Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: A QUESTION FOR THE SITE BEFORE TXR ELECTIONS START  (Read 2264 times)

RedDragon

• Master of Monumental Proportions
Re: A QUESTION FOR THE SITE BEFORE TXR ELECTIONS START
« Reply #15 on: October 18, 2011, 12:50:21 PM »

Wow, didn't know I was a super member!  :laugh: So who is saying the group is divided?  ??? And the president is the only one elected. The board members are appointed.

Well with that being said I here by nominate Randy for president. He has done a great job and is willing to do what is best for the group in the future.

2005 VTX 1800C Red Tribal Flame
2005 Yamaha FZ1 Silver

dclark31

• Old Timer
  • Schertz
« Reply #16 on: October 18, 2011, 12:55:29 PM »

Well with that being said I here by nominate Randy for president. He has done a great job and is willing to do what is best for the group in the future.

I hereby second that nomination.

Dana "Dutch" Clark - Semper Fi

matap

• Board
  • "Just put that hammer down and give it hell" -J.R.
« Reply #17 on: October 18, 2011, 01:08:46 PM »

I feel a song a coming on.................... :violin:
"Talk low, talk slow and don't talk too much" - John Wayne

hobo

• Board
  • Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Cedar Creek Lake
    • westcherry.com
« Reply #18 on: October 18, 2011, 01:10:34 PM »

I believe that the election process could be bypassed and things would be just fine. However, if the election process is not completed we would be in violation of our own bylaws. This could possibly cause other troubles as well as sending a message of disinterest in the views of our newer members. As stated in an earlier post, ALL members should have the chance to be heard.

The attendance numbers of the last BBT show a declining interest in the Texas X Riders and it's clear that something needs to be done to revive interest and participation in both our governing process and events. Maybe an election will rejuvenate interest and prompt more members to get involved in the Texas X Riders.

As someone who has served on the Board of Directors I do not agree that the current association punishes members that don't post. We are an association that is widely spread throughout Texas and the forum is the only way to communicate ideas in a timely manner, ...without making a thousand phone calls.  :o

Randy does a fine job and he spoke to me at the last BBT about running again. I like his ideas for the future and I support him 100%.

Mike Alexander (hobo)

My 2003 1800C lives at the shores of Cedar Creek Lake in Mabank, Texas
Don't make me get nekkid!... Smell The Bumper... I got my cookies!

j1mmyj4m

• The Shocker
  • Administrator
  • Deer Park, Tx
« Reply #19 on: October 18, 2011, 01:54:58 PM »

An election is fine, it was just an idea ran by me.

I will start an official thread for nominations.
Chunk the llama.

Lucky

• Board
  • Elvis
  • Canyon Lake, TX
    • Facebook
« Reply #20 on: October 18, 2011, 02:09:39 PM »

I'm confused...where did this business of "ALL members NOT being heard" come from?  Or this idea of "divided" membership? I have not experienced or seen any of that from this board or even members of the forum.
"Lucky" Connie
'06 Pearl Dark Blue 1300C
If you don't love what you're doing, then don't do it.
Your chances of success are directly proportional to the degree of pleasure you derive from what you do.

snake

• What a ride it's been!
« Reply #21 on: October 18, 2011, 02:25:29 PM »

I'm confused...where did this business of "ALL members NOT being heard" come from?  Or this idea of "divided" membership? I have not experienced or seen any of that from this board or even members of the forum.
I don't think it was meant to be taken that way, I believe R&R meant that the membership should vote, not just a:" if anyone doesn't object I'll just keep it" declaration and a few aye's and seconds and that does away with the whole voting concept. That is the way I took it, anyway.

SSSSSssnnake
:ohwow: signed: A reality-challenged left wingnut!
     420! Yeah, baby!

RedDragon

« Reply #22 on: October 18, 2011, 02:27:23 PM »

It's all you semi-super members fault!  :chair: :laugh:

2005 VTX 1800C Red Tribal Flame
2005 Yamaha FZ1 Silver

Lucky

• Board
  • Elvis
  • Canyon Lake, TX
    • Facebook
« Reply #23 on: October 18, 2011, 02:33:30 PM »

It's all you semi-super members fault!  :chair: :laugh:

NOPE...no way...this ( :notworthy: ) is not happening
"Lucky" Connie
'06 Pearl Dark Blue 1300C
If you don't love what you're doing, then don't do it.
Your chances of success are directly proportional to the degree of pleasure you derive from what you do.

xcaliber

• Board
  • Elvis
« Reply #24 on: October 18, 2011, 05:26:02 PM »

I believe that the election process could be bypassed and things would be just fine. However, if the election process is not completed we would be in violation of our own bylaws. This could possibly cause other troubles as well as sending a message of disinterest in the views of our newer members. As stated in an earlier post, ALL members should have the chance to be heard.

The attendance numbers of the last BBT show a declining interest in the Texas X Riders and it's clear that something needs to be done to revive interest and participation in both our governing process and events. Maybe an election will rejuvenate interest and prompt more members to get involved in the Texas X Riders.

As someone who has served on the Board of Directors I do not agree that the current association punishes members that don't post. We are an association that is widely spread throughout Texas and the forum is the only way to communicate ideas in a timely manner, ...without making a thousand phone calls.  :o

Randy does a fine job and he spoke to me at the last BBT about running again. I like his ideas for the future and I support him 100%.

Mike Alexander (hobo)

Hobo nailed it, If we don't follow the by-laws, then we have no by-laws.
It's all just part of the adventure!

Gumbo

• Board
  • Elvis
  • 06 1800R
« Reply #25 on: October 18, 2011, 05:30:53 PM »

"divided" membership

Divided by icecream meet and greeters and have a beer meet and greeters.  :c :t :t :t

Just pokin fun  ;D
\"The moment you taste it, something wet and dark leaps on you and starts humping you like a swamp dog in heat, and the only way to get it off you is to eat it off, It\'s Gumbo!! If you don\'t eat it then the mystery beast will go right on humping you.

CouldBFaster

• Texas X Rider OverLord
« Reply #26 on: October 19, 2011, 12:06:35 AM »

I think we should only have an election if someone wants to run. If no one wants to run we should bypass election and have Randy and the rest of the board keep up the Great work. IMHO

Now this is an Enthusiast Group for the VTX riders of Texas. Right?
So to vote maybe you should have a VTX.... Maybe? Or be an appointed member of this board. Maybe?   :stickpoke:
Well Maybe I'm wrong, maybe I'm just an A** Hole. I'm sure someone will 2nd that.  ;)

Catching a yellow-jacket in your shirt at seventy miles per hour can double your vocabulary.

Honest officer .... I aint driving fast ..... just flying low ....

"I'll keep my money, my freedom and my guns, You can keep the "change"."

┌П┐ (•_•)┌П┐

Gumbo

• Board
  • Elvis
  • 06 1800R
« Reply #27 on: October 19, 2011, 05:08:35 AM »

I think we should only have an election if someone wants to run. If no one wants to run we should bypass election and have Randy and the rest of the board keep up the Great work. IMHO

Now this is an Enthusiast Group for the VTX riders of Texas. Right?
So to vote maybe you should have a VTX.... Maybe? Or be an appointed member of this board. Maybe?   :stickpoke:
Well Maybe I'm wrong, maybe I'm just an A** Hole. I'm sure someone will 2nd that.  ;)

Please let me be the first to 2nd that  :stickpoke: ;D
\"The moment you taste it, something wet and dark leaps on you and starts humping you like a swamp dog in heat, and the only way to get it off you is to eat it off, It\'s Gumbo!! If you don\'t eat it then the mystery beast will go right on humping you.

beaux43

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • "Punxher"
« Reply #28 on: October 19, 2011, 12:57:04 PM »

:agree:  ON BOTH COUNTS..      :couch:    :pot: 

'03 1800R
'08 GL1800 GoldWing

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally wornout, shouting..."What a Ride!"

snake

• What a ride it's been!
« Reply #29 on: October 20, 2011, 06:14:24 AM »

Hmmmm, wonder what happens if Obama just decided to stay president rather than go through the election process....just askin', thats all! ;D
:ohwow: signed: A reality-challenged left wingnut!
     420! Yeah, baby!

Pages: 1 [2] 3

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal