Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: To the NEW PREZ. CONGRATS!!!!  (Read 2901 times)

VTreX

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Rubythroatedhumming VT-reX Temple TX
    • http://www.patriotguard.org/photos/listpics.asp?a=show&ID=395
To the NEW PREZ. CONGRATS!!!!
« on: September 15, 2007, 08:11:49 PM »

Congrats. to Brock for the win!!!! O0 O0 O0 I will support in any way I am asked if possible!!! O0 O0 O0     RIDE SAFE RIDE LONG !!!!
03-C U-green It is neither those in the round nor the square that reach the top, but those in the spiral.... Now have added a red ''07 Gold Wing with everything except an AIRBAG!!  SOLD THE WING  SAD DAY!!

rbrown

Re: To the NEW PREZ. GONGRATS!!!!
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2007, 08:14:47 PM »

Brock, congratulations and well-deserved. I hope everyone will get on board to make this the best VTX community in the country. The weather is getting great to ride often.

Richard

tom cat

• Texas X Rider OverLord
Re: To the NEW PREZ. CONGRATS!!!!
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2007, 08:58:59 PM »

Congrats, I don't know how I can help, but if you think of a way, I more than willing.

jmdaniel

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • My other toy, '77 FJ40...
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2007, 09:00:26 PM »

77 votes/1179 members = 7%

Can you spell A-P-A-T-H-Y?  :o ;D

I guess you can blame the hijackers...   

Congrats, Brock, you know I support ya! Good luck with the babysitting!  ;D ;D ;) ;D   
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."
-- Unknown

2016 Honda F6B Deluxe
2007 Yamaha FJR1300A
2003 Honda VTX 1300

rbrown

« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2007, 09:13:20 PM »

Voter apathy is prevalent in this country as a whole not just on a motorcycle forum. Trying to blame low voter turnout on thread hijackers is the type of comment that gets stuff stirred up in the first place. This is a thread about congratulating our new board president so why is it necessary to try to stir up crap? If we're going to get things settled down then off-handed comments that are designed to offend other board members have to stop. What scientific evidence was used to draw this conclusion? Were members polled as to why they didn't vote? Doesn't matter how many since the best person for the job won. Can't we just leave it at that?

As far as Hillary, anyone would be better than her. I'm all for a woman president but Hillary. We're definitely scraping the bottom of the barrel to even think she would do anything but set this country back and the laughing stock of the world. If anything wakes this country up to get out and vote then I hope the remote chance of her winning does. Anyway, I'll save this conversation for the Politically Incorrect section if anyone is a Hillary fan.

snake

• Master of Monumental Proportions
  • What a ride it's been!
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2007, 09:29:51 PM »

Congrats, Brock, you know I support ya! Good luck with the babysitting!  ;D ;D ;) ;D   
Jeff, the way I figure it, ya'll didn't hurt it at all. We only have about 125 active members at most times, so figure 60% plus voting. I felt that was pretty good, all told! ;D
:ohwow: signed: A reality-challenged left wingnut!
     420! Yeah, baby!

txgaboy

• Master Tejano Rider
  • Texas/Georgia Boy Austin, Texas
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2007, 09:33:28 PM »

Like I said before, voting should be done at the annual rally, most FJR riders aren't there!!! ;D ;D ;D
Most all straight Southern white males
spend there entire lives trying to avoid
being pissants. - Lewis Grizzard

'05 1300 VTX retro (red) Sold
'07 GOLDWING  (Metallic Dark Blue)

PGR Rider; when I can
US Army, 1969 - 1982

snake

• Master of Monumental Proportions
  • What a ride it's been!
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2007, 09:34:42 PM »

rbrown, Hillary fan here, but don't worry about me. Your feelings are mirrored by everyone here, most likely. They love hearing that stuff! ;D
:ohwow: signed: A reality-challenged left wingnut!
     420! Yeah, baby!

rbrown

« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2007, 09:38:42 PM »

Snake, I like a lot of what you have to say and I haven't even met you yet but I know I will like you. I'll have to buy you a beer or coke to hear why you're a fan of Hillary. It will definitely be a fun conversation.

Richard

BDC

« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2007, 09:45:08 PM »

Congrats brotha Brock...

I'm sure you'll take this site and group to the next level, Bro!

Crewsn

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • leander(austin), texas
« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2007, 10:38:03 PM »

and here's the other type of comment that "stirs" stuff up.

Voter apathy is prevalent in this country as a whole not just on a motorcycle forum. Trying to blame low voter turnout on thread hijackers is the type of comment that gets stuff stirred up in the first place. This is a thread about congratulating our new board president so why is it necessary to try to stir up crap? If we're going to get things settled down then off-handed comments that are designed to offend other board members have to stop. What scientific evidence was used to draw this conclusion? Were members polled as to why they didn't vote? Doesn't matter how many since the best person for the job won. Can't we just leave it at that?

BTW, congrats to brock. definetely the right man for the job. as kenny put it, need any help or support from the centex area, don't hesitate to ask. O0

03 1800 C, airbox mod, K&N filter, roadhouse shorty.

bigdog

• Tejano
« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2007, 12:52:27 AM »

Brock, congratulations O0 O0 O0 O0 O0

smooth x

• Master Tejano Rider
  • Centerville, Ohio
« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2007, 06:36:35 AM »

Congrats and thanks Brock.

MODS Who has those things???? Ride it like you Stole it......

rbrown

« Reply #13 on: September 16, 2007, 06:47:47 AM »

Well, you're right Crewsn but it was in response to someone else making yet another attack, which I'm tired of. If the response wasn't made in the first place then there wouldn't be anything to respond to but of course now you will respond and I will have to respond again and that's why if people wouldn't make the first negative, unncessary response then the thread could have remained positive, congratulating our new president on his recent victory.

SouthernXer

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • BRAD Allen, Texas
    • Me playing music
« Reply #14 on: September 16, 2007, 07:04:04 AM »

Congrats Brock!   O0

Snake, I like a lot of what you have to say and I haven't even met you yet but I know I will like you. I'll have to buy you a beer or coke to hear why you're a fan of Hillary. It will definitely be a fun conversation.

Richard

Hey Richard, I do know Snake and you will like him, he's a super guy.  BTW, it will be a beer that you buy.   ;D ;D ;D
Pages: [1] 2 3

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal