800C Red Tribal Flame
2005 Yamaha FZ1 Silver

VTX-Dan

• Old Timer
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2012, 08:37:16 AM »

No you don't have to buy a kit!  :snapoutofit:

Correct, although the single jets may be tough to find.

I tried a couple of dealers, but ebay might be the ticket, I'll go and take a look.
What you should be looking for are Keihin (pronounced kayheen) jets.
The main jets are series 393.
The slow jets are series 21.

For reference, the stock jets are 55 on the slow jet and 195 on the main jet.
Your mileage may vary, but with a decapped air box (with K&N filter) and aftermarket pipes, you probably don't need anything bigger than 58 slow and 215 main.

Factory Pro sells individual jets, and lots of folks use FP jets as upgrades.  Their website isn't great, but here is a link:
http://www.factorypro.com/
Somewhere on their site, they list their distributors.  You might have better luck ordering single jets from a distributor.

From my research, most folks with your setup are running 58 idle jet, 210 or 215 main jet, needle clip set on the 4th position (from the blunt end), and the A/F screw set at 1.75 to 2 turns out.
You already have an aftermarket needle, and if I remember correctly, we set your clip on the 4th position with one shim.  With larger jets, you may not need the shim.

That being said, some folks (MR VTX included) have had good luck with Dynojet replacement jets.
I don't have much info on the DJ jets, but I know the sizes are marked differently.  Perhaps Jason can help out with the DJ recommendations.

« Last Edit: March 18, 2012, 08:39:15 AM by VTX-Dan »
2005 VTX 1300C

johnnycheese

• Old Timer
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2012, 06:32:30 PM »

remember a 210 dynojet main is NOT the same size as a OEM main
the dyno jet are sized in mm the Oem are sized in flow
Johnnycheese tuning center
512-767-4273
Builder and tuner of the fastest NA bike in Texas

Gumbo

• Board
  • Elvis
  • 06 1800R
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2012, 08:18:15 PM »

remember a 210 dynojet main is NOT the same size as a OEM main
the dyno jet are sized in mm the Oem are sized in flow

Yeah, thanks, I've been looking at conversion charts.  :thumbup:
I have a 200 in now and it is OK, but OK isn't good enough, gonna get er done this week and install at the Spring Thing.  :bikerider:

RedDragon

• Master of Monumental Proportions

2005 VTX 1800C Red Tribal Flame
2005 Yamaha FZ1 Silver

Gumbo

• Board
  • Elvis
  • 06 1800R
« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2012, 08:41:44 PM »

U da man, cost more to ship than the jet cost, but it's done.  :thumbup: :thumbup:

DEMON

« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2012, 07:43:50 AM »

you can always get an 1800 and not worry about what yet it came with....    :bikerider:     :stickpoke:

Gumbo

• Board
  • Elvis
  • 06 1800R
« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2012, 01:06:09 PM »

you can always get an 1800 and not worry about what yet it came with....    :bikerider:     :stickpoke:

I found the proper yet  ::) ::)
When you going to get that bag of bones running ??? ???

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal