Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Do you have what it takes HokaHey Challenge  (Read 5613 times)

Dusty

Re: Do you have what it takes HokaHey Challenge
« Reply #15 on: November 08, 2010, 02:00:10 PM »

I wouldn't mind attempting to make such ride, just not under their rules and not on a deadline. If I'm going to go to all those places, I want to see them. I read the terms and conditions. All 13 pages. You are their Buck Rogers at your expense. The million dollars is the total prize package. I don't need another shirt, LOL!

Believe it or not Bobby, I did run cross country in high school and actually placed 4th in the mile once in a 5A district meet. I loved to run. I would run at school and then go home and run some more. Same thing after football practice. I use to do air raids in my neighbors pasture. He didn't have cows. Sucks to dive on a patty. I did them the right way too. I landed on my chest and stomach. The more it hurt, the more I liked it.  :boxing: If I had it to do all over again, I would be in the band and learn every instrument I could.

If you see me running these days, I would advise you to start running with me, because there is something really really bad coming.  :c   ;D

jmdaniel

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • My other toy, '77 FJ40...
« Reply #16 on: November 08, 2010, 02:01:56 PM »

If you see me running these days, I would advise you to start running with me, because there is something really really bad coming.  :c   ;D

:rofl: :good:
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."
-- Unknown

2016 Honda F6B Deluxe
2007 Yamaha FJR1300A
2003 Honda VTX 1300

beaux43

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • "Punxher"
« Reply #17 on: November 08, 2010, 03:00:10 PM »

No chit Dusty...if we are both running, then either we are "Chicken Littles" or our names are in the Obituaries! 
'03 1800R
'08 GL1800 GoldWing

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally wornout, shouting..."What a Ride!"

KCAMERON007

• Old Timer
  • 2006 1300S
« Reply #18 on: December 05, 2010, 08:25:42 PM »

Long rides are cool...planned properly....Me and my brother went to St. Louis for Thanksgiving....instead of boring freeways we followed the GPS...talk about a different ride...mountains, backroads, even a oldtime ferry across the Mississippi...pic attached...
KC     Kenny 
VTX-1300S

Ride hard, or stay home !!
(Peter Fonda, in "The Wild Hogs")

larry_357

• Texas X Rider OverLord
« Reply #19 on: December 05, 2010, 08:32:16 PM »

Talked to a guy a few days ago that did the one from Key West,Fla. to Nome ,Alaska did it in 10 days and said the first few days getting out of Fla. was the worst.Woule he do it again....yes but not for a lone time said he learned alot about the people along the way and his self.
Alvin,Texas
Pages: 1 [2]

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal