Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Bluebonnet Thunder Rally 2012  (Read 10322 times)

VTXLady53

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • New Caney,TX <>< Member since 2004
    • Marigold's Basic Webs
Re: Bluebonnet Thunder Rally 2012
« Reply #30 on: January 25, 2012, 07:24:48 PM »

Looking Good
Life is too short for drama or petty things, so laugh hard, love truly and forgive quickly. Live While You Are Alive. Forgive now those who made you cry. You might not get a second time.

Stonesavage

• Tejano
  • '04 1300s. Kerrville, Texas.
« Reply #31 on: February 27, 2012, 07:59:25 PM »

What are the BBT dates for this year?

Stonesavage

• Tejano
  • '04 1300s. Kerrville, Texas.
« Reply #32 on: February 27, 2012, 08:02:28 PM »

Oops.... Never mind, found it.

matap

• Board
  • Master of Monumental Proportions
  • "Just put that hammer down and give it hell" -J.R.
« Reply #33 on: February 28, 2012, 09:01:48 AM »

I'm soooooo ready for BBT this year. 
"Talk low, talk slow and don't talk too much" - John Wayne

raderrods

• Trailer Queen
« Reply #34 on: March 02, 2012, 07:06:24 AM »

Hello all! As in the past I will be offering a special rate for all who will be attending the "Thunder Rally 2012". I think I have held the rates to $69.50 in the past, this year I can do one better and go with $62.55, single or double rooms. You must call us direct and advise the desk clerk you are attending the rally for that rate. We still have air, rags, pressure washer and tools if needed. Even if you camp out the previous mentioned stuff as well as our pool and BBQ grill is avail for your use. We do fill up quick on weekends so book well in advance.

"Lets ride!"

Thanks
RaderRods
Craig
GM Super 8
04 Neo

For info:

Super 8 fredericksburg
514 E Main
Fredericksburg, Tx
877-776-7283

2004 VTX 1800N, Accutronics forwards, Hondaline lightbar, Kury grips, throttle boss, control levers, helmet lock, Cobra tach, Mustang seat, Thunder Hypercharger, PC III, Vance & Hines, Corbin beetle bags, Batwing, Full stereo.

matap

• Board
  • "Just put that hammer down and give it hell" -J.R.
« Reply #35 on: March 02, 2012, 08:54:18 AM »

Hello all! As in the past I will be offering a special rate for all who will be attending the "Thunder Rally 2012". I think I have held the rates to $69.50 in the past, this year I can do one better and go with $62.55, single or double rooms. You must call us direct and advise the desk clerk you are attending the rally for that rate. We still have air, rags, pressure washer and tools if needed. Even if you camp out the previous mentioned stuff as well as our pool and BBQ grill is avail for your use. We do fill up quick on weekends so book well in advance.

"Lets ride!"

Thanks
RaderRods
Craig
GM Super 8
04 Neo

For info:

Super 8 fredericksburg
514 E Main
Fredericksburg, Tx
877-776-7283

What a deal for those getting a hotel and thanks for extending the use of your pool, tools & washer. 

"Talk low, talk slow and don't talk too much" - John Wayne

snake

• What a ride it's been!
« Reply #36 on: March 07, 2012, 01:23:23 PM »

Hello all! As in the past I will be offering a special rate for all who will be attending the "Thunder Rally 2012". I think I have held the rates to $69.50 in the past, this year I can do one better and go with $62.55, single or double rooms.

Just called and talked to Chris at the motel, he says they don't have the 62.55 rooms, the best they have is 79 bucks for kings. FYI
:ohwow: signed: A reality-challenged left wingnut!
     420! Yeah, baby!

snake

• What a ride it's been!
« Reply #37 on: March 07, 2012, 01:31:11 PM »

Is paperpeddler doing the shirts for this?
     420! Yeah, baby!

Chad

• Board
  • Elvis
  • M G, TX.
« Reply #38 on: March 07, 2012, 04:38:02 PM »

Is paperpeddler doing the shirts for this?
Snake they are using someone else to do them. Not for sure who but someone that
made the best deal for the shirts.
Member since 2004
RIP Torque Dec.18,1975-Apr.29,2009

beaux43

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • "Punxher"
« Reply #39 on: March 08, 2012, 12:40:36 AM »

I remembered someone saying that 'paperpeddler' used to do the shirts for BBT. 

:redcard:   So, a couple of weeks back, I sent him a personal email from my work address about the shirts with the current pricing bid that we have received. I also included the style/color shirt requested for the price that was bid. 

I also sent him a PM via our website to see if he received my email from my work.  However, I never heard a word back from 'paperpeddler' concerning my email or my PM.  I assume he is choosing to not put-in a bid to do the shirts this year.  If he decides to change his mind we have a few days to make a change!!!   :bikerider

'03 1800R
'08 GL1800 GoldWing

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally wornout, shouting..."What a Ride!"

snake

• What a ride it's been!
« Reply #40 on: March 18, 2012, 12:30:46 AM »

Not sure who is doing them, but Paperpeddler is one of our original members, and we used to have him do them because they were decently priced good shirts and many would rather have a member get the few bucks extra rather than go out of family. Things change I guess. I have about 20 shirts paperpeddler made from 2004-2008, red orange gray black white, long and short sleeve. Most BBT shirts, a few not. My BBt shirts from 2008 he even put my name(snake) on the front. Earl is a good guy that you will have a hard time keeping up with if he's leading the group. He loves ridin'...

SSSSsssssnake
He also  got our patches for the txXriders made too.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2012, 12:37:07 AM by snake »
     420! Yeah, baby!

beaux43

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • "Punxher"
« Reply #41 on: March 18, 2012, 01:33:38 AM »

I know that Earl is a good guy and a long time member. 
However, as to what vendor that is chosen to do the shirts only matters as to...can the vendor chosen deliver the items on time for the date requested, at the lowest price and with the screen/artwork & on the shirt color, style requested.  I do hear ya' on the few bucks, but when those few bucks add up to roughly an extra $225 for let's say...75 shirts, then we as a group need to use another vendor to keep costs down.   A decent price is not good enough in today's market.  When we go to purchase an item we always look for the lowest price if the item is comparable to a similiar item that we want.  I see our members all the time look for the best deal on tires and other items.  Well, we should do the same as a group.
I have been using the same vendor out of Waco for 14 years to print/screen my high school athletic equipment.  However, he could not match a competitior's price for the exact same shirt & bag with the same screen.  So...since I only have "X" amount of dollars to spend, and I don't have to order a specific number of units, I had to change vendors for certain items.  This should be the same for our group...last year a number of items were donated by current members to help keep the cost down for 'BBT'.  Many are not aware of this, most only know that they pay their money, show-up and all is good.  However, if it were not for this donation by a few members, the dollars available for this years event would be a little less. 
As far as things changing, they sometimes do and sometimes it is with a heavy heart, because of wanting to be loyal to our fellow members.  However, times have drastically changed for many of us, including our group.  So, as a group we must always look to save what we can to keep the cost down for our members.   I hope this assures our group, that we are only trying to save & help our organization be liquid for future events.  None of this is meant to step on anyones toes, to offend anyone or exclude anyone.  It is only meant to be informative response from me.
-beaux43   
'03 1800R
'08 GL1800 GoldWing

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally wornout, shouting..."What a Ride!"

Lucky

• Board
  • Elvis
  • Canyon Lake, TX
    • Facebook
« Reply #42 on: March 18, 2012, 07:19:13 AM »

Very nicely put Bobby.
"Lucky" Connie
'06 Pearl Dark Blue 1300C
If you don't love what you're doing, then don't do it.
Your chances of success are directly proportional to the degree of pleasure you derive from what you do.

snake

• What a ride it's been!
« Reply #43 on: March 18, 2012, 09:33:24 AM »

So, what are they going to look like? Got a pic? So I'll know whether to order one or not?
« Last Edit: March 18, 2012, 09:35:00 AM by snake »
     420! Yeah, baby!

beaux43

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • "Punxher"
« Reply #44 on: March 18, 2012, 09:29:42 PM »

'03 1800R
'08 GL1800 GoldWing

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal