Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Tire question  (Read 5031 times)

VTreX

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Rubythroatedhumming VT-reX Temple TX
    • http://www.patriotguard.org/photos/listpics.asp?a=show&ID=395
Re: Tire question
« Reply #30 on: June 19, 2009, 08:21:25 PM »

Hiways are crowned in the center for water to run off. That is also why you drag pegs on a left curve vs a right curve.. When on a four lane ride the fast lane all you can to equal it out.
03-C U-green It is neither those in the round nor the square that reach the top, but those in the spiral.... Now have added a red ''07 Gold Wing with everything except an AIRBAG!!  SOLD THE WING  SAD DAY!!

Gumbo

• Board
  • Elvis
  • 06 1800R
« Reply #31 on: June 19, 2009, 08:37:18 PM »

To obtain the best mileage from your motorcycle tires, observe the following guidelines: obey the speed limit;(Wack) avoid quick acceleration (Wack, Wack) and hard braking; (Wack,Wack,Wack) maintain recommended tire pressures; (Like I have time to check this every day) and do not overload your bike or tow a trailer.
Use round tires  ;D ;D ;D
Sorry having some wine tonight  :ohwow:
\"The moment you taste it, something wet and dark leaps on you and starts humping you like a swamp dog in heat, and the only way to get it off you is to eat it off, It\'s Gumbo!! If you don\'t eat it then the mystery beast will go right on humping you.

Scotrod

• Tejano
« Reply #32 on: June 21, 2009, 02:31:06 PM »

I had rather poor results with my Avon Cobra's,,,

http://www.vtxcafe.com/album.php?albumid=837&pictureid=4519

http://www.vtxcafe.com/album.php?albumid=837&pictureid=4543

I really liked the way they handled, rode good,,, but the rear seperated at 9,000 miles. (40/40 PSI)

Avon did warranty the tire as it was deemed defective.

I'm sure every manufacturer has a few that don't pass muster,,,

Still, after this experience, I'm hesitant to try an Avon Cobra again, Currently have a Metz 880 on the front,,,, Michelin on the back.

hooter

• Master of Monumental Proportions
  • Itasca (just North of Hillsboro on sceanic I-35W)
« Reply #33 on: June 21, 2009, 03:18:06 PM »

I'm on my 4th set of Avon Crobra's and have had good luck. I'm sorry you had a problem but I'll stay with them. I go to Vegas again in late September and will put on a new set for that run or if my front still has life then I'll go back to the darkside and run my 205 55 16 for that cause it's a long flat road there and back and will take it's toll on a scooter tire.
What I do today is very important because
I traded a day of my life for it.

Whatever you want to do, do it now.
  There are only so many tomorrows.
Pages: 1 2 [3]

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal