Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Ride to Bandera  (Read 532 times)

Rocket67

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Legend In My Own Mind
Ride to Bandera
« on: April 06, 2015, 07:35:46 AM »

Xcaliber's post got me thinking about my ride up to Bandera on Thursday 04/23.  I am definitely throwing in a ride down the "Devils Backbone" but now wondering what is between Houston and Bandera that I can go see.  I don't have a specific time I need to get there on Thursday and would rather spend a few extra hours getting there and see some cool chit.  So, I am about to hit Google and hoping some of the well travelled members on this site will throw in some great suggestions. 
-Scott
2019 FLHXS

matap

• Board
  • Master of Monumental Proportions
  • "Just put that hammer down and give it hell" -J.R.
Re: Ride to Bandera
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2015, 07:48:49 AM »

You might be crossing too early but who knows.  For lunch I highly recommend you either eat at Lulling City Market in Lulling, Tx.  they have great BBQ or if you are going thru the hempstead, Bellville, La Grange route then stop in La Grange @ Prause Meat Market.  That's lunch. 

If you want to see something cool in Boerne you can go to Cascade Caverns. they are off of I-10 and then once your done there you could go back into to town and take 46 south from Boerne straigt into Bandera.  That is a nice curvy road. 
"Talk low, talk slow and don't talk too much" - John Wayne

Chad

• Board
  • Elvis
  • M G, TX.
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2015, 04:08:57 PM »

You might be crossing too early but who knows.  For lunch I highly recommend you either eat at Lulling City Market in Lulling, Tx.  they have great BBQ or if you are going thru the hempstead, Bellville, La Grange route then stop in La Grange @ Prause Meat Market.  That's lunch. 

If you want to see something cool in Boerne you can go to Cascade Caverns. they are off of I-10 and then once your done there you could go back into to town and take 46 south from Boerne straigt into Bandera.  That is a nice curvy road. 
:thumbup:
Member since 2004
RIP Torque Dec.18,1975-Apr.29,2009

xcaliber

• Board
  • Elvis
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2015, 04:21:11 PM »

46 runs into 16 south of Bandera. 46 from New Braunsfels to Boerne is just kinda ok. can run into some traffic but better than going into San Antonio.  Come down Wednesday nite and bunk at Gumbo's house and ride out thursday morning with us.   :tGumbo
It's all just part of the adventure!

Rocket67

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Legend In My Own Mind
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2015, 06:18:55 AM »

46 runs into 16 south of Bandera. 46 from New Braunsfels to Boerne is just kinda ok. can run into some traffic but better than going into San Antonio.  Come down Wednesday nite and bunk at Gumbo's house and ride out thursday morning with us.   :tGumbo

I live pretty close to Gumbo, don't mind getting up early.  I would rather spend the night in bed with my beautiful wife.   :thumbup:  I think the plan is to try and meet up with you guys in the morning. 

I was thinking about doing that but it sounded more like a family type thing and when I told my wife about it she was really interested in making that trip in the auto.  So....just going to follow.  I did read about the market in Luling and definitely want to hit Shiner at some point.  I have the waypoints for a brewery tour of Texas that takes about 3 days someone posted on HDForums that I want to do so going to save Shiner Brewery for another trip. 
-Scott
2019 FLHXS

xcaliber

• Board
  • Elvis
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2015, 06:24:54 AM »

That was targeted at Chad and Gumbo
It's all just part of the adventure!

Rocket67

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Legend In My Own Mind
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2015, 06:59:08 AM »

Whatev'
-Scott
2019 FLHXS

Lucky

• Board
  • Elvis
  • Canyon Lake, TX
    • Facebook
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2015, 07:34:14 AM »

Whatev'
Oooooooo...Rocket gets rejected again  :couch:
"Lucky" Connie
'06 Pearl Dark Blue 1300C
If you don't love what you're doing, then don't do it.
Your chances of success are directly proportional to the degree of pleasure you derive from what you do.

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal