Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Tired of being stopped at the fricking light waiting for a car to come along?  (Read 7710 times)

Luckys Lover

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • My other addiction

I know I've been a bad boy and run a few stop lights because I couldn't get a green light. But check this out.

http://www.wonderhowto.com/how-to/video/how-to-trigger-traffic-lights-to-change-from-red-to-green-78256/

I've got a couple of magnets here at the apartment and I'll test this out tonight on my worst light. (Provided no cars are there already.)
If stupidity got us into this mess, why can stupidity get us out of it? Will Rogers
I don't care what other people think. They don't do it very often!
Of Course it's dirty. It's hard to clean when the tires keep moving.

JGomez55

• Old Timer
  • Lovin Life....!

I need to try this out also..., There are 2 lights to and fromwork that give me red lights and usaully have to scoot up far enough to have the car behind me trigger the frequency....

would like to hear your results on this...

8)
Joe Cool...8)

flamen

• Rider
  • VTX UNDER CONSTRUCTION
    • Tammys Corgis

But that takes all the fun out of sitting there making a full of yourself stomping, and cursing!

Under Construction:::H&K Sideburners, Progressive 812 flamed 11" shocks,
skull & flame Irate grill, flamed Kuryakyn floorboards, cobra fatty crashbars, Skull bone highway pegs, Skull bone mirrors

Gumbo

• Board
  • Elvis
  • 06 1800R

But that takes all the fun out of sitting there making a full of yourself stomping, and cursing!

I ofter make a full of myself at stop lights  ;D ;D Sorry Flamen, couldn't piss it up :stickpoke:
\"The moment you taste it, something wet and dark leaps on you and starts humping you like a swamp dog in heat, and the only way to get it off you is to eat it off, It\'s Gumbo!! If you don\'t eat it then the mystery beast will go right on humping you.

Lone_Wolfe

• Master Tejano Rider
  • Seattle, WA
    • My Cycle Travels

I ofter make a full of myself at stop lights  ;D ;D Sorry Flamen, couldn't piss it up :stickpoke:

Uhm .... nevermind I'm better not touching this one.  :what:

Gumbo

• Board
  • Elvis
  • 06 1800R

I have a spellin problem  :ohwow:
\"The moment you taste it, something wet and dark leaps on you and starts humping you like a swamp dog in heat, and the only way to get it off you is to eat it off, It\'s Gumbo!! If you don\'t eat it then the mystery beast will go right on humping you.

Ironhorse1800

• Old Timer

Try this:

Pull up to the light directly over a wire and stop with the engine at the front corner of the loop. That is the place where you will get the most wire under the ferrous metal parts of the engine. Our nonferrous aluminum wheels will not trip the signal switch.
Then twist the throttle a couple times real good. The spinning metal parts of the motor will trip the traffic signal switch.

I don’t know if revving the engine really helps but that is what I will tell the cop that wants to fuss about all the noise I’m making at the red light. :t
Ironhorse1800 -My 2004 1800 N S3

big oz

• Old Timer
  • Alvarado, Texas

Gumbo, she said your in trouble....I made fun of her and then scrolled down to see where you were doing it...she said she will get you in Colorado if not before...lol...

2006 VTX 1800n, MS fats 21" solar shield, Leatherlyke Cross Country Bags, custom hitch, Darkside 205/60/16 Goodyear Eagle GT

Gumbo

• Board
  • Elvis
  • 06 1800R

Gumbo, she said your in trouble....I made fun of her and then scrolled down to see where you were doing it...she said she will get you in Colorado if not before...lol...

I said I was sorry ;D Let her know I will be expecting a beat down

Lone_Wolfe

• Master Tejano Rider
  • Seattle, WA
    • My Cycle Travels

Try this:

Pull up to the light directly over a wire and stop with the engine at the front corner of the loop. That is the place where you will get the most wire under the ferrous metal parts of the engine. Our nonferrous aluminum wheels will not trip the signal switch.
Then twist the throttle a couple times real good. The spinning metal parts of the motor will trip the traffic signal switch.

I don’t know if revving the engine really helps but that is what I will tell the cop that wants to fuss about all the noise I’m making at the red light. :t

But you can't always see the positioning of the wire under the pavement? At least I haven't noticed it myself?

Luckys Lover

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • My other addiction

OK, Last night's test run didn't go off. There was a pickup in front of us at the light. But the mini rare earth magnet was still stuck to my bike after the 60 mile round trip ride to Jax's last night. Even with all the bumps on Memorial Drive.  :bikerider:

On another note, this morning I "think" the traffic lights were staying green until I got to them. These are the ones with the second and third set of sensors in the road. But I can't swear in a court of law that they in fact were staying green for me. More later as I work on this. Yeah, yeah, I know what the video showed but I've also seen humans interacting with Klingons and Vulcans on the video screen, too. And I've seen some really good photoshopped pictures. Like the welcoming committee woman with no navel.  :ohwow:
If stupidity got us into this mess, why can stupidity get us out of it? Will Rogers
I don't care what other people think. They don't do it very often!
Of Course it's dirty. It's hard to clean when the tires keep moving.

wwaggett

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Clear Lake, Texas Always busy doing nothing at all

I have a spellin problem  :ohwow:

Yes you does.  :bikerider:

flamen

• Rider
  • VTX UNDER CONSTRUCTION
    • Tammys Corgis

Gumbo,

I think I had one two many glasses of wine, LoL or at least that sounds like a good excuse.

Under Construction:::H&K Sideburners, Progressive 812 flamed 11" shocks,
skull & flame Irate grill, flamed Kuryakyn floorboards, cobra fatty crashbars, Skull bone highway pegs, Skull bone mirrors

Gumbo

• Board
  • Elvis
  • 06 1800R

Gumbo,

I think I had one two many glasses of wine, LoL or at least that sounds like a good excuse.

Flamen, it's a great excuse, I'm looking forward to coming home tonight and have me a few too many.  ;D

Muffmaster

• Old Timer
  • Selective Honesty is Not Lying

Well I had a long conversation with a traffic light technician and found that the sensors are looking for metal mass and magnets won't help. You would be better off bolting a large piece of metal under the bike! Just my 2cents ;D
Pages: [1] 2 3

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal