Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Rules and Recommendations To Post For Sale Items  (Read 6350 times)

j1mmyj4m

• The Shocker
  • Administrator
  • Master of Monumental Proportions
  • Deer Park, Tx
Rules and Recommendations To Post For Sale Items
« on: May 11, 2009, 08:51:02 AM »

I'll try and keep it fairly simple.

1.  In order to post, you must have atleast 10 posts or be able to have someone on the board vouch for you.  Your first post will not be in the For Sale section as we have no idea who you are or how good your word is.  The few ruin it for the many.  Your post will be deleted if you do not meet the above.  Older posts are grandfathered as of 5/11.  I'll update this later.

3.  Please try and post clear pictures.  It's not mandatory, but it not only helps you sell your item, it also lets the buyer know what exactly he's looking at buying (scratches, dings, etc).  Do not link to a picture on the manufacturers website unless your item is literally brand new and has never been opened.

4.  Be honest and clear in the description of your item.  Do not call a bike your selling "mint" if it's been dropped on it's side, in the gravel, at 70mph and slid 200ft.  Show some integrity.

5.  If your item sells, please edit your post in the SUBJECT to show that it did sell.  It lets me know that it can be moved to the For Sale graveyard.

6.  The For Sale Graveyard is a child board that is read only and archives all of the For Sale items.  It might help give you an idea of how much to ask for your item or some advice on how to list.  I will attempt to move all posts that are around 2 months old (basically when I get to it) to that section. 
Chunk the llama.

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal