Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8

Author Topic: Headcount for Spring Thing IV  (Read 17066 times)

Txcajun

• Texas X Rider OverLord
Headcount for Spring Thing IV
« on: January 25, 2009, 02:30:48 PM »

We need to get a head count on how many people are planning on attending. The park charges us a set price of $450 for the three days.The price per person will depend on how many show up. What I think we need to try and do is cover the expense and try to have a little extra for the next year. The dates are March 12-15, and those people that have had rv spaces before will get first dibs on their same spots this year. We are also going to try a get a makeshift schedule together for events,rides, and meals. So PLEASE post up if you are coming.  :good: :good: :good:
« Last Edit: January 25, 2009, 05:12:00 PM by txcajun »
Les Coullion Coup d'e'tat peux Embrasse Moi Tchew!              03 1800 retro TRAILER QUEEN EXTRORDINAIRE "SMELL THE BUMPER"

TomVTX

• Master Tejano Rider
  • Blanco, Texas
Re: Headcount for Spring Thing IV
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2009, 02:35:29 PM »

Count me IN...I WILL be there...

I want to reserve a tent spot in Billville, but reserve the right to visit Showville at any time I so chose.

jmdaniel

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • My other toy, '77 FJ40...
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2009, 08:21:52 PM »

Can't make; heading to Toronto for a week that Saturday.  :-\
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."
-- Unknown

2016 Honda F6B Deluxe
2007 Yamaha FJR1300A
2003 Honda VTX 1300

beaux43

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • "Punxher"
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2009, 10:17:20 PM »

You still have Thursday evening and all day Friday.  Just make sure you pack for Canada on Wednesday.  :thumbup:
'03 1800R
'08 GL1800 GoldWing

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally wornout, shouting..."What a Ride!"

hooter

• Master of Monumental Proportions
  • Itasca (just North of Hillsboro on sceanic I-35W)
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2009, 10:26:06 PM »

I'm in Friday and Sat. nite! :thumbup: :thumbup:
What I do today is very important because
I traded a day of my life for it.

Whatever you want to do, do it now.
  There are only so many tomorrows.

Dusty

« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2009, 04:42:25 AM »

I'm in Friday and Sat. nite! :thumbup: :thumbup:

Just in case....your helmets in your tool box.  :c

I'm There!  :cool2:

hooter

« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2009, 04:52:06 AM »

I'm glad you remembered.  :notworthy: :notworthy:

crewsnchic

• Tejano
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2009, 09:17:17 AM »

Jeremy and myself will be there and call dibbs on our same RV Spot in showville. By the way, who is bringing the show this year? See you all there.

tom cat

• Texas X Rider OverLord
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2009, 09:48:03 AM »

I'm in, bike truck or trailer, I'll get there some how.

tom cat

• Texas X Rider OverLord
« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2009, 09:49:26 AM »

I'm in, bike truck or trailer, I'll get there some how.

hooter

« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2009, 07:40:35 PM »

Damn Tom, you showing twice? ??? ??? ???

Xmark

• Old Timer
  • San Marcos, TX
« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2009, 09:40:21 PM »

Can someone give me a little background on this event? What's it all about? Where is it?
Hell, I don't even know where Lake Belton is!
"Life is like a jar of Jalapeno peppers.
What you do today, might Burn Your butt Tomorrow"

snake

• What a ride it's been!
« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2009, 12:47:24 AM »

Four threads and ken hasn't started a one of them? Hell's fixing to freeze over! :ohwow:
Here is some general  :cuss: I gathered from the old threads Mark.
The Site
Site Details:
Site Reserve Type:Site Specific
Site Type:Grp Area Sgl 50 Amp Water
Check-in:2:00 pm
Check-out:1:00 pm
Stay Type:Overnight
# of People:(min: 1, max: 80)
Max. # of Vehicle:35
Max. Vehicle Length:60
Driveway Surface:Paved
Driveway Entry:Back-In
Shade:Y
Notes
Site
Covered Table: Y Shoreline Site: N Distance to shorline: 200 yards Must be reserved as one unit. Site is for group camping and has 2 bbq pits, flush bathroom with hot showers, six single back-in sites, and 2 double sites. Also provided is a 32'x 50' pavillion with seating for about 40 people, electricity for small appliances and water. See the park attendant for park entrance code. Vehicle and person capacity limits are strictly enforced. If your gathering may exceed these limits or is an event requiring use of any other park amenity such as a boat ramp, picnic, beach or parking area, you MUST REQUEST A SPECIAL EVENT PERMIT by calling (254) 939-2461 a minimum of 14 days, 30 days in advance is preferred, prior to the date of the event. Events requiring a Special Event Permit, in addition to above include, but are not limited to, fishing tournaments, sporting events and any event where attendees are required to pay a fee to attend, prizes are awarded or the nature of the event may infringe or disrupt the use of the park or portion of the park (other than the group pavilion area) by the general public. Each request will be evaluated for potential adverse impact on public safety, park facilities & utility systems, sanitation and natural resources.

Directions:

Also got these directions off I35 south: Exit at H K Dodgen loop #363, go west. This intersects 36 towards gatesville, airport will be on the right, after you pass the airport, you will cross 317, go past the exxon on left, turn left on cedar ridge...at the park entrance gate, tell them you are going to the turkey roost group campsite. They will put a sticker on your bike with a code #. Proceed to camp!

another description:
Directions:Take hiway 36 going west out of Temple toward Gatesville. After you cross hiway 317 go 1.3 miles. Turn west on Moffet just before the Exxon station. After 0.3 miles turn left on Cedar Ridge Park Rd Go 1.3 miles to park.

MAP

General comments...
Kenny, great M&G.  Thanks for putting this together!!  Glad to see Carla up and about.

It was great seeing you all.  I was glad to meet a few new faces.  Can't believe SgtStever really has a wife or was it the neighbor? 

To recap for those that missed out...

I'm guessing 30 or so camped and a few others that came in for day.   Even Wayne (TXGABOY) showed up as we were leaving today.
You had your choice between Billville and Showville.  Took a nice leasurely ride Saturday.  Burgers were good but waited way too long.  The weather was good, saw 4 or 5 moons Friday night.  Saw some baby melons Saturday night.  Hookem got waxed.
Learned quite a few new phrases... Some repeatable and some not. 
Too all a good night.
Shut your pie whole.
And see you next year.

oh and more thing...we have pictures  ;D

Just to expand a little on geri's post, saturdays ride was great right up until I managed to somehow get bug guts under my glasses and into my eye. food was good but not an hour and a half good. :o Got to see Trent(could-be-faster) mow some grass on our way back to camp. :o I was also shown by Brent(brentos) how to quickly "tumble" dry a tent. :o ;D We all found out RD possesed ninja like skills when he attacked Steve(sgtstever) out of the darkness! 8) ;D Had a brief appearance from the legendary "Vanilla Ice" or "The Great Deer Hunter" which ever you prefer. Somebody made a feeble attempt to "paper towel" Kenny's(VTreX) camper. ::) I want to thank Tom for being my "Jousting Buck Rogers", we should've won that event--stupid sideways mounted ring!!! I would also like to thank Snake for the saturday night "Bead" show and to Vanessa for supplying Snake with those precious beads. You know Snake, I had no idea how well beads could be attached to ladies underwear, thank you for that!!!! ;D :D ;D The "nick-naming" event was fun as well or it was fun until I was somehow referenced with Jack-in-the-box, damnit! O0  I'll post up some pics soon, the decent ones that is. 
here are some other notable phrases:
apples to cherries
thats a huge Buck Rogers

In all seriousness though, it's the times like these that make it all worth while.
Thank you to everyone that came out and made it what it was and thanks to Kenny(VTreX) for keeping it going. O0 8)

See ya next year!

C-CAW C-CAW!! 

It will be at Lake Belton, at Cedar Ridge Park, in the Turkey Roost Group Camp Area, next year in March... the weekend before St. Patties Day.... 

Directions:Take hiway 36 going west out of Temple toward Gatesville. After you cross hiway 317 go 1.3 miles. Turn west on Moffet just before the Exxon station. After 0.3 miles turn left on Cedar Ridge Park Rd Go 1.3 miles to park.
 Kenny makes a hell of a breakfast!  We usually eat supper out...but if you wanted to volunteer to cook...
Seriously, it is a do as you want type thing...you wanna' take one of the rides...take one, wanna kick back and relax instead... do it. Play Frisbee, horeshoes, volleyball, badmiton, or just knock some back and bullshit with the boys. If you want to go with a group for dinner, there usually is someone going. Want to cook your own, just do it. We could all get together and cook up some camp type dinner real easy.  It has nice bathrooms for a campsite to recycle in, too!   The showers are ok too.  There are picnic tables scattered about, and the pavillion is full of em, I'd suggest bringing one of the fold up chairs to circle the campfire with. Just a few miles from Temple/belton.

Hope this helps and doesn't confuse/scare off anyone.

« Last Edit: January 27, 2009, 08:45:44 AM by snake »
:ohwow: signed: A reality-challenged left wingnut!
     420! Yeah, baby!

sgtstever

• Master Tejano Rider
  • BOHICA
« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2009, 06:12:27 AM »

If things go like they are supposed to go, i should be there............ :flag:
"Si vis pacem, para bellum"

snake

• What a ride it's been!
« Reply #14 on: January 27, 2009, 08:06:47 AM »

Stevers, RD's been missing for awhile...Who's that behind you.... Ckaw, ckaw!! :ohwow:
 Cmon back bro, been too long.
:ohwow: signed: A reality-challenged left wingnut!
     420! Yeah, baby!

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal