Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Chicot State Park in Ville Platte  (Read 4141 times)

Gumbo

• Board
  • Elvis
  • 06 1800R
Chicot State Park in Ville Platte
« on: May 03, 2010, 11:22:16 AM »

Such a good time was had by all at the Crawfish festival, the LA guys are proposing a camp out at Chicot State Park in Ville Platte next year, someplace close to Fred's. That way, we can spend a longer time enjoying the atmosphere. David (Mulla) says == I can bring my Jambalaya Pot and when we get back from Fred's we can cook us up a good Pork and Sausage Jambalaya while drinking a few and telling stories. That will be a blast!

I am in for this  :lunch: :lunch: :thumbup: I'll bring a pig  :c :c
If we can generate some interest I'll make sure this keeps getting brought up from time to time.  :pot:
\"The moment you taste it, something wet and dark leaps on you and starts humping you like a swamp dog in heat, and the only way to get it off you is to eat it off, It\'s Gumbo!! If you don\'t eat it then the mystery beast will go right on humping you.

Lucky

• Board
  • Elvis
  • Canyon Lake, TX
    • Facebook
Re: Chicot State Park in Ville Platte
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2010, 11:38:11 AM »

Definitely sounds like something to put on the calendar
"Lucky" Connie
'06 Pearl Dark Blue 1300C
If you don't love what you're doing, then don't do it.
Your chances of success are directly proportional to the degree of pleasure you derive from what you do.

xcaliber

• Board
  • Elvis
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2010, 01:57:50 PM »

you know I be deah, them Cajuns rubbin'off on me.
It's all just part of the adventure!

Gumbo

• Board
  • Elvis
  • 06 1800R
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2010, 02:57:03 PM »

I'll be in touch with Mulla, and get a date set then post it from time to time  :thumbup: :thumbup:
Ems some good folks  :)
\"The moment you taste it, something wet and dark leaps on you and starts humping you like a swamp dog in heat, and the only way to get it off you is to eat it off, It\'s Gumbo!! If you don\'t eat it then the mystery beast will go right on humping you.

kajunkruzer

• Tejano
  • Breaux Bridge, la
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2010, 03:25:13 PM »

Sounds like a plan to me, Chicot is really a great park, and from what I understand there is some good riding north and west of Ville Platte. Lori and I will definitely be there!!!! Well, just as long as y'all don't bring along any of those women from those pics I've seen floating around :hurl: Sadly, that is a common sight 'round these parts when the weather gets warm.
Hers:'03 VTX 1800 Trike
Mine:'09 Streetglide

Gumbo

• Board
  • Elvis
  • 06 1800R
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2010, 03:32:14 PM »

Sounds like a plan to me, Chicot is really a great park, and from what I understand there is some good riding north and west of Ville Platte. Lori and I will definitely be there!!!! Well, just as long as y'all don't bring along any of those women from those pics I've seen floating around :hurl: Sadly, that is a common sight 'round these parts when the weather gets warm.

Outstanding, enjoyed the show   :t :t Every bit of it.

Oh so you saw the pictures,  :banghead: :banghead:

Gumbo

• Board
  • Elvis
  • 06 1800R
« Last Edit: May 03, 2010, 03:48:10 PM by Gumbo »

VTreX

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Rubythroatedhumming VT-reX Temple TX
    • http://www.patriotguard.org/photos/listpics.asp?a=show&ID=395
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2010, 08:21:50 PM »

:c.   Did anyone see tomcat????   I did not get to say good by at BBT.     If all goes well how many can camp at this park????     Ride safe ride long.    
03-C U-green It is neither those in the round nor the square that reach the top, but those in the spiral.... Now have added a red ''07 Gold Wing with everything except an AIRBAG!!  SOLD THE WING  SAD DAY!!

Gumbo

• Board
  • Elvis
  • 06 1800R
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2010, 08:47:43 PM »

:c.   Did anyone see tomcat????   I did not get to say good by at BBT.     If all goes well how many can camp at this park????     Ride safe ride long.    

Yes I did run into Tomcat  :ohwow: Surprised the heck out of me  :ohwow: Him and his wife -- great gal. I will have more details as they develop -- I am thinking from what I have seen if we book in the off season right before hunting season we should have full access to the park. Waiting on the LA group to give me a date, should get back with me after next weekend.
I'll bump this ever so often as things progress.  :thumbup: 

xcaliber

• Board
  • Elvis
« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2010, 06:13:24 AM »

Just not back to back to BBT, two weekends in a row of fun nearly killed me, but it wuz sum fun!
It's all just part of the adventure!

beaux43

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • "Punxher"
« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2010, 12:45:44 PM »

Gumbo...what do you mean by Hunting Season?  Heck, every month in and around Mamou starts with a new hunting season.  Shoot,the Mamou school's let their kids out for the opening of squirrel season, twice a year.    :thumbup:
So, you see why we may need some clarification on Hunting Season!     :c
'03 1800R
'08 GL1800 GoldWing

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally wornout, shouting..."What a Ride!"

Gumbo

• Board
  • Elvis
  • 06 1800R
« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2010, 12:47:52 PM »

Gumbo...what do you mean by Hunting Season?  Heck, every month in and around Mamou starts with a new hunting season.  Shoot,the Mamou school's let their kids out for the opening of squirrel season, twice a year.    :thumbup:
So, you see why we may need some clarification on Hunting Season!     :c

I'll get that straighten up for you sometime this week.  :thumbup: :thumbup:

paperpeddler

• Old Timer
« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2010, 09:51:41 PM »

Hey Larry, lets try to get it scheduled for a couple weeks later than the BBT or a month.  That way maybe I can make it this time.

Earl

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal