Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Fathers Day BBQ Ride  (Read 1854 times)

Arch

• Old Timer
  • Tomball, TX
Fathers Day BBQ Ride
« on: June 17, 2009, 11:40:02 AM »

We are going to go to Coopers BBQ In New Braunfels, Sunday for lunch. Meet at the Shell station at 2920 and 2978 just east of Tomball, and yes David I will give you at least 2 minuets but I don't know about the others who wanted to leave :ohwow:. Meet at 7:30, quick breakfast at mickyD's, and leave by 8:00 to get there by 11:00 or so. Lunch and head back to try to beat the heat. It's supposed to be great weather and the BBQ is also supposed to be great, per Kebs. For those who might be coming down 290 we can meet at the Loves station at 2920 in Waller about 8:30 and go from there. Looking forward to seeing y'all.

Ed & Diane
We will remain the same until the pain of remaining the same is greater than the pain of change.

RedDragon

• Master of Monumental Proportions
Re: Fathers Day BBQ Ride
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2009, 11:51:03 AM »

Won't be able to make this one Ed. Prepping for Colorado.  O0

2005 VTX 1800C Red Tribal Flame
2005 Yamaha FZ1 Silver

larry_357

• Texas X Rider OverLord
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2009, 12:35:41 PM »

I may just be able to make this one and Coopers sounds good ......get back with you later
Alvin,Texas

BobB

• Old Timer
  • Cypress, TX
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2009, 10:07:22 PM »

Not sure.  I sold my house and have to move by the 29th.  Sounds easy except I've got a  lot of years collecting crap.  I'm going to try to make it, just not sure.

Lucky

• Board
  • Elvis
  • Canyon Lake, TX
    • Facebook
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2009, 06:02:19 AM »

Not sure.  I sold my house and have to move by the 29th.  Sounds easy except I've got a  lot of years collecting crap.  I'm going to try to make it, just not sure.
Congrats Bob on selling your house....now back to your regularly scheduled thread
"Lucky" Connie
'06 Pearl Dark Blue 1300C
If you don't love what you're doing, then don't do it.
Your chances of success are directly proportional to the degree of pleasure you derive from what you do.

Gumbo

• Board
  • Elvis
  • 06 1800R
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2009, 02:59:39 PM »

Hey buddy let my know if you need a hand, got a truck will travel.
\"The moment you taste it, something wet and dark leaps on you and starts humping you like a swamp dog in heat, and the only way to get it off you is to eat it off, It\'s Gumbo!! If you don\'t eat it then the mystery beast will go right on humping you.

larry_357

• Texas X Rider OverLord
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2009, 05:38:54 PM »

If ya see a red 1300 will be me should be up and around that area tomorrow no time table just riding and more than likely to find me in Gruene.
Alvin,Texas

MsVTX1300

• Master Tejano Rider
  • Spring, TX
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2009, 08:59:40 AM »

Great ride, even though we all "cooked" on the ride home, but the ride going was super!  Enjoyed the company!   :c  I got home and jumped straight into the pool!!  :thumbup:  Ed and Gumbo, I posted the info on the cool vests on the "General" message board for ya!

Thanks, Gumbo, for taking me under your wing, watching out for me!  Had a great time!  I clocked right at 415 miles over the weekend!  Most I have done in one weekend!   :bikerider:  
« Last Edit: June 22, 2009, 10:57:46 AM by MsVTX1300 »
[IMG]

Carol
2014 Victory Cross Country Tour
2006 VTX 1300 (The Lady)

Gumbo

• Board
  • Elvis
  • 06 1800R
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2009, 10:18:10 AM »

Great ride, even though we all "cooked" on the ride home, but the ride going was super!  Enjoyed the company!   :c  I got home and jumped straight into the pool!!  :thumbup:  Ed and Gumbo, I posted the info on the cool vests on the "General" message board for ya!

Thanks, Gumbo, for taking me under your wing, watching out for me!  Had a great time!  I clocked right at 415 miles over the weekend!  Most of I done in one weekend!   :bikerider: 

Any time  :bikerider:
\"The moment you taste it, something wet and dark leaps on you and starts humping you like a swamp dog in heat, and the only way to get it off you is to eat it off, It\'s Gumbo!! If you don\'t eat it then the mystery beast will go right on humping you.

xcaliber

• Board
  • Elvis
« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2009, 05:59:39 PM »

You got under Gumbo's wing and got back!!  :ohwow:miracles do happen! :stickpoke:
It's all just part of the adventure!

Gumbo

• Board
  • Elvis
  • 06 1800R
« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2009, 08:53:37 PM »

You got under Gumbo's wing and got back!!  :ohwow:miracles do happen! :stickpoke:

HWY 290 how could you go wrong, even I know how to get home from 290 :o

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal