Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Made it home from BBT 2010 check in please!  (Read 5389 times)

Chad

• Board
  • Elvis
  • M G, TX.
Re: Made it home from BBT 2010 check in please!
« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2010, 06:57:57 AM »

Home again!
 Did right at 1200 miles for the weekend! YEAH and I did it on a hard Cranberries seat!! LOL
 Had a great time!  :thumbup:
Member since 2004
RIP Torque Dec.18,1975-Apr.29,2009

DavidJ

• Master Tejano Rider
« Reply #16 on: April 26, 2010, 07:04:13 AM »

I got home about 12:30 on Sunday.  Was a great ride home and a fantastic weekend.  I clocked just over 1000 miles and loved every one of them.  Looking forward to next year and other rides in between.
'02 1800C

hooter

• Master of Monumental Proportions
  • Itasca (just North of Hillsboro on sceanic I-35W)
« Reply #17 on: April 26, 2010, 07:13:13 AM »

Great rides as always, Great friends as always, Great Hog Gumbo, Great Beer (Miller that is), and a Light Show Friday was unsurpassable by almost any I have seen! Thanks for everybody's hard work to make this all possible and and can't wait till next year but I personally, I think the wind, rain, and Wonderful Light show y'all put on was a little much, so, next year I hope the enterainment committee might consider some other form of Friday nite fun and games!! Oh by the way I made it home about 6:45 Sunday, good to be home but sorry it's over!   :c :c
What I do today is very important because
I traded a day of my life for it.

Whatever you want to do, do it now.
  There are only so many tomorrows.

Isorg

• Administrator
  • Texas X Rider OverLord
  • 2007 1300c, 2002 Yamaha fz1
    • Izzy's Mind
« Reply #18 on: April 26, 2010, 08:08:52 AM »

Great rides as always, Great friends as always, Great Hog Gumbo, Great Beer (Miller that is), and a Light Show Friday was unsurpassable by almost any I have seen! Thanks for everybody's hard work to make this all possible and and can't wait till next year but I personally, I think the wind, rain, and Wonderful Light show y'all put on was a little much, so, next year I hope the enterainment committee might consider some other form of Friday nite fun and games!! Oh by the way I made it home about 6:45 Sunday, good to be home but sorry it's over!   :c :c

i agree the friday night entertainment, was.... intense!

2007 1300c VTX
2002 Yamaha FZ1
2007 FJR1300

hobo

• Board
  • Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Cedar Creek Lake
    • westcherry.com
« Reply #19 on: April 26, 2010, 09:24:10 AM »

May the good times never end. Tinkerbell and I made it as far as Camp Wood before stumbling upon Dusty's secret place. Headed for BJ's this morning! :-)
I guess we'll make it back home by Sunday.
I had a great time seeing old friends and dodging the weather and am looking forward to next year!
My 2003 1800C lives at the shores of Cedar Creek Lake in Mabank, Texas
Don't make me get nekkid!... Smell The Bumper... I got my cookies!

Txcajun

• Texas X Rider OverLord
« Reply #20 on: April 26, 2010, 09:37:50 AM »

We made it home about 10 last night, after stopping and having an afternoon meal at Southside Market in Elgin with the Divita's. I had a great time, and enjoyed hanging out and seeing everyone. I hope everyone enjoyed this years event. Let's make next year's event even bigger and better.  :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: Hell yeah boy!
Les Coullion Coup d'e'tat peux Embrasse Moi Tchew!              03 1800 retro TRAILER QUEEN EXTRORDINAIRE "SMELL THE BUMPER"

lonewolf64

• Trailer Queen
« Reply #21 on: April 26, 2010, 11:38:35 AM »

Hey riders, thanks for the great time! My wife (MaryBeth) and I (Robert) had a blast! We're the other deaf couple (not Mandy and Gary) that camped out in the pavilion  ;D
We appreciate everyone's courtesy towards us and made us feel welcome. Thanks Chad for the personal guide! Don't change at all except maybe for your singing. :D I look forward to another gathering wherever yall plan to be.

hangman

• Old Timer
« Reply #22 on: April 26, 2010, 12:42:30 PM »

Made it home, took a shower and the daugher cooked dinner - man was that nice.  I got to just sit back and enjoy.

This was really the first time I can remember where the return trip was as nice as the trip down and and around the sites, not the usuall sore rear - get me offa this thing hair on fire return.

Sorry I missed the light show  -  guess that'sthe trouble with the pavillion - it blocks out all the interesting stuff...  ;D

Dusty

« Reply #23 on: April 26, 2010, 04:08:51 PM »

Kim and I had a a lot of fun. We almost put a whole 200 miles on the bike. It was all quality miles. Thanks to everyone that participated in making it all happen. All 3 or 4 of my friends were there.  :stickpoke: I think I even talked to them once, I may have spoken to one of them twice.  :rofl:

My trip home finally ended about 6 last night after leaving the park about 9:30 am. We stopped at the Denny's in Fredericksburg for breakfast. We couldn't get seated. We couldn't get them to even acknowledge that we were there. So we left and ate in Comfort. Got to Kim's house in Boerne and hooked the travel trailer up to her truck and the bike back up to mine. I changed hitches so my bike would sit level. I left her house right at noon, turned onto 1376 and gas choked the truck. As I went across a little bridge I hit a bump. Looked in my mirror to see my trailer and bike not keeping up.  :redcard: I freaked. The trailer slid about 150 feet on the hitch ( yes, the hitch) and off the road into the dirt on my side of the road.  :thatwasclose:
After I backed up to the trailer, I walked to the back to see my hitch pin still locked in place. That's right, I missed the hole with the pin. How I drove a mile before it came out, I will never know.
Where were my chains you ask?  :idontknow: Well, with the new hitch, my chains were too short, so before I had even left my house, I had gotten chain out of my shop to extend them. That was the last time I thought about them until I hooked up at Kims.  :banghead: So, the next time you think you have hit the hole, you may want to try and pull out to make sure you were really in.  :hmm: :cantbelieve: :rofl:
I did make it home but not without sitting in Houston traffic for an hour. I-10 East was down to a single lane starting at about the 45 exit. I've got to find another route to the Hill Country even if it's slower roads.  :deadhorse:

Pudge

• Tejano
  • Wimberley, Texas
« Reply #24 on: April 26, 2010, 05:33:54 PM »

Wow, Dusty, glad you made it ok.  I hope everything else turned out ok for you.  It was very nice meeting you. 
Ride Cowboys, Ride!

A.M.S. Medic

• Tejano
  • Amarillo, Tx.
« Reply #25 on: April 26, 2010, 07:02:22 PM »

I got home around 4:30 PM Sunday. DUSTY!!! I was the one you talked to TWICE!!!! LOL
Paramedic Rules to live by: All bleeding eventually stops.  All people eventually die.  If you drop the baby, PICK IT UP!!!!

Chad

• Board
  • Elvis
  • M G, TX.
« Reply #26 on: April 26, 2010, 07:19:38 PM »

I got home around 4:30 PM Sunday. DUSTY!!! I was the one you talked to TWICE!!!! LOL
Dang Joe you got home before I did and I left before you!  ::)
Member since 2004
RIP Torque Dec.18,1975-Apr.29,2009

CouldBFaster

• Texas X Rider OverLord
« Reply #27 on: April 26, 2010, 08:06:36 PM »

Damn dusty.
Glad your ok. Did it hurt the bike?
Catching a yellow-jacket in your shirt at seventy miles per hour can double your vocabulary.

Honest officer .... I aint driving fast ..... just flying low ....

"I'll keep my money, my freedom and my guns, You can keep the "change"."

┌П┐ (•_•)┌П┐

Gumbo

• Board
  • Elvis
  • 06 1800R
« Reply #28 on: April 26, 2010, 08:50:02 PM »

Kim and I had a a lot of fun. We almost put a whole 200 miles on the bike. It was all quality miles. Thanks to everyone that participated in making it all happen. All 3 or 4 of my friends were there.  :stickpoke: I think I even talked to them once, I may have spoken to one of them twice.  :rofl:

My trip home finally ended about 6 last night after leaving the park about 9:30 am. We stopped at the Denny's in Fredericksburg for breakfast. We couldn't get seated. We couldn't get them to even acknowledge that we were there. So we left and ate in Comfort. Got to Kim's house in Boerne and hooked the travel trailer up to her truck and the bike back up to mine. I changed hitches so my bike would sit level. I left her house right at noon, turned onto 1376 and gas choked the truck. As I went across a little bridge I hit a bump. Looked in my mirror to see my trailer and bike not keeping up.  :redcard: I freaked. The trailer slid about 150 feet on the hitch ( yes, the hitch) and off the road into the dirt on my side of the road.  :thatwasclose:
After I backed up to the trailer, I walked to the back to see my hitch pin still locked in place. That's right, I missed the hole with the pin. How I drove a mile before it came out, I will never know.
Where were my chains you ask?  :idontknow: Well, with the new hitch, my chains were too short, so before I had even left my house, I had gotten chain out of my shop to extend them. That was the last time I thought about them until I hooked up at Kims.  :banghead: So, the next time you think you have hit the hole, you may want to try and pull out to make sure you were really in.  :hmm: :cantbelieve: :rofl:
I did make it home but not without sitting in Houston traffic for an hour. I-10 East was down to a single lane starting at about the 45 exit. I've got to find another route to the Hill Country even if it's slower roads.  :deadhorse:

What a story, hope the bike was ok  :ohwow:

So, the next time you think you have hit the hole, you may want to try and pull out to make sure you were really in.
Checking
\"The moment you taste it, something wet and dark leaps on you and starts humping you like a swamp dog in heat, and the only way to get it off you is to eat it off, It\'s Gumbo!! If you don\'t eat it then the mystery beast will go right on humping you.

VTreX

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Rubythroatedhumming VT-reX Temple TX
    • http://www.patriotguard.org/photos/listpics.asp?a=show&ID=395
« Reply #29 on: April 26, 2010, 09:35:20 PM »

:redcard:  I am glad you all got home safe even if you tell me goodby!!!!   3 or 4 ????
03-C U-green It is neither those in the round nor the square that reach the top, but those in the spiral.... Now have added a red ''07 Gold Wing with everything except an AIRBAG!!  SOLD THE WING  SAD DAY!!
Pages: 1 [2] 3

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal