Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Arkansas Cancelled?  (Read 5155 times)

Rocket67

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Legend In My Own Mind
Arkansas Cancelled?
« on: October 07, 2014, 08:24:33 AM »

I am assuming that pretty much everyone has backed out on the Arkansas trip.  I am with Paul on the point that it's a long way to ride to get rained on for 4 days.  I am sure everyone is with Paul on that and if not I don't want to be your friend.  So, I am booking a room today at the Knights Inn on the Beach in Corpus for Friday and Saturday.  There is a Rally and lots of rooms available.  This one in paticular has a 3.3 out of 5 stars and is only $67/night for 2 queens.  They have 4 rooms available on the website right now.  More rooms for single King if you want to be solo or share the bed.  I don't know where I will ride or what I will do but there are bars within walking distance and the Rally is 2.2 miles from the Hotel so.....walking distance?  C'mon, Chibs and Bobby will be there!!!  We all have the time off and were planning on riding, lets at least leave some rubber on the highways this weekend. 

Posting in the Rides Section. 
-Scott
2019 FLHXS

snake

• Master of Monumental Proportions
  • What a ride it's been!
Re: Arkansas Cancelled?
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2014, 02:09:03 PM »

Arkansas isn't cancelled, except for those not wanting to come. The rest of us will be there.

SSSSSsssssnake
:ohwow: signed: A reality-challenged left wingnut!
     420! Yeah, baby!

Gumbo

• Board
  • Elvis
  • 06 1800R
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2014, 04:41:42 PM »

Arkansas isn't cancelled, except for those not wanting to come. The rest of us will be there.

SSSSSsssssnake

Enjoy the room and the rain, would have loved to make the trip. Be safe and ride hard.  :bikerider:
\"The moment you taste it, something wet and dark leaps on you and starts humping you like a swamp dog in heat, and the only way to get it off you is to eat it off, It\'s Gumbo!! If you don\'t eat it then the mystery beast will go right on humping you.

paperpeddler

• Old Timer
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2014, 08:24:43 PM »

Hey Snake glad to see the rain don't bother you.  I am still in just hope i don't have to ride alone , wher can we meet.

Paperpeddler

snake

• What a ride it's been!
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2014, 05:59:50 AM »

Are you still riding up with J&J? I'm now planning on meeting Carl and Rene' on the way there to at least go up partway for a meetup at the talimena pkwy. My cell 903-244-1651

SSSSSssssssnake
     420! Yeah, baby!

Rocket67

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Legend In My Own Mind
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2014, 09:56:38 AM »

Glad to see some are still going.  I might have made the trip if more didn't drop out from down here but I understand.  Riding in the rain is not that bad but planning to ride in the rain is insanity.  Expecially with a 10 hour trek back home on a Sunday...in the rain. 
-Scott
2019 FLHXS

snake

• What a ride it's been!
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2014, 10:57:27 AM »

To me there are two degrees of wet, crotch and socks still dry, or both wet. With eighty degree weather, both are tolerable, but with dry crotch and socks, you can ride till dry and still be comfy.
In fifty degree weather, only way to ride is with a rainsuit on. I had a rainsuit I bought and carried for four years, finally, leaving McAlester OK to come back to Texas in the midst of the worst rain imaginable, I put it on before leaving OK. I found out the first couple of miles, it had air holes under the arms and under the cross piece on the chest. Four years I never used it when it rained till I needed it that time and then found out it was a stand around type rainsuit... got soaked. Go figure.

SSSSSsssssnake
     420! Yeah, baby!

Gumbo

• Board
  • Elvis
  • 06 1800R
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2014, 02:42:24 PM »

Yup I found their not quite I would expect, I've tried em all. Still ya gonna get wet some whereas.
Yall be safe, have fun and post some pics.
\"The moment you taste it, something wet and dark leaps on you and starts humping you like a swamp dog in heat, and the only way to get it off you is to eat it off, It\'s Gumbo!! If you don\'t eat it then the mystery beast will go right on humping you.

hooter

• Itasca (just North of Hillsboro on sceanic I-35W)
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2014, 07:25:58 PM »

Yup I found their not quite I would expect, I've tried em all. Still ya gonna get wet some whereas.
Yall be safe, have fun and post some pics.

Let me tell you something about rain suits. I got one at Wal-mart about 5 - 6 years ago, paid maybe 20 bucks and I haven't gotten wet with that suit yet! It's a gray, baggy, top and bottom, with velcro on the sleeves, neck and legs, zipper on the front with flap that velcro's also. It has a hood that I've never used except for standing around. I can't describe the monsoon's and hail storms I've riden thru, just had to be there, but only thing that was wet was my feet because my boots were soaked. I use the top as a wind breaker when it's cool and is a God send. Thanks Wal-mart! 
What I do today is very important because
I traded a day of my life for it.

Whatever you want to do, do it now.
  There are only so many tomorrows.

paperpeddler

• Old Timer
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2014, 07:55:32 PM »

Not everyone decided to stay home.  Some are still riding!!!!!

hooter

• Itasca (just North of Hillsboro on sceanic I-35W)
« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2014, 10:04:03 PM »

Not everyone decided to stay home.  Some are still riding!!!!!

Earl if I had of had the finanical means a while back and said I was going, then you would have been following my tail light little buddy, rain or no rain. Some of us ride. I'm really surprized Gumbo gave up the ghost and isn't making it. Did you notice the Hardly group didn't want to come out and play?  :violin:   :boxing: :boxing:
What I do today is very important because
I traded a day of my life for it.

Whatever you want to do, do it now.
  There are only so many tomorrows.

Rocket67

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Legend In My Own Mind
« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2014, 06:45:40 AM »

Hope you guys have a great ride and miss all the rain.  I have so much work piling up probably good I am only taking one day off but I really want to go back to Arkansas.  Maybe next trip we can plan a 5 day and stay in Eureka Springs.  There are serveral "biker friendly" places to stay and the ones that aren't designated as biker friendly are still biker friendly.  The one we stayed at in July laid a towel on every bike to wipe up the dew when we got up.  That was service!!  We lost a rider though....roaches carried him away in the night.  That is why I gave the hotel only 4 stars on Yelp.   :thumbup:
-Scott
2019 FLHXS

Saltrider

• Rider
« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2014, 07:39:02 AM »

Earl if I had of had the finanical means a while back and said I was going, then you would have been following my tail light little buddy, rain or no rain. Some of us ride. I'm really surprized Gumbo gave up the ghost and isn't making it. Did you notice the Hardly group didn't want to come out and play?  :violin:   :boxing: :boxing:

The "Hardly" group huh?  I have always wondered why you "Non-Hardly" groups spend so much time and effort to make your bikes look and sound like a "Hardly" and still fall short.  Just sayin'!  Don't let your pride get in the way of graduating from your training wheels. :couch: :boxing: :stickpoke:
"If you can't have fun with it, why bother"
"Life is too short to sweat the small stuff"

2012 Yamaha Raider
2014 Ultra Limited

Rocket67

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Legend In My Own Mind
« Reply #13 on: October 09, 2014, 10:22:30 AM »

The "Hardly" group huh?  I have always wondered why you "Non-Hardly" groups spend so much time and effort to make your bikes look and sound like a "Hardly" and still fall short.  Just sayin'!  Don't let your pride get in the way of graduating from your training wheels. :couch: :boxing: :stickpoke:

Hey now, don't forget where you are....TexasXRiders.com.  If they wanted Hardleys they would have bought them.  Just sayin...

-Scott
2019 FLHXS

Saltrider

• Rider
« Reply #14 on: October 09, 2014, 01:59:58 PM »

Hey now, don't forget where you are....TexasXRiders.com.  If they wanted Hardleys they would have bought them.  Just sayin...

Then don't poke on me for what I ride then!  Just sayin'.  BTW, whose side are you on anyhow.  You graduated!
"If you can't have fun with it, why bother"
"Life is too short to sweat the small stuff"

2012 Yamaha Raider
2014 Ultra Limited
Pages: [1] 2 3

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal