Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Made it home from BBT 2010 check in please!  (Read 5390 times)

Dusty

Re: Made it home from BBT 2010 check in please!
« Reply #30 on: April 27, 2010, 04:32:00 AM »

Wow, Dusty, glad you made it ok.  I hope everything else turned out ok for you.  It was very nice meeting you. 

It was good to meet you too, as well as everyone else that I met.   :thumbup:

Dusty

« Reply #31 on: April 27, 2010, 04:35:15 AM »

I got home around 4:30 PM Sunday. DUSTY!!! I was the one you talked to TWICE!!!! LOL

Yeah your right and I didn't bring up SHEEP once!  :angel:

Dusty

« Reply #32 on: April 27, 2010, 04:45:44 AM »

Damn dusty.
Glad your ok. Did it hurt the bike?

I'm glad I looked back. I would have really felt stupid to have gotten on I-10, looked back and saw nothing. I had one strap that came unhooked and I'm guessing that came loose when the trailer hit the pavement. Other wise the bike just rode it out and never moved. What's ironic is Randy had pointed out that the "S" hooks on the straps I have didn't curve enough. The particular hook he was looking at was almost off at that time and that's when I first got to BBT. I'll be putting some more curve in them.

Dusty

« Reply #33 on: April 27, 2010, 04:53:54 AM »

:redcard:  I am glad you all got home safe even if you tell me goodby!!!!   3 or 4 ????

Kenny, I really did think about coming to tell you bye but after dumping the the trailer tanks I was so hungry I forgot about it. It may have been more like 6 or 7.  :stickpoke: :thumbup:

Lucky

• Board
  • Elvis
  • Canyon Lake, TX
    • Facebook
« Reply #34 on: April 27, 2010, 08:52:09 AM »

Dusty I am sooooooooooo glad you AND the bike got home in good shape.

Wayne and I did the same thing once with our sailboat.  Actually I did it.  When we prepare to launch our sailboat we have to extend the tongue on the trailer...Wayne pulls the truck forward while I watch for the hole to slip the pin thru.  This was our first time to use this set up.  I saw an opening come up and slipped the pin in...like you, it was AFTER the hole went by and so the pin was in empty air.  Wayne went to back the boat down the ramp and as it went into the water it took the trailer with it.  Like me, I'm sure you will never make that mistake again.
"Lucky" Connie
'06 Pearl Dark Blue 1300C
If you don't love what you're doing, then don't do it.
Your chances of success are directly proportional to the degree of pleasure you derive from what you do.

hobo

• Board
  • Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Cedar Creek Lake
    • westcherry.com
« Reply #35 on: May 03, 2010, 02:11:48 PM »

Ok, Sorry I'm late. I'm home on Sunday the 2'nd at 7:45 p.m. 11 days, 1700 miles.

It's a terrific feeling when leaving the rally on Sunday to turn back towards the hill country.  :bikerider: :bikerider: :bikerider:

I've found some terrific rides that I've never ridden before, and some new places to explore the next time I'm there.

Oh yeah, thank you very much Dusty Bill.  :thumbup:
My 2003 1800C lives at the shores of Cedar Creek Lake in Mabank, Texas
Don't make me get nekkid!... Smell The Bumper... I got my cookies!
Pages: 1 2 [3]

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal