Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Bluebonnet Thunder Rally 2012  (Read 10279 times)

hobo

• Board
  • Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Cedar Creek Lake
    • westcherry.com
Bluebonnet Thunder Rally 2012
« on: December 24, 2011, 05:15:19 AM »

It's time to get started planning, ...so take a look at this
« Last Edit: December 26, 2011, 12:40:37 PM by hobo »
My 2003 1800C lives at the shores of Cedar Creek Lake in Mabank, Texas
Don't make me get nekkid!... Smell The Bumper... I got my cookies!

xcaliber

• Board
  • Elvis
Re: Bluebonnet Thunder Rally 2012
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2011, 06:28:41 AM »

coupla points, I would change lodging to " camping and RV spots available, check with the park registration and plenty of hotels in near by Fredrickberg."  also , i would say the $35 covers all 3 days. or something to that effect. Make it sound a little friendlier.  If we could get one of you good wrenchers to host a TECH session, maybe on valve adjustment it might attract some new blood. $35 to learn how to save over $200 might sound like a good deal to newbies. Get this flyer done early and I will be glad to put it in all of the shops I can as I travel alot.
It's all just part of the adventure!

RedDragon

• Master of Monumental Proportions
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2011, 07:53:45 AM »

coupla points, I would change lodging to " camping and RV spots available, check with the park registration and plenty of hotels in near by Fredrickberg."  also , i would say the $35 covers all 3 days. or something to that effect. Make it sound a little friendlier.  If we could get one of you good wrenchers to host a TECH session, maybe on valve adjustment it might attract some new blood. $35 to learn how to save over $200 might sound like a good deal to newbies. Get this flyer done early and I will be glad to put it in all of the shops I can as I travel alot.

You know how to do a valve adjustment!  :t

2005 VTX 1800C Red Tribal Flame
2005 Yamaha FZ1 Silver

hobo

• Board
  • Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Cedar Creek Lake
    • westcherry.com
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2011, 10:10:08 AM »

Thanks. That's a good idea. The flyer has been changed and as soon as someone volunteers for a tech session I'll add it to the flyer.
My 2003 1800C lives at the shores of Cedar Creek Lake in Mabank, Texas
Don't make me get nekkid!... Smell The Bumper... I got my cookies!

Gumbo

• Board
  • Elvis
  • 06 1800R
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2011, 11:34:10 AM »

Sure hope I can make it this year, I hated missing it last year ???
I will be paying a fee either way  :thumbup:
\"The moment you taste it, something wet and dark leaps on you and starts humping you like a swamp dog in heat, and the only way to get it off you is to eat it off, It\'s Gumbo!! If you don\'t eat it then the mystery beast will go right on humping you.

xcaliber

• Board
  • Elvis
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2011, 03:06:43 PM »

Sure hope I can make it this year, I hated missing it last year ???
I will be paying a fee either way  :thumbup:

Hope you make it too, Buddy, t'wert the same wit outcha,

VTXLady53

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • New Caney,TX <>< Member since 2004
    • Marigold's Basic Webs
« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2011, 05:15:58 PM »

Looking Good.............
Life is too short for drama or petty things, so laugh hard, love truly and forgive quickly. Live While You Are Alive. Forgive now those who made you cry. You might not get a second time.

xcaliber

• Board
  • Elvis
« Reply #7 on: December 25, 2011, 08:31:39 AM »

Ÿ Everyone attending the Rally is required to pay a registration fee regardless of number of days attending.

not to friendly                               

Change this to something like."The registration fee covers all three days and all scheduled events. Sorry, no day passes as the income from this event funds the Texas X rider website. Thank you for your participation.  Join us on our free website at www.texasxriders.com"

What y'all think?

Gumbo

• Board
  • Elvis
  • 06 1800R
« Reply #8 on: December 25, 2011, 09:05:40 AM »

Ÿ Everyone attending the Rally is required to pay a registration fee regardless of number of days attending.

not to friendly                               

Change this to something like."The registration fee covers all three days and all scheduled events. Sorry, no day passes as the income from this event funds the Texas X rider website. Thank you for your participation.  Join us on our free website at www.texasxriders.com"

What y'all think?

:good: I like it.
\"The moment you taste it, something wet and dark leaps on you and starts humping you like a swamp dog in heat, and the only way to get it off you is to eat it off, It\'s Gumbo!! If you don\'t eat it then the mystery beast will go right on humping you.

Lucky

• Board
  • Elvis
  • Canyon Lake, TX
    • Facebook
« Reply #9 on: December 25, 2011, 02:35:42 PM »

Hey Gary, you sure are a smooth talker....do you write speeches for the politicians??  Based on the way you write I would believe in your Hope and Change.  :t  :t :c

Seriously, what you wrote up does sound very nice and easy on the wallet.
"Lucky" Connie
'06 Pearl Dark Blue 1300C
If you don't love what you're doing, then don't do it.
Your chances of success are directly proportional to the degree of pleasure you derive from what you do.

VTreX

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Rubythroatedhumming VT-reX Temple TX
    • http://www.patriotguard.org/photos/listpics.asp?a=show&ID=395
« Reply #10 on: December 25, 2011, 02:37:16 PM »

:redcard:  donations pay for the web site !!!    Registration fees pays for the next BBT.   Spring Thing pays for next years Spring Thing or each event will be stoped.   They must pay for them selves.
03-C U-green It is neither those in the round nor the square that reach the top, but those in the spiral.... Now have added a red ''07 Gold Wing with everything except an AIRBAG!!  SOLD THE WING  SAD DAY!!

Gumbo

• Board
  • Elvis
  • 06 1800R
« Reply #11 on: December 25, 2011, 04:12:12 PM »

:redcard:  donations pay for the web site !!!    Registration fees pays for the next BBT.   Spring Thing pays for next years Spring Thing or each event will be stoped.   They must pay for them selves.

Valid question, trying to understand the red card, are you saying that if one pays a registration fee and does not attend (this can be tracked) that the extra registration could not go to the web site fund ???
If this is the case couldn't the no show registration fee go directly into the support the web pot ???

VTreX

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Rubythroatedhumming VT-reX Temple TX
    • http://www.patriotguard.org/photos/listpics.asp?a=show&ID=395
« Reply #12 on: December 25, 2011, 05:06:02 PM »

:ohwow:   On the top of the General message board is a thread Donations.   That is to donate to the web site fund.   You can and should Donate and pay part of the Spring Thing along with Regestration for
BBT to get a shirt and pin as much as you POST!!!   Get it??????   Merry Merry and Happy Happy !!!!
03-C U-green It is neither those in the round nor the square that reach the top, but those in the spiral.... Now have added a red ''07 Gold Wing with everything except an AIRBAG!!  SOLD THE WING  SAD DAY!!

xcaliber

• Board
  • Elvis
« Reply #13 on: December 25, 2011, 06:21:41 PM »

Note Kenny, my post said :" change it to something like this"  I did not say to write it verbatim. My suggestion was to make it friendlier to get someone to come that might only be able to make it for a day and feel like it was worth it. Us oldtimers know the score but if we are making a flyer to pass out in an attempt to attract newbies and get help paying for these events, I would think we would want to sound as friendly as possible. I only made a suggestion. I look forward to reading yours. 

Gumbo

• Board
  • Elvis
  • 06 1800R
« Reply #14 on: December 25, 2011, 07:01:24 PM »

:ohwow:   On the top of the General message board is a thread Donations.   That is to donate to the web site fund.   You can and should Donate and pay part of the Spring Thing along with Regestration for
BBT to get a shirt and pin as much as you POST!!!   Get it??????   Merry Merry and Happy Happy !!!!

That does not answer my question -- question is can't a registration be used as support for the web ( I am prettys sure someone know's who registered and who did or did not show)
Did ya take your blood pressure meds today honey :-* :-*
 :simmadown: :simmadown:
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal