Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 108 109 [110] 111 112 ... 142

Author Topic: DFW X-RIDERS  (Read 222928 times)

studdog

• Old Timer
  • Semper Fi
Re: DFW X-RIDERS
« Reply #1635 on: July 30, 2007, 08:03:42 PM »

Funny you should mention Athens.  We were within a few miles last Saturday on the way to Richland Chambers.  We took 175 almost all the way down.  But we went down the West side of Cedar Creek Lake.  Pretty ridin down that way.  The jury's out for us this Sunday.  Gotta git tires.  Front is plum smooth on the left.  I was pretty nervous about it last weekend.  Fixin to go to the dark side but lookin for a good buy on a Metzler for the front.  Any suggestions welcome.  I'm fixin to pull the trigger on it in a couple days.
BJ & Miss Angela

'05 VTX 1800C-Darkside-110 CI of rompin', stompin', hellfire and damnation

hooter

• Master of Monumental Proportions
  • Itasca (just North of Hillsboro on sceanic I-35W)
« Reply #1636 on: July 30, 2007, 08:20:41 PM »

Funny you should mention Athens.  We were within a few miles last Saturday on the way to Richland Chambers.  We took 175 almost all the way down.  But we went down the West side of Cedar Creek Lake.  Pretty ridin down that way.  The jury's out for us this Sunday.  Gotta git tires.  Front is plum smooth on the left.  I was pretty nervous about it last weekend.  Fixin to go to the dark side but lookin for a good buy on a Metzler for the front.  Any suggestions welcome.  I'm fixin to pull the trigger on it in a couple days.

Bj - I buy my tires thru these people outa Arizona. Just bought somemore Avons to have hanging around and they drop shipped then to me from a warehouse there in Ft. Worth. Had them the next day. Prices are the best I've found so far also

http://arizonamoto.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=SWMT&Category_Code=MTCYTIRES
What I do today is very important because
I traded a day of my life for it.

Whatever you want to do, do it now.
  There are only so many tomorrows.

studdog

• Old Timer
  • Semper Fi
« Reply #1637 on: July 30, 2007, 08:26:30 PM »

Bj - I buy my tires thru these people outa Arizona. Just bought somemore Avons to have hanging around and they drop shipped then to me from a warehouse there in Ft. Worth. Had them the next day. Prices are the best I've found so far also

http://arizonamoto.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=SWMT&Category_Code=MTCYTIRES

Thanks Al.  I'll give them a look.  I was considering the Avons as well.  How do you like them?
BJ & Miss Angela

hooter

« Reply #1638 on: July 30, 2007, 08:31:08 PM »

Thanks Al.  I'll give them a look.  I was considering the Avons as well.  How do you like them?

I love'um  O0 Metz is a real good tire too from what I hear. Check these people out, they got'um all at good rates.

studdog

• Old Timer
  • Semper Fi
« Reply #1639 on: July 30, 2007, 08:34:33 PM »

I love'um  O0 Metz is a real good tire too from what I hear. Check these people out, they got'um all at good rates.

Already took a look.  No shipping with two tires.  Can't beat that.  I'll have to have them mounted.  Know anyone that doesn't gouge you too bad if you walk in with two tires you didn't buy from them?  I can't do it myself and it seems like a dealer wouldn't look kindly on it.
BJ & Miss Angela

hooter

« Reply #1640 on: July 30, 2007, 08:41:11 PM »

They don't care if you buy them from them or not. There's a shop down in this end of the world and the guy charges 25 front and 45 rear, balances and does a pretty fair job. Who ever does it, just make sure they re-lube your drive splines with Moly Lube, some use moly grease and it's not the same.

studdog

• Old Timer
  • Semper Fi
« Reply #1641 on: July 30, 2007, 08:46:19 PM »

They don't care if you buy them from them or not. There's a shop down in this end of the world and the guy charges 25 front and 45 rear, balances and does a pretty fair job. Who ever does it, just make sure they re-lube your drive splines with Moly Lube, some use moly grease and it's not the same.

Sounds like the right price again.  Al Lamb wants 49.00 each.  What kind of miles you get on those Avons?
BJ & Miss Angela

hooter

« Reply #1642 on: July 30, 2007, 08:50:17 PM »

I got 12K on this set, you looked at them at Strokers the other day and I've still got miles to run. I got these new ones just in case the moola ain't around when time comes to replace.

icemanhail

• Master Tejano Rider
« Reply #1643 on: August 03, 2007, 08:02:32 AM »

I know we have a million posts going on right now but I thought I better post on this thread as well.  I am still planning on going to Athens, Tx Sunday.  Anyone want to ride let me know.  I won't be near a computer but here are my phone numbers. 972-989-0133 (personal cell) and 214-232-0353 (work cell).  I'm thinking breakfast Sunday morning somewhere and then lunch in Athens or on the road.

-Iceman

hooter

« Reply #1644 on: August 03, 2007, 08:13:26 AM »

I posted in another somewhere, I think it was iluvink's and was thinkin about meeting up with ya'll Sunday in Athens. Big maybe at the moment, Hobo chimed in and said to give him a ring if I headed that way. How many from Big D headed out with ya?

hobo

• Board
  • Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Cedar Creek Lake
    • westcherry.com
« Reply #1645 on: August 03, 2007, 03:22:56 PM »

I'll meet up with you guys in, (or near), Athens.

Hooter, if you want to come over a little early, I know a good little place in Malakoff where we could do breakfast and ride a while before the DFW gang gets here.

Iceman, there's a place about a block or two away from the scuba park called the Athens Cafe at a little strip center at Hwy 31 and Murchison. Good food and there's a private club inside, so the first one there springs for the $3 membership and we can have beer(s).  :)

Hope to see you guys this weekend. My cell # is 903-880-7553
« Last Edit: August 03, 2007, 03:30:08 PM by hobo »
My 2003 1800C lives at the shores of Cedar Creek Lake in Mabank, Texas
Don't make me get nekkid!... Smell The Bumper... I got my cookies!

hooter

« Reply #1646 on: August 05, 2007, 06:46:00 PM »

Brad-Ice-Hobo. good to see yawl again and had a good day.

Here ya go Brad

hobo

• Board
  • Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Cedar Creek Lake
    • westcherry.com
« Reply #1647 on: August 05, 2007, 07:23:29 PM »

Brad-Ice-Hobo. good to see yawl again and had a good day.

My pleasure. I'll post the time and date of the "get together" and Honey's Oasis when I get the info.
My 2003 1800C lives at the shores of Cedar Creek Lake in Mabank, Texas
Don't make me get nekkid!... Smell The Bumper... I got my cookies!

SouthernXer

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • BRAD Allen, Texas
    • Me playing music
« Reply #1648 on: August 05, 2007, 08:04:04 PM »

Nice ride today guys.  I had a great time.  Hobo, it was nice to meet you!  O0

jgann3375

• Tejano
« Reply #1649 on: August 06, 2007, 12:41:28 PM »

New to the area and new to VTX but would like info on some rides if ya'll feel like sharing
It is not the destination that matters it is the trip to the destination
Pages: 1 ... 108 109 [110] 111 112 ... 142

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal