Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Salt Lick Run on Saturday the 22nd.  (Read 5413 times)

smooth x

• Master Tejano Rider
  • Centerville, Ohio
Salt Lick Run on Saturday the 22nd.
« on: September 09, 2007, 06:15:54 AM »

Hookm  wants to go to Salt lick on the 22nd. Now just where the H___ is it? We can make a ride out of it....

MODS Who has those things???? Ride it like you Stole it......

Stormy

• Old Timer
  • New Braunfels,Tx.
Re: Salt Lick Run on Saturday the 22nd.
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2007, 03:44:30 PM »

Saltlick is southeast of Dripping Springs off of 12 to 150 then 1826 near Driftwood out in the boonies. There is several ways of getting their from SA depending on which way you want to come up.  They also have locations in Austin. Forgot to mention most of the time on the weekend you have to get their early because you will not believe how long the line can get sometimes just to get on the waiting list to get a table. If I remember they open at 11:00. Will check the web page and post a little later.  Not sure if they take reservations. One other thing,they only take cash,no debit or credit cards. They do have a ATM machine at the front door.

www.saltlickbbq.com

« Last Edit: September 10, 2007, 05:46:36 AM by Stormy »

BIG A

• Master Tejano Rider
  • belton texas 06Goldwing 06KTM 450 08 KTM 690E
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2007, 05:07:20 PM »

that one is the best, my son and i ate there last weekend, they have an all you can eat for 15 bucks and some change, Q is good, ribs were the best, i also liked there sauce, coopers has the best blackberry cobbler though. they did have some good looking pecan pies sitting out, may have to try those next :P ::) O0
YOU DON'T QUIT RIDING WHEN YOU GET OLD---YOU GET OLD WHEN YOU QUIT RIDING

jmdaniel

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • My other toy, '77 FJ40...
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2007, 06:01:58 PM »

I was there Friday night, and it doesn't hold a candle to Cooper's. We should make a run down to Lockhart soon, and go to Kreutz'...

just a suggestion, not an attempt at hijacking, so please, NO CRYING!!!  >:( ;) O0
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."
-- Unknown

2016 Honda F6B Deluxe
2007 Yamaha FJR1300A
2003 Honda VTX 1300

murray_61

• Board
  • Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Hobe Sound, FL
    • facebook
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2007, 07:27:11 PM »

You really like cooper's better?  I have only been to salt lick once, and coopers used to be a 15 minute drive...  guess I got used to it.

What is Kreutz'?

I may try to make it down to Salt Lick on the 22nd. 
Texas plays at 7pm... Hookem, you got me an extra ticket?  ???
« Last Edit: September 13, 2007, 09:50:04 PM by murray_61 »

bigdogsgal

• Old Timer
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2007, 08:42:31 PM »

Salt Lick is great and I'm bummed we can't make this.  I'm about to be a grandma and I'm throwing my daughter a baby shower that day.
ride safe and have a bite for me.

geri

'05 1800F Black Cherry Red Spec 3

smooth x

• Master Tejano Rider
  • Centerville, Ohio
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2007, 03:04:52 AM »

Salt Lick is great and I'm bummed we can't make this.  I'm about to be a grandma and I'm throwing my daughter a baby shower that day.
ride safe and have a bite for me.

geri

We would love to see you guys. You have  2 weeks to plan for it.

hookem

• Master Tejano Rider
  • Port Neches, Texas
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2007, 05:20:52 AM »

The location near Driftwood is the one to pick.  Austin location has a "yuppie" menu.  AND......the scenery of the ride to get there is not so great, as well.  Out on 360.  Q is something that everyone has their own preference of.  Cooper's is good, Kreutz is better, Salt Lick is best.  Based on my preferences, anyway. ;)

Looking forward to this, so y'all make your plans and let's try to get some meet-up spots nailed down, too. 
Government does not solve problems; it subsidizes them.
Ronald Reagan

jmdaniel

• Texas X Rider OverLord
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2007, 07:03:41 AM »

The location near Driftwood is the one to pick.  Austin location has a "yuppie" menu. 

Couldn't agree more. That spot on 360 is just plain weird...  :o :P
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."
-- Unknown

2016 Honda F6B Deluxe
2007 Yamaha FJR1300A
2003 Honda VTX 1300

CouldBFaster

• Texas X Rider OverLord
« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2007, 07:47:13 AM »

I will try to be there,
If I do not drink to much again...
 :o :o :o
Catching a yellow-jacket in your shirt at seventy miles per hour can double your vocabulary.

Honest officer .... I aint driving fast ..... just flying low ....

"I'll keep my money, my freedom and my guns, You can keep the "change"."

┌П┐ (•_•)┌П┐

vtxcrzr

• Old Timer
  • New Braunfels, TX Black 1800C
« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2007, 02:47:40 PM »

I have about 80% probability for this one.  Anxious to explore some other TX BBQ places.  Jeff and I went to Coopers last weekend and it was great as always but as they say "diversity is the spice of life". 

Lets act like were going and post a meeting time and place.  If we have to cancel later so be it.  But its much easier to for everyone to plan when there is a firm meeting place, meeting time, destination, route and target arrival time.  Jeremy got screwed last weekend because of last second flailing around at 7:30 AM on the morning of the ride.

Here's the link.  They open at 11:00 AM and say you can call ahead for large parties, but don't say what a large party is.   I'm guessing if we can put together a group of 10 or so we could qualify.  Looks pretty dang good to me even if they do have second rate blackberry cobbler.

http://www.saltlickbbq.com/
« Last Edit: September 15, 2007, 03:00:01 PM by vtxcrzr »

jmdaniel

• Texas X Rider OverLord
« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2007, 02:54:16 PM »

0% probability for me.

This is where I will be...

http://www.nhra.com/content/preview.asp?articleid=2444&zoneid=90&y=&navsource=20

NHRA, baybee! Including Ashley Force, just voted hottest athlete on the planet in a poll conducted by AOL. Hmmmm.... sounds like something I told RD a few months back. I am a smart fu*ker, ya can say that for sure...  ;D  O0 :-*
-- Unknown

2016 Honda F6B Deluxe
2007 Yamaha FJR1300A
2003 Honda VTX 1300

murray_61

• Board
  • Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Hobe Sound, FL
    • facebook
« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2007, 03:11:21 PM »

Yes, nail down a time and place.  I got a long ride to plan...

And Jeff, I thought we were going to have a Sunday brunch date...  I understand though, go watch Ashley Force, she is way hott!

Shelly Anderson got me interested in Jolly Ranchers and Drag Racing back in the early 90's...

http://www.menstuff.org/logos/womenracers/andersons.jpg
« Last Edit: September 15, 2007, 03:24:19 PM by murray_61 »

VTreX

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Rubythroatedhumming VT-reX Temple TX
    • http://www.patriotguard.org/photos/listpics.asp?a=show&ID=395
« Reply #13 on: September 15, 2007, 08:33:21 PM »

I will spend that weekend on the stairs in Fort Worth moving my daughters stuff down from the THIRD FLOOR!!!!  Y'all don't eat toooo much!!! O0 O0 O0 O0 O0RIDE SAFE RIDE LONG !!! ;D ;D
03-C U-green It is neither those in the round nor the square that reach the top, but those in the spiral.... Now have added a red ''07 Gold Wing with everything except an AIRBAG!!  SOLD THE WING  SAD DAY!!

smooth x

• Master Tejano Rider
  • Centerville, Ohio
« Reply #14 on: September 16, 2007, 03:24:32 AM »

I have about 80% probability for this one.  Anxious to explore some other TX BBQ places.  Jeff and I went to Coopers last weekend and it was great as always but as they say "diversity is the spice of life". 

Lets act like were going and post a meeting time and place.  If we have to cancel later so be it.  But its much easier to for everyone to plan when there is a firm meeting place, meeting time, destination, route and target arrival time.  Jeremy got screwed last weekend because of last second flailing around at 7:30 AM on the morning of the ride.

Here's the link.  They open at 11:00 AM and say you can call ahead for large parties, but don't say what a large party is.   I'm guessing if we can put together a group of 10 or so we could qualify.  Looks pretty dang good to me even if they do have second rate blackberry cobbler.

http://www.saltlickbbq.com/

Lex we can meet at 9:15 again at the same place....... 306 and 281 shell station

Pages: [1] 2 3

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal