Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Would like opinions on a song  (Read 2533 times)

VT-XS

• Master Tejano Rider
Re: Would like opinions on a song
« Reply #30 on: August 25, 2009, 09:12:34 AM »

:cool2: nicely done , I think, personally it may have more impact with a female voice. but it sounded pretty good in the rough.

In my opinion it is best sung by a man...it is so typical for a woman to sing "lost the love" type of songs...it is good to hear men sing about how they too can feel hurt and loss.

is typical because it sales...  most guys are glad to be out of a relationship like that and will not dwell on it like most woman do.

One of these days some woman is gonna dump you, who you actually cared for...maybe.  :stickpoke: There's a couple of paradoxes there.

Anyways...When that happens. I'll play the song for you...to give you comfort.  :violin:
YOU CAN ONLY BE YOUNG ONCE, BUT YOU CAN BE IMMATURE YOUR ENTIRE LIFE..

jmdaniel

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • My other toy, '77 FJ40...
« Reply #31 on: August 25, 2009, 09:14:08 AM »

Why would I cry?  your song do not not relate to me, now if you wrote a song about a guy living in a big house and one day he was home watching TV with a group of woman (3)  and he already had slept with all of them at one time or another... then maybe then I may shed a tear (just remember to make it a slow ballad).   :thumbup:

I think this guy could help you out....

"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."
-- Unknown

2016 Honda F6B Deluxe
2007 Yamaha FJR1300A
2003 Honda VTX 1300

sherri

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • The Woodlands
« Reply #32 on: August 25, 2009, 09:48:29 AM »

I was at home browsing the forum, I saw Mr. Martin James post... I open the link and clip play to listen to the song...  not even 30 seconds after the song started my dog began howling...  

Tell the dog thanks for the comment. And u got to witness first hand why music is such a big deal in the history of civilization. Because we are anatomically wired to respond to it, even if we have no idea what is is...and are incapable of understanding the explaination...like the dog.

I always thought it was cool that dog's howled when u play the harmonica in front of them.  :violin:

ps...I'm glad to find out that you didn't cry or something.  :stickpoke:

:thumbup:

Why would I cry?  your song do not not relate to me, now if you wrote a song about a guy living in a big house and one day he was home watching TV with a group of woman (3)  and he already had slept with all of them at one time or another... then maybe then I may shed a tear (just remember to make it a slow ballad).   :thumbup:

Gabe de..nile is not just a river in Egypt

If you ever see me with horns sticking out of my helmet
call an ambulance  .  .  .  .    I’ve hit a deer

DEMON

« Reply #33 on: August 25, 2009, 09:50:39 AM »

I think this guy could help you out....

YEA BOOOYYYYY!!!!!!   :notworthy:

b-rad

• Old Timer
  • Rowlett, TX
« Reply #34 on: August 25, 2009, 10:57:40 AM »

Very well done my friend. I like it. The chord progression is simple (good thing) and allows the guitar work to fit nicely without over doing it. My two cents:

- It's fine the way it is, but since the chord progression is simple you have the ability to change it up in a couple places (like ViciousNoob was saying) to keep the listener guessing...as well as giving you the opportunity to do something different in the melody that may highlight a key phrase

- I do agree with everyone that the tempo could come down a smidgen

- There seems to be a little too much dead space between phrases which chops up the verse instead of making one complete idea. Maybe play around with the timing of the melody to help stretch the phrases together more. I really liked how to sang "Roommates with Rings" on the chorus right after the bridge. You stretched it a little and it seemed to fit in a groove.

Like I said, very nicely done. I dig it!   :thumbup:
Pages: 1 2 [3]

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal