Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 142

Author Topic: DFW X-RIDERS  (Read 223028 times)

rod181

• Master Tejano Rider
  • Dallas, TX
Re: DFW X-RIDERS
« Reply #60 on: July 10, 2006, 08:57:37 PM »

Well I posted a thread for the North texas rock rally tickets at hooters end on july 17th so I hope we can get together and ride up there its only a thirty minute ride from dowtown dallas. See Ya  O0
WORK HARD!!! PARTY HARD!!!!

icemanhail

• Master Tejano Rider
« Reply #61 on: July 11, 2006, 09:45:52 PM »

Placed a reply on your NTRR post Rod but wanted to place it here as well.  I know you won't be in town this weekend for Duke's on Sunday but we'll make final arrangements as where to meet for the ride down to the NTRR.  Later!

jwoolf

« Reply #62 on: July 13, 2006, 03:06:45 PM »

Did you get your V&H, iceman?

I just got a set of ThunderMonster baffles from Jim (jam57) that he wasn't going to use and put them on my bike. 

Thanks, Jim!  They sound great!  I had to take a long ride yesterday after getting them installed.

rod181

• Master Tejano Rider
  • Dallas, TX
« Reply #63 on: July 13, 2006, 04:24:25 PM »

so joe how much louder do ur pipes sound now ?

icemanhail

• Master Tejano Rider
« Reply #64 on: July 13, 2006, 09:06:53 PM »

They didn't come in yet.  Hopefully they will arrive tomorrow at work.  I'll try to get them on by Sunday.

rod181

• Master Tejano Rider
  • Dallas, TX
« Reply #65 on: July 14, 2006, 12:43:12 AM »

They didn't come in yet.  Hopefully they will arrive tomorrow at work.  I'll try to get them on by Sunday.
i hope so i saw ur trying to reve up that engine while we were on the ride lol

icemanhail

• Master Tejano Rider
« Reply #66 on: July 14, 2006, 06:13:03 AM »

Laugh it up Rod, it will be sounding good by this weekend.  I have been the only one in the office all week, working my !^&(#@!( off and furthermore, I am packing to move in a couple of weeks, so I will definitely be ready for a cold beer come Sunday noontime. 

jwoolf

« Reply #67 on: July 14, 2006, 09:11:17 AM »

The pipes are a LOT louder.  Not as loud as the old Sampsons used to be though.  Very deep sounding and, I'm back to setting car alarms off again but hey, tough AppleSauce.  O0

They're about 95% as loud as open pipes but, they give the backpressure you need to keep the ponies you get with the new pipes.  The bike is a little quiter when at idle than the Sampsons but, I had no baffles in those at all.  LOL

It definately has a GROOOOWWWL that it didn't have with the stock baffles.  I'm very happy with them.

Iceman, give me a call if you need an extra pair of hands getting those bigshots on.  ( Hey, we can take your baffles out too just to piss off Rod )  ;D :P

What you need to do next is de-smog.  You are probably going to get some popping for a while till the ECM adjusts to the new pipes and, after de-smogging you'll probably get rid of most of the rest of the popping.  I believe, someone correct me if I'm wrong but, I think the ECM will take somewhere around 12hrs of riding to adjust completely.

icemanhail

• Master Tejano Rider
« Reply #68 on: July 14, 2006, 12:31:49 PM »

Clear on the ECM and the popping.  I was wondering about that.  The exhaust arrive today.  I plan on getting into the garage after work and at least the stock pipes off.  Then I can get busy on the installation of the new ones after lunch on Saturday.  I have to work Saturday morning for about five hours.  I might be calling you JWoolf if I get in a bind and need those extra pair of hands.

Thanks!

icemanhail

• Master Tejano Rider
« Reply #69 on: July 14, 2006, 12:35:54 PM »

I promised someone I work with that I would post this event:

SATURDAY, AUGUST 12, 2006
RIDE FOR THE KIDS CHARITY EVENT AND RUN
4050 CHOPHOUSE - 4050 BELTLINE RD. ADDISON, TEXAS
POKER RUN 10AM - LAST BIKE OUT AT 11AM
4PM RETURN AND THEN THE PARTY STARTS
FOOD/DRINK/BIKE GAMES/DRAWINGS/ BIKINI BIKE WASH/VENDORS/LIVE MUSIC!
$15.00 FOR POKER RUN
ALL PROCEDES BENEFIT:  COLLIN COUNTY CHILDREN'S ADVOCACY CENTER

icemanhail

• Master Tejano Rider
« Reply #70 on: July 14, 2006, 12:38:07 PM »

HEY JWoolf & Rod181,

Anyone planning on going to the statewide meet at Temple, Texas?  Might be a run we have to do Saturday and then just come back late.  Any thoughts??????

jwoolf

« Reply #71 on: July 14, 2006, 01:06:07 PM »

I'd really like to do the statewide event that way.  I have two dogs I'd have to board if I don't return in the evening so, that'd be better for me.

On the exhaust, I've probably told you already but, the trick is to just put the back jug's exhaust port in but not to bolt it.  ( just get the pipe into the port area )  then pick the back of the pipes up about 10-12" above the swingarm.  This will move the front pipe BELOW the front jug.  You work the front pipe into the exhaust port from underneath instead of trying to stretch it around the jug.

Also, leaking exhaust ports can sound like tapping valves so, keep that in mind.

You can probably install them yourself if you know that going in.  If you need extra hands, let me know.  After I figured out how to install them, it took me all of about 10mins once the old pipes were off.

rod181

• Master Tejano Rider
  • Dallas, TX
« Reply #72 on: July 14, 2006, 04:29:51 PM »

HEY JWoolf & Rod181,

Anyone planning on going to the statewide meet at Temple, Texas?  Might be a run we have to do Saturday and then just come back late.  Any thoughts??????
I plan on going its about a 2 hour ride i think but i have to double check but yes I will be going.

rod181

• Master Tejano Rider
  • Dallas, TX
« Reply #73 on: July 14, 2006, 04:34:26 PM »

I will try to there on sunday i might be late though but keep ur cells handy to see wre u guys are at cause i should be getting back into towna around 1 or 2 pm

rod181

• Master Tejano Rider
  • Dallas, TX
« Reply #74 on: July 14, 2006, 04:57:07 PM »

The pipes are a LOT louder.  Not as loud as the old Sampsons used to be though.  Very deep sounding and, I'm back to setting car alarms off again but hey, tough AppleSauce.  O0

They're about 95% as loud as open pipes but, they give the backpressure you need to keep the ponies you get with the new pipes.  The bike is a little quiter when at idle than the Sampsons but, I had no baffles in those at all.  LOL

It definately has a GROOOOWWWL that it didn't have with the stock baffles.  I'm very happy with them.

Iceman, give me a call if you need an extra pair of hands getting those bigshots on.  ( Hey, we can take your baffles out too just to piss off Rod )  ;D :P

What you need to do next is de-smog.  You are probably going to get some popping for a while till the ECM adjusts to the new pipes and, after de-smogging you'll probably get rid of most of the rest of the popping.  I believe, someone correct me if I'm wrong but, I think the ECM will take somewhere around 12hrs of riding to adjust completely.
hey i never get angry or pisssed i just get louder lol  O0
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 142

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal