Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Mulla and wife are hurt.  (Read 4889 times)

Gumbo

• Board
  • Elvis
  • 06 1800R
Re: Mulla and wife are hurt.
« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2015, 04:13:58 PM »

Praying for quick recovery for you both David, give a shout if your in need of anything.
\"The moment you taste it, something wet and dark leaps on you and starts humping you like a swamp dog in heat, and the only way to get it off you is to eat it off, It\'s Gumbo!! If you don\'t eat it then the mystery beast will go right on humping you.

hooter

• Master of Monumental Proportions
  • Itasca (just North of Hillsboro on sceanic I-35W)
« Reply #16 on: April 26, 2015, 04:20:05 PM »

Hated that you two were hurt , David, but was relieved to see you back on your feet. Rest easy heal quick.

That's a double Ditto my good friends!!   :c
What I do today is very important because
I traded a day of my life for it.

Whatever you want to do, do it now.
  There are only so many tomorrows.

Rocket67

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Legend In My Own Mind
« Reply #17 on: April 27, 2015, 07:05:59 AM »

Sounds like you need softer handlebars.  Glad you guys are ok and great job scrubbing speed, definitely helps.  Would have like to meet a few more regulars this weekend at the TexasXRiders Bar and Grill. 
-Scott
2019 FLHXS

Mulla

• Rider
« Reply #18 on: May 01, 2015, 08:51:47 PM »

Just giving an update on our status....we both been to our respective Drs. at home for follow up treatment.

While Kim didn't sustain as severe injuries as me, she seems to be hurting much more than me. Her left side and back is one large deep dark bruise with a large lump on her left hip. I have never heard her moan so much as I have had heard her in the last week and believe me, I've had her moaning many times.  Good news is her doctor said all pain should subside within the next three weeks but the 'hip lump' may linger a little longer. He said her prognosis is for 100% recovery. Bad news is, I think I lost my riding partner, she told me this accident scare the life out of her and she doesn't want to go through or put our kids through this again so, she is giving up riding.  While it upsets me to know I lost my riding partner, I respect her decision because it hurts me knowing I hurt her.

I, on the other hand, am doing remarkably well considering the head injury I sustained, no head aches or discomfort other than my hand when I forget about my injury and try to use it. I have to say though, I have been staying up with my scheduled dose of pain medication which and I am going to start weaning myself off of them this weekend.  I got out the stitches to my forehead and the nose split removed this morning and get the pins out my hand in another 3 weeks.  I hope to return to work in another 5 weeks when I am allowed to wear glasses again assuming my hand is ready for work.  

« Last Edit: May 01, 2015, 10:06:09 PM by Mulla »

Gumbo

• Board
  • Elvis
  • 06 1800R
« Reply #19 on: May 01, 2015, 09:38:52 PM »

Thanks for the update, hoping for a quick recovery for you both.
Keep in touch  :thumbup:
\"The moment you taste it, something wet and dark leaps on you and starts humping you like a swamp dog in heat, and the only way to get it off you is to eat it off, It\'s Gumbo!! If you don\'t eat it then the mystery beast will go right on humping you.

Chad

• Board
  • Elvis
  • M G, TX.
« Reply #20 on: May 01, 2015, 09:44:23 PM »

Thanks for the update!!

Member since 2004
RIP Torque Dec.18,1975-Apr.29,2009

xcaliber

• Board
  • Elvis
« Reply #21 on: May 02, 2015, 07:16:10 AM »

Glad to hear you and Kim are recovering well. Those side cases I have are yours if you can use them also have a spare wheel if you need it. I should be headed your way in the next few weeks if there is anything I can do for you. Good thing your a hard headed Cajun!  ;D Rest easy my friend and continued prayers for you and your wife.
It's all just part of the adventure!

hooter

• Itasca (just North of Hillsboro on sceanic I-35W)
« Reply #22 on: May 02, 2015, 09:26:31 AM »

Glad to here the good news about the recovery part and a big set of ear plugs will help on Kims moaning alot!!  :t
I'm sorry though that you lost your riding partner out of this deal but maybe with time she may start again on little short trips around the town or something. Let's hope so. Y'all take care and hope the improvements keep coming along!   :c :c
What I do today is very important because
I traded a day of my life for it.

Whatever you want to do, do it now.
  There are only so many tomorrows.

Lucky

• Board
  • Elvis
  • Canyon Lake, TX
    • Facebook
« Reply #23 on: May 02, 2015, 02:28:42 PM »

I am so glad you are healing quickly.  I dropped my bike once and had a huge hematoma on my left hip.  The doc drew out a large amount of blood and it quickly disappeared.

Kudos to you for respecting Kim's decision, but I still hope she will someday develop her confidence in riding again.
"Lucky" Connie
'06 Pearl Dark Blue 1300C
If you don't love what you're doing, then don't do it.
Your chances of success are directly proportional to the degree of pleasure you derive from what you do.

MRVTX

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Magnolia, TX
    • What I do...
« Reply #24 on: May 03, 2015, 09:38:49 PM »

Wow, what an adventure you both had...that is crazy.  Glad you both are healing as well as can be expected.  So I have to ask, did anyone inspect the rear tire yet to find out what caused it to lose pressure so quickly?  You didn't recently get a new tire put on, did you?

matap

• Board
  • "Just put that hammer down and give it hell" -J.R.
« Reply #25 on: May 04, 2015, 08:31:07 AM »

Really glad all are healing up on schedule.  Sorry to hear Kim is still in some pain but at least nothing serious.  I can say there is plenty of non-riding things to do in the Hill Country so when you guys come done next year she'll have plenty to do, plus Ruthy would love to do the shopping thing and visit wineries if Kim wants to do that too. 
"Talk low, talk slow and don't talk too much" - John Wayne

Bobcat Biker

• Board
  • Master Tejano Rider
  • Let's ride...wherever...whenever
« Reply #26 on: May 04, 2015, 09:17:17 AM »

I'm glad the healing process has started and on you are on the way to a full recovery.  I've been thinking alot about your accident and I would feel the same way if something happened to Libby.  If something happened to me...that's one thing.  But with her..different story.  We have had that conversation when we started riding.  We updated our wills the weekend before we left for Fredericksburg a few years back.  It's a morbid thing to think about ...but we assume risk every day.  Even riding in a car or truck.  It's called living...  Libby and I have had those discussions and every year I ask her if she is still comfortable riding with me.
So far it's a go...one day she may say No and I will respect that.
I wish you and Kim well and hope to see you next BBT.
Looking forward to seeing more of your fantastic pics on Facebook or in magazines...

SD
06 VTX 1300R  (sold 10/18/14)
07 VTX 1800R (sold 2/21)
21 Goldwing DCT "Elsa"

Texan... Born and Raised..

Mulla

• Rider
« Reply #27 on: May 04, 2015, 11:10:04 AM »

Thanks Steve,
 You are right, I feel the same way, me getting hurt, no big deal to me, heal up and ride on. Her getting hurt is a game changer. The thing that scared Kim the most, I feel is, she had the wing knocked out of her when she hit the ground and it was something she never experienced before. I think she started to have a panic attack because of it, so she is still reminded of the 'feeling' as her pains and bruises from the accident are still lingering. She is looking and acting better each day, so it won't be long before she is back 100%.

PS. I found some photos not posted from last year and added them to my facebook Photo Page and the flickr site. If you need the link you can find them on my post I made for this years photos.

I don't know what the future holds for next years event but hopefully it's in the stars for us to attend.

Take care

Gumbo

• Board
  • Elvis
  • 06 1800R
« Reply #28 on: May 04, 2015, 06:29:01 PM »

My wife wouldn't get on my bike if I put 500 dollar bills on the back seat, but she says go have your fun.
Good enough for me  ;D ;D ;D

VTXLady53

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • New Caney,TX <>< Member since 2004
    • Marigold's Basic Webs
« Reply #29 on: May 04, 2015, 08:00:38 PM »

Good to hear things are healing as should. Get well soon.

I understand what Kim is feeling. I haven't ridden in 4 yrs. I am just to scared of the vehicles that are roaming on the roads with no drivers.  Too many people texting on their phones to be driving.
Life is too short for drama or petty things, so laugh hard, love truly and forgive quickly. Live While You Are Alive. Forgive now those who made you cry. You might not get a second time.
Pages: 1 [2] 3

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal