Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Motorcycle Safety  (Read 2581 times)

VTXGRL

• Old Timer
  • Grapevine
Re: Motorcycle Safety
« Reply #30 on: May 02, 2007, 11:57:11 AM »

Great!  That's just what I needed to hear! :-\
[/quote]

Not to worry, you'll still get quite a bit out of the course.  As for the instructor going down, it can happen to anyone, no matter how good they are or how long they've been riding.  I've got a buddy that teaches in Plano at one of the schools.  Heck, even he said he's seen a few fellow instructors that he wouldn't even ride with. 

Pay attention in class and remember to practice frequently even after you've become an avid rider.  Also, the bikes you learn on out on the course are light, 250cc and smaller, easy to manuever and learn on.  Again, just remember to always and frequently practice those same manuevers on YOUR bike as you continue to ride.   :)
“You may all go to Hell, and I will go to Texas”
~ Davy Crockett
2006 VTX 1300R candy black cherry

LianeM1178

« Reply #31 on: May 02, 2007, 12:01:47 PM »

The more advice I get the more excited I'm getting! :)

RocknRoll

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Kingwood, TX
« Reply #32 on: May 02, 2007, 02:31:42 PM »

Just look through your turns and press right to go right.  You will do fine.  As for the instructor going down, that is called experience.  Instructors should look all gnarly and gouged out.  You don't want to learn from a poser do you?  :D

Dang, I just read this and see a glaring error.  Press Right to Go Right.  I corrected the above.  Sorry.  Glad I didn't get flamed.  Just chalked it up to DOA.  Dumb-Cranberries On Arrival.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2007, 07:06:53 AM by RocknRoll »
Wanna make God laugh?  -  Tell him your plans!

Wanna make God angry?  -  Treat Him with indifference!

LianeM1178

« Reply #33 on: May 03, 2007, 06:28:26 AM »

No I don't I got a good one at home but I don't think he has the patience.  My many attempts to kick start the SRX have failed.  :-\
Pages: 1 2 [3]

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal