Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Tired of being stopped at the fricking light waiting for a car to come along?  (Read 7712 times)

Luckys Lover

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • My other addiction

That's been my experience too. The Magnets have not helped. I'm still running stoplights after watching it cycle for cross traffic two times.
If stupidity got us into this mess, why can stupidity get us out of it? Will Rogers
I don't care what other people think. They don't do it very often!
Of Course it's dirty. It's hard to clean when the tires keep moving.

Dusty

That's been my experience too. The Magnets have not helped. I'm still running stoplights after watching it cycle for cross traffic two times.

I'm down to one cycle now.  :agree: In Sept. and August I may not wait at all. Look three times and hall donkeys.

POGOGOLF

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Jeff in GA - '02 1800 C

I tried duct taping a squirrel under the frame that I had shot with 20 or so pellets...it didn't work either.  :cuss:  :banghead:  :simmadown:  :ohwow:  O0  :couch:  :flag:
Ride Safe!! Jeff in GA <>< I believe in Easter
'02 1800 C model - 57,000 miles and climbing

Gumbo

• Board
  • Elvis
  • 06 1800R

I tried duct taping a squirrel under the frame that I had shot with 20 or so pellets...it didn't work either.  :cuss:  :banghead:  :simmadown:  :ohwow:  O0  :couch:  :flag:
[/quote]

Pogogolf your sounding more and more like a Cajun everyday, you sure you don't have an Cajun roots.  ??? ;D
\"The moment you taste it, something wet and dark leaps on you and starts humping you like a swamp dog in heat, and the only way to get it off you is to eat it off, It\'s Gumbo!! If you don\'t eat it then the mystery beast will go right on humping you.

snake

• Master of Monumental Proportions
  • What a ride it's been!

If you want a good magnet to put underneath, get the magnets out of a old hard drive and epoxy to the lowest part of the frame, magnet down. About the strongest little magnet you're gonna find. Alot better than the toothpick sized magnet you get if you order the green light trigger magnet they sell. lol
:ohwow: signed: A reality-challenged left wingnut!
     420! Yeah, baby!

Gumbo

• Board
  • Elvis
  • 06 1800R

If you want a good magnet to put underneath, get the magnets out of a old hard drive and epoxy to the lowest part of the frame, magnet down. About the strongest little magnet you're gonna find. Alot better than the toothpick sized magnet you get if you order the green light trigger magnet they sell. lol

Only one problem with those old hard drive magnets, always get stuck on railroad tracks,  ;D that can be dangerous.  :ohwow:
\"The moment you taste it, something wet and dark leaps on you and starts humping you like a swamp dog in heat, and the only way to get it off you is to eat it off, It\'s Gumbo!! If you don\'t eat it then the mystery beast will go right on humping you.

Wild Bill05

• Tejano
  • My Pride and Joy 05' VTX 1800R

Hey I have done this for along time. Magnets, They work. I have a magnet from Wal~Mart auto area. It's designed for holding tools. Very strong. stuck to bottom(no tape). Came back and wire tied it. I even put magnets on bottom of Patrol scooters when working in Corpus Christi. It works. :thumbup: :bikerider:
Believe that the ride is free! And we are free to enjoy the ride!    "Bikes
are everywhere! So Look twice!"

captainlon

• Old Timer

:thumbup:I used some gorilla glue and a magnet I bought at Harbor Freight and I have noticed that it works quite well. No delays at traffic lights. I like it. :bikerider:
captainlon

cybrhick

• Master Tejano Rider
  • The outcast
    • Hick Custom Machine Works

Get a better magnet. At 290 pounds of pull force, this will do the job no problem. And, as an added plus, you'll end up cleaning up the roads of junk nails, tools, and bolts.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/N45-4x2x1-NdFeB-Super-Strong-Neodymium-Block-Magnet-/310357833959?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4842c4b8e7
Displaced Texan.

bluestreak

• Master Tejano Rider

About 50% of the time I just run the light when it's clear.
The state trusts my judgement at a stop sign with other drivers there..............so why not at a light?
AMA Life Member #xxx445
Cureent Rides:
73 Yamaha RD 350
85 Yamaha RZ 350
79 Yamaha Daytona 400
82 Honda V45 Sabre 750
08 Honda Goldwing Airbag
03 ApriliaTuono Racing 998
82 Yamaha YZ 250
02 Honda VTX 1800C
06 Yamaha YZF-R1
06 Yamaha YZF-R1 LE
02 Suzuki GSXR 750 Track Bike

matap

• Board
  • Master of Monumental Proportions
  • "Just put that hammer down and give it hell" -J.R.

About 50% of the time I just run the light when it's clear.
The state trusts my judgement at a stop sign with other drivers there..............so why not at a light?

Oh, I like this and do the same as well.
"Talk low, talk slow and don't talk too much" - John Wayne

wwaggett

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Clear Lake, Texas Always busy doing nothing at all

Holy thread resurection Bat Man!!!!!  :bikerider:

cybrhick

• Master Tejano Rider
  • The outcast
    • Hick Custom Machine Works

Holy thread resurection Bat Man!!!!!  :bikerider:
:angel:
Displaced Texan.

Gumbo

• Board
  • Elvis
  • 06 1800R

It's a good read though.  ;D

POGOGOLF  ??? where did ya go  ???

hipshot

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • New Caney, TX

Look Marigold! The snake oil thread is back!
02 1800C
Pages: 1 [2] 3

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal