Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Fresh List of Meet and Greet Suggestions.  (Read 36392 times)

Tylerhedger

• Trailer Queen
Re: Fresh List of Meet and Greet Suggestions.
« Reply #30 on: April 02, 2013, 05:17:01 PM »

Bone daddy's is awesome. My girlfriends sister works there. +1 on that vote

Rocket67

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Legend In My Own Mind
« Reply #31 on: November 21, 2013, 03:40:35 PM »

Mak's Sports Bar on Louetta (North Harris County).  They have really good food and it's a bar.
-Scott
2019 FLHXS

Isorg

• Administrator
  • Texas X Rider OverLord
  • 2007 1300c, 2002 Yamaha fz1
    • Izzy's Mind
« Reply #32 on: December 16, 2013, 05:19:33 PM »

here is a list of the 10 best burger places in houston for 2013.

http://blogs.houstonpress.com/eating/2013/10/the_rest_of_the_best_top_ten_b.php?page=1

2007 1300c VTX
2002 Yamaha FZ1
2007 FJR1300

Luckys Lover

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • My other addiction
« Reply #33 on: December 16, 2013, 10:13:50 PM »

It's too bad that Little Bigs will probably be gone by the time we get back around to it. The "La Di Da" restaurants have taken up the parking area and the employees and security guards take up Little Bigs parking. Doesn't leave much for LB customers. I expect LB will succumb to the parking war.
If stupidity got us into this mess, why can stupidity get us out of it? Will Rogers
I don't care what other people think. They don't do it very often!
Of Course it's dirty. It's hard to clean when the tires keep moving.

sherri

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • The Woodlands
« Reply #34 on: December 17, 2013, 01:16:39 AM »

here is a list of the 10 best burger places in houston for 2013.

http://blogs.houstonpress.com/eating/2013/10/the_rest_of_the_best_top_ten_b.php?page=1

Awesome list I vote for all of them :thumbup:

If you ever see me with horns sticking out of my helmet
call an ambulance  .  .  .  .    I’ve hit a deer

Gumbo

• Board
  • Elvis
  • 06 1800R
« Reply #35 on: December 17, 2013, 06:41:22 AM »

Mak's Sports Bar on Louetta (North Harris County).  They have really good food and it's a bar.
:thumbup:
\"The moment you taste it, something wet and dark leaps on you and starts humping you like a swamp dog in heat, and the only way to get it off you is to eat it off, It\'s Gumbo!! If you don\'t eat it then the mystery beast will go right on humping you.

Rocket67

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Legend In My Own Mind
« Reply #36 on: May 06, 2014, 07:47:58 AM »

:thumbup:

To add, Wednesday at MaK's is $1 Taco night.  By Taco they mean Fajita with all the fixins.  Beef, Chicken, Shrimp or Chirizo and they are fantastic.  Nothing like 2 beers and dinner for $5. 
-Scott
2019 FLHXS

Rocket67

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Legend In My Own Mind
« Reply #37 on: May 13, 2014, 12:00:13 PM »

Beach Bums on FM2920 by Rhodes (I think) has $10 Steak Night on Wednesday and it's damn good.  It comes with a Salad, baked potato and 12oz T-bone for $10.  It's a bar and feels like a bar but the food is excellent. 

Concert Pub @ FM1960 and Kuykendahl is another one with food deals and usually not very crowded.  If they are the Boat is next door.  I had the $1 Hamburger there a few weeks ago.  Fries were $2...LOL.  Between the Burger, fries and $1 beer I spent under $10 and left feeling very thrifty.  The burger wasn't bad....but wasn't great.  They have other food which is much better but not $1.

These two and MaK's are the only places I have gone to on Wednesday on the bike.  I am sure that Wolfies is good but I heard the one on FM1960 has gone down hill a lot so probably will stick to the one in the Woodlands.  There is a biker bar on the feeder just south of Rayford Sawdust I need to check out, they had crawfish but don't know if they serve food regular.  It's a real dive, good atmosphere.  There is the place (can't remember the name) in Tomball just off the main road, outside seating and really good eats.  I have hit that on a Sunday afternoon before and it was really cool. 
-Scott
2019 FLHXS

Lucky

• Board
  • Elvis
  • Canyon Lake, TX
    • Facebook
« Reply #38 on: May 13, 2014, 01:41:34 PM »

Beach Bums on FM2920 by Rhodes (I think) has $10 Steak Night on Wednesday and it's damn good.  It comes with a Salad, baked potato and 12oz T-bone for $10.  It's a bar and feels like a bar but the food is excellent. 

Concert Pub @ FM1960 and Kuykendahl is another one with food deals and usually not very crowded.  If they are the Boat is next door.  I had the $1 Hamburger there a few weeks ago.  Fries were $2...LOL.  Between the Burger, fries and $1 beer I spent under $10 and left feeling very thrifty.  The burger wasn't bad....but wasn't great.  They have other food which is much better but not $1.

These two and MaK's are the only places I have gone to on Wednesday on the bike.  I am sure that Wolfies is good but I heard the one on FM1960 has gone down hill a lot so probably will stick to the one in the Woodlands.  There is a biker bar on the feeder just south of Rayford Sawdust I need to check out, they had crawfish but don't know if they serve food regular.  It's a real dive, good atmosphere.  There is the place (can't remember the name) in Tomball just off the main road, outside seating and really good eats.  I have hit that on a Sunday afternoon before and it was really cool. 

I will locate these places and add them to the rotation to give them a try. 

One thing to keep in mind regarding locations for M&Gs is that we need a place where the atmosphere is not so loud we cannot hear each other talk.  We went to a bar/food place a few weeks back and it was impossible to communicate with each other...defeats the purpose of getting together. 

Beer/drinking is a fun part of the M&G, but the main purpose is BSing with each other and if we can't do that then why have a M&G at all?
"Lucky" Connie
'06 Pearl Dark Blue 1300C
If you don't love what you're doing, then don't do it.
Your chances of success are directly proportional to the degree of pleasure you derive from what you do.

Rocket67

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Legend In My Own Mind
« Reply #39 on: July 31, 2014, 02:58:22 PM »

I will locate these places and add them to the rotation to give them a try. 

One thing to keep in mind regarding locations for M&Gs is that we need a place where the atmosphere is not so loud we cannot hear each other talk.  We went to a bar/food place a few weeks back and it was impossible to communicate with each other...defeats the purpose of getting together. 

Beer/drinking is a fun part of the M&G, but the main purpose is BSing with each other and if we can't do that then why have a M&G at all?

Sooooo............ :stickpoke:   :pot:
-Scott
2019 FLHXS

Rocket67

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Legend In My Own Mind
« Reply #40 on: October 28, 2014, 08:58:22 AM »

Cisco's Salsa Company‎
209 Commerce Street
Tomball, Texas 77375
(281) 351-7572
-Scott
2019 FLHXS

nomercyambulance

• Texas X Rider OverLord
« Reply #41 on: October 29, 2014, 05:58:31 PM »

Here now. Where are you all?
Proud to be an American.
If you are not, LEAVE!!

TheWatcher

• Master Tejano Rider
« Reply #42 on: November 19, 2014, 12:12:00 PM »

There is a brand new Twin Peaks on the west side open on I-10 close to Dairy Ashford, I wonder if they are like the Tilted Kilt!!!!

:couch:    :goldwing:
AKA: Vteeman on the VTXOA Site (Seldom seen there anymore)
2002 VTX 1800 C (Gone but not forgotten)
2012 Gold Wing Nav/XM

Railroader

• Old Timer
  • ORANGE is the fastest color!
« Reply #43 on: March 19, 2015, 04:53:50 PM »

Quaker Steak and Lube in League City just started having Bike Nite every Wednesday. Live music on the patio and mudbugs while they're in season.   I dont know the address but its on I-45 on the northbound side just north of FM 646.

xcaliber

• Board
  • Elvis
« Reply #44 on: March 19, 2015, 05:27:45 PM »

hey there railroader, where ya been? Good to hear from ya.
It's all just part of the adventure!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal