Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Bluebonnet Thunder Rally XII - Public Service announcement  (Read 2447 times)

matap

• Board
  • Master of Monumental Proportions
  • "Just put that hammer down and give it hell" -J.R.
Bluebonnet Thunder Rally XII - Public Service announcement
« on: April 15, 2015, 10:40:48 AM »

We are 1 week away from our 12th annual Bluebonnet rally and just wanted to post up a few things before anyone starts heading out. 

-Schedule of events are subject to change without notice but will make our very best attempt to let everyone know.  Either directly or passed on amongst us. 

-I will have copies of the Schedule so everyone has a copy

-Last year registration was mainly done up front of the Pioneer Rv park under porch of the Rec room, however if not there please look for the 'Texas X Riders' banner at a table and you will find the volunteers.   Even if you are not staying at the RV Pioneer park you will need to come see us to register, get your shirt and food pass and any other details that will be provided to you.

-Guided rides are just that - A lead will take you out on a predetermined route.  You are more than welcomed to follow or go on your own leisurely route.  Plenty of X riders will be in the area if assitance is needed.  It is highly likely that we will have to break up the group rides into smaller groups.  Large groups don't travel well on these roads. 

-This year we have an outdoor movie hosted, so if possible and you can fit it in your luggage please bring some folding chairs.  I'm asking a favor from members driving, towing, or trailering....if you have extra foldable chairs please bring them with you.  Tag them with your names to be sure you get them back.  I will be bringing every possible foldable chair I have. 

-Bring cash.  while most of the modern world accepts credit cards or even those paper things you write numbers on that are supposed to represent funds, many places out here do not take anything but good'ole green bills.

-Be careful in Bandera - no speeding and definitely no drinking while riding because you will get pulled over. 

-Recently there was some issues with some residents of Bandera and bikers from Thunder on the River rally in Bandera so please be courteous to the residents and even tourist.  They were there first and will continue to be.

-I can not emphasize this enough.....Ride your own Ride, that means don't feel pressured to take any roads faster than you feel comfortable to or beyond your skill level.  YOU WILL PUT YOUR LIFE AT RISK TO THE POINT OF DEATH AND EVEN THOSE RIDING AROUND YOU.  We want everyone to go back home with pleasent memories and returned safely to their families. 

-Please patronize the local businesses and let them know about us.  They treated us very good last year and some even mentioned they can't wait to have us this year.

-Last but not least.  Let's have a good time....riding, fraternizing, eating, drinking & or whatever makes you happy.  See you there. 
"Talk low, talk slow and don't talk too much" - John Wayne

Bobcat Biker

• Board
  • Master Tejano Rider
  • Let's ride...wherever...whenever
Re: Bluebonnet Thunder Rally XII - Public Service announcement
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2015, 11:11:43 AM »

I'll try to keep Libby under control....but well said Paul.
06 VTX 1300R  (sold 10/18/14)
07 VTX 1800R (sold 2/21)
21 Goldwing DCT "Elsa"

Texan... Born and Raised..

Gumbo

• Board
  • Elvis
  • 06 1800R
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2015, 01:01:08 PM »

I'll try to keep Libby under control....but well said Paul.

I know you have a problem with spanking, just want you to know I'm always there for you :popcorn: ;D
\"The moment you taste it, something wet and dark leaps on you and starts humping you like a swamp dog in heat, and the only way to get it off you is to eat it off, It\'s Gumbo!! If you don\'t eat it then the mystery beast will go right on humping you.

Bobcat Biker

• Board
  • Master Tejano Rider
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2015, 01:41:35 PM »

Damn you Gumbo...
07 VTX 1800R (sold 2/21)
21 Goldwing DCT "Elsa"

Chad

• Board
  • Elvis
  • M G, TX.
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2015, 02:01:11 PM »

:thumbup:
Member since 2004
RIP Torque Dec.18,1975-Apr.29,2009

xcaliber

• Board
  • Elvis
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2015, 04:28:52 PM »

:agree: :agree: :agree: :agree: :agree: :agree: :agree: well said, Prez!
It's all just part of the adventure!

Lucky

• Board
  • Elvis
  • Canyon Lake, TX
    • Facebook
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2015, 05:20:13 PM »

Amen...preach it brother
"Lucky" Connie
'06 Pearl Dark Blue 1300C
If you don't love what you're doing, then don't do it.
Your chances of success are directly proportional to the degree of pleasure you derive from what you do.

Gumbo

• Board
  • Elvis
  • 06 1800R
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2015, 07:45:27 AM »

Damn you Gumbo...

Wouldn't volunteer if I didn't love ya brother  ;D
\"The moment you taste it, something wet and dark leaps on you and starts humping you like a swamp dog in heat, and the only way to get it off you is to eat it off, It\'s Gumbo!! If you don\'t eat it then the mystery beast will go right on humping you.

matap

• Board
  • "Just put that hammer down and give it hell" -J.R.
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2015, 02:52:17 PM »

We are now in the week of our 12th annual BBT.  Just wanted to bring this up to the top
"Talk low, talk slow and don't talk too much" - John Wayne

xcaliber

• Board
  • Elvis
« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2015, 04:54:31 PM »

BBT XII  Troupers of the year !   Steve S  for being Chief cook , grocery getter, poker hand tabulator and a ton of other stuff! oh yeah and a Marine.  Connie  for all of her hard work setting up the poker walk, the biker games, the Saturday nite meal and clean up, the bean bags, the movie screen stuff I can't remember and just generally keeping things stirred up.

BIG OL" THANKS YOU TWO!
It's all just part of the adventure!

Chad

• Board
  • Elvis
  • M G, TX.
« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2015, 05:02:46 PM »

BBT XII  Troupers of the year !   Steve S  for being Chief cook , grocery getter, poker hand tabulator and a ton of other stuff! oh yeah and a Marine.  Connie  for all of her hard work setting up the poker walk, the biker games, the Saturday nite meal and clean up, the bean bags, the movie screen stuff I can't remember and just generally keeping things stirred up.

BIG OL" THANKS YOU TWO!

:thumbup: :thumbup:
Member since 2004
RIP Torque Dec.18,1975-Apr.29,2009

Gumbo

• Board
  • Elvis
  • 06 1800R
« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2015, 05:34:18 PM »

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
3rd that thanks for all you do!!

hooter

• Itasca (just North of Hillsboro on sceanic I-35W)
« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2015, 06:14:59 AM »

:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :c :c
What I do today is very important because
I traded a day of my life for it.

Whatever you want to do, do it now.
  There are only so many tomorrows.

Bobcat Biker

• Board
  • Master Tejano Rider
« Reply #13 on: May 01, 2015, 08:16:20 AM »

Libby and I had a great time...great people, great venue, didn't mind the weather...but all the planning and organization can't be overlooked.  Thanks to all that helped organize as well as participate.  Can't wait for next year...a few of us were talking about a state meet n greet somewhere in the fall. 
07 VTX 1800R (sold 2/21)
21 Goldwing DCT "Elsa"

Lucky

• Board
  • Elvis
  • Canyon Lake, TX
    • Facebook
« Reply #14 on: May 01, 2015, 08:23:49 AM »

Thanks Gary and everyone....yes, there is a lot of planning and prep that goes in, but it is all worthless without the group we have that shows up, participates and has fun.  It was a blast...come on next year.

Steve, a fall ride/event would be cool.  Let us know the details when they develop.
"Lucky" Connie
'06 Pearl Dark Blue 1300C
If you don't love what you're doing, then don't do it.
Your chances of success are directly proportional to the degree of pleasure you derive from what you do.
Pages: [1] 2

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal