Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Would like opinions on a song  (Read 2532 times)

Ironhorse1800

• Old Timer
Re: Would like opinions on a song
« Reply #15 on: August 24, 2009, 08:59:10 PM »

Pace? I can not say for sure, but I am thinking of a slow ballad. Fewer, longer, softer cords. Draw the words out to give me time to absorb the ideas.

Songs that heavy can't be to fast.

But then what the heck do I know?

I enjoyed everything you had up on the site with your last post. So did my wife. Keep at it.
Ironhorse1800 -My 2004 1800 N S3

Isorg

• Administrator
  • Texas X Rider OverLord
  • 2007 1300c, 2002 Yamaha fz1
    • Izzy's Mind
« Reply #16 on: August 24, 2009, 09:01:00 PM »

It feels rushed, try to slow it down.  a few of the lyrics were just to many syllables to fit into the general background melody, Found my self counting the beat of the words, not the beat of the melody.   This really stood out in the chorus, esp the line "who have furniture and other things"  9 syllables, repeated 3 times in the song... so it REALLY stood out.

good song! great subject!  awesome potential!

2007 1300c VTX
2002 Yamaha FZ1
2007 FJR1300

MsVTX1300

• Master Tejano Rider
  • Spring, TX
« Reply #17 on: August 24, 2009, 09:56:59 PM »

Just my 2 cents here...

Love the song, jerks the emotions...makes you think!

Just one thing that needs "something" in my opinion...

I leaf through old pictures
from back in better times
your eyes were a sparkle
I love the way they shined.
you held me so close

There is something that doesn't fit with the last line of this!  Held me close doesn't fit with the eyes.  And I agree, slow it down, don't rush it.
[IMG]

Carol
2014 Victory Cross Country Tour
2006 VTX 1300 (The Lady)

sherri

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • The Woodlands
« Reply #18 on: August 24, 2009, 10:05:49 PM »

I would like to see the chorus a little softer. Having said that I get what you are trying to do with the chorus but I think in needs another sound in the mix, maybe a second guitar Idk can't really put my finger on it.

The song did remind me of a time when I was looking at old pictures wondering where my smile had gone it wasn't long after that.... Now when I look at those photos I say to what took me so long  :D

s

If you ever see me with horns sticking out of my helmet
call an ambulance  .  .  .  .    I’ve hit a deer

ViciousNoob

• Master Tejano Rider
« Reply #19 on: August 25, 2009, 12:52:58 AM »

It feels rushed, try to slow it down.  a few of the lyrics were just to many syllables to fit into the general background melody, Found my self counting the beat of the words, not the beat of the melody.   This really stood out in the chorus, esp the line "who have furniture and other things"  9 syllables, repeated 3 times in the song... so it REALLY stood out.

good song! great subject!  awesome potential!

my sentiments exactly...

Give a full 2 counts between roomates with rings...3-4-...with furniture and things.. Have "with land on the "and"on 4 and furniture on one.

easy on the stacatto on the verses. V2 was done really well. Let it flow into each word. Sing it sad, like you have been pondering this for a long time...

Throw in a chord change and a hook between the chorus and V3. Change it up a bit for the hook. Sounds like you are playing in G. Maybe switch the hook and last chorus to D. Like the hard change in George Strait's Troubador.

You have a good start on your hands here, bro... Keep polishing!!! Outstanding work.You are very talented.... :thumbup: :thumbup:

If I wasn't n00b, I sure would want to be!!! ;-)

VT-XS

• Master Tejano Rider
« Reply #20 on: August 25, 2009, 12:55:08 AM »

Wow. Little before 2am, just got in from playing and drinking with some guys in Pasadena.

What great feedback. I appreciate every single one of you more than you realize for letting
me know what you think.

And Bryce, excellent observation, because I'm rushed quite a few places but what you picked out
was the worst of it. What you described as the syllables being unaligned with the melody is called
"prosody" (sp). I learned that word a couple of months ago. I'm sensing some musical  background in
the Isorg

Everyone was great to say something. The comments were meaningful and helpful....except Gabe. :redcard:
But I'm accustomed to that. ;)

Thanks again.

Martin

Ps  Thanks Noob. We posted at the same time. You must be coming in to. :thumbup:
YOU CAN ONLY BE YOUNG ONCE, BUT YOU CAN BE IMMATURE YOUR ENTIRE LIFE..

DEMON

« Reply #21 on: August 25, 2009, 06:46:48 AM »

Wow. Little before 2am, just got in from playing and drinking with some guys in Pasadena.

What great feedback. I appreciate every single one of you more than you realize for letting
me know what you think.

And Bryce, excellent observation, because I'm rushed quite a few places but what you picked out
was the worst of it. What you described as the syllables being unaligned with the melody is called
"prosody" (sp). I learned that word a couple of months ago. I'm sensing some musical  background in
the Isorg

Everyone was great to say something. The comments were meaningful and helpful....except Gabe. :redcard:

Thanks again.

Martin

Ps  Thanks Noob. We posted at the same time. You must be coming in to. :thumbup:

I still spect to see my name on the credits!!!!  

If I told you what happen when I 1st listen to the song you would not believe me...  :c
« Last Edit: August 25, 2009, 06:52:18 AM by DEMON »

nomercyambulance

• Texas X Rider OverLord
« Reply #22 on: August 25, 2009, 07:07:22 AM »

me know what you think.

the Isorg

Thanks again.

Martin

Ps  Thanks Noob. We posted at the same time. You must be coming in to. :thumbup:

I still spect to see my name on the credits!!!!  

If I told you what happen when I 1st listen to the song you would not believe me...  :c

Well, make believers out of us.

Proud to be an American.
If you are not, LEAVE!!

DEMON

« Reply #23 on: August 25, 2009, 07:19:17 AM »

I was at home browsing the forum, I saw Mr. Martin James post... I open the link and clip play to listen to the song...  not even 30 seconds after the song started my dog began howling... 

VT-XS

• Master Tejano Rider
« Reply #24 on: August 25, 2009, 07:39:55 AM »

I was at home browsing the forum, I saw Mr. Martin James post... I open the link and clip play to listen to the song...  not even 30 seconds after the song started my dog began howling...  

Tell the dog thanks for the comment. And u got to witness first hand why music is such a big deal in the history of civilization. Because we are anatomically wired to respond to it, even if we have no idea what is is...and are incapable of understanding the explaination...like the dog.

I always thought it was cool that dog's howled when u play the harmonica in front of them.  :violin:

ps...I'm glad to find out that you didn't cry or something.  :stickpoke:
« Last Edit: August 25, 2009, 07:41:48 AM by VT-XS »
YOU CAN ONLY BE YOUNG ONCE, BUT YOU CAN BE IMMATURE YOUR ENTIRE LIFE..

DEMON

« Reply #25 on: August 25, 2009, 07:59:08 AM »

I was at home browsing the forum, I saw Mr. Martin James post... I open the link and clip play to listen to the song...  not even 30 seconds after the song started my dog began howling...  

Tell the dog thanks for the comment. And u got to witness first hand why music is such a big deal in the history of civilization. Because we are anatomically wired to respond to it, even if we have no idea what is is...and are incapable of understanding the explaination...like the dog.

I always thought it was cool that dog's howled when u play the harmonica in front of them.  :violin:

ps...I'm glad to find out that you didn't cry or something.  :stickpoke:

:thumbup:

Why would I cry?  your song do not not relate to me, now if you wrote a song about a guy living in a big house and one day he was home watching TV with a group of woman (3)  and he already had slept with all of them at one time or another... then maybe then I may shed a tear (just remember to make it a slow ballad).   :thumbup:

captainlon

• Old Timer
« Reply #26 on: August 25, 2009, 07:59:32 AM »

:cool2: nicely done , I think, personally it may have more impact with a female voice. but it sounded pretty good in the rough.
captainlon

Lucky

• Board
  • Elvis
  • Canyon Lake, TX
    • Facebook
« Reply #27 on: August 25, 2009, 08:25:26 AM »

Give a full 2 counts between roomates with rings...3-4-...with furniture and things.. Have "with land on the "and"on 4 and furniture on one.

easy on the stacatto on the verses. V2 was done really well. Let it flow into each word. Sing it sad, like you have been pondering this for a long time...

Throw in a chord change and a hook between the chorus and V3. Change it up a bit for the hook. Sounds like you are playing in G. Maybe switch the hook and last chorus to D. Like the hard change in George Strait's Troubador.

OMG, it is quite obvious that I have NO musical abilities cause I hardly understood any of this...glad you did Martin.
"Lucky" Connie
'06 Pearl Dark Blue 1300C
If you don't love what you're doing, then don't do it.
Your chances of success are directly proportional to the degree of pleasure you derive from what you do.

Lucky

• Board
  • Elvis
  • Canyon Lake, TX
    • Facebook
« Reply #28 on: August 25, 2009, 08:28:10 AM »

:cool2: nicely done , I think, personally it may have more impact with a female voice. but it sounded pretty good in the rough.

In my opinion it is best sung by a man...it is so typical for a woman to sing "lost the love" type of songs...it is good to hear men sing about how they too can feel hurt and loss.
"Lucky" Connie
'06 Pearl Dark Blue 1300C
If you don't love what you're doing, then don't do it.
Your chances of success are directly proportional to the degree of pleasure you derive from what you do.

DEMON

« Reply #29 on: August 25, 2009, 08:38:33 AM »

In my opinion it is best sung by a man...it is so typical for a woman to sing "lost the love" type of songs...it is good to hear men sing about how they too can feel hurt and loss.

is typical because it sales...  most guys are glad to be out of a relationship like that and will not dwell on it like most woman do.
Pages: 1 [2] 3

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal