Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Question  (Read 1541 times)

Tweetys_Revenge

• Old Timer
Question
« on: January 16, 2010, 09:29:36 PM »

I want to do a ride From Rowlett/Dallas Tx to Hot Springs Ar.  but I want to do back roads has anyone done this?

RocknRoll

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Kingwood, TX
Re: Question
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2010, 10:40:08 AM »

Been centuries since I was up there but suggest you head to SW Oklahoma.  Hugo/McAlister area then cut east toward Mena, AR.  Hwy 3 I think.  A lot of the SW Oklahoma area is good riding.  The Talamina run from OK to AR is good.  From Mena, AR your choice of roads to Hot Springs.  Don't know how much time you have but you should have a good run.  Have fun!
Wanna make God laugh?  -  Tell him your plans!

Wanna make God angry?  -  Treat Him with indifference!

Gumbo

• Board
  • Elvis
  • 06 1800R
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2010, 11:07:43 AM »

:agree: +1 on that route, Talimena is a great ride, might want to investigate http://www.queenwilhelmina.com/ ride up stay here then continue your ride, be sure if you have the chance to do the pig trail State Highway
23 and hwy 7  :bikerider: :bikerider: :bikerider:

Enjoy your ride
\"The moment you taste it, something wet and dark leaps on you and starts humping you like a swamp dog in heat, and the only way to get it off you is to eat it off, It\'s Gumbo!! If you don\'t eat it then the mystery beast will go right on humping you.

wpxrider

• Old Timer
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2010, 01:16:12 PM »

Talimena drive is good. Have done 88 out of Mena to 270 into Hot Springs. Or 270 out of Y city north of Mena. Good scenery, twisties, sweeps, and straights.
If you stay overnight in Mena this is a nice place to stay and not real expensive. http://www.menamtntopmotelcabins.com/
« Last Edit: January 17, 2010, 01:38:35 PM by wpxrider »

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal