Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: TRI-CITY M/G 24 Jan UPDATE  (Read 3117 times)

GregC

• Old Timer
  • San Antonio
TRI-CITY M/G 24 Jan UPDATE
« on: January 04, 2009, 06:33:33 PM »

All the details leading up to this point can be read under the General Discussion Heading.  Here is how it has shaped up.

Tri-City (San Antonio, Austin, Houston) M/G
Hallettsville Tx
Jan 24 2009 at 12 noon.
Bel-Air Restaurant
corner of Hwy 90 and Hwy 77 on the EAST end of town. 

•The San Antonio folks will be leaving from the Flying-J Truck Stop at I-10 and Foster Rd. at 09:00 A.M.
•Anyone from the New Braunfels area wanting to meet up with us and ride together can meet us at the Valero in Seguin at the corner of Hwy 46 and Alt Hwy 90 (Court St.) at approximately 09:25 A.M. We will stop there for about 20 minutes.
•Anyone from the Austin area that wants to meet up with us we plan on being at the Buc-Ees Convenience Store in Gonzales for a short break at the corner of Hwy 183 and Hwy 90 (Sarah DeWitt Dr.) at approximately 10:30 A.M. 
•We should then arrive in Hallettsville around 11:35.
Looking at the Google maps I figure these may be the routes that the New Braunfels and Austin folks might take.
If anyone would like to give me their PH# and get mine so we can communicate just send me a PM.
Click below for a map.   
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&saddr=N+Foster+Rd&daddr=W+Court+St%2FUS-90+to:US-90+to:N+Avenue+E%2FTX-90A%2FUS-90+to:29.440666,-96.950998&hl=en&geocode=FQRNwQEdSCIj-g%3BFbAwwwEd0s4o-g%3BFXBdwgEdWtUw-g%3BFeAMwQEdEks1-g%3B&mra=mi&mrcr=3&mrsp=4&sz=16&sll=29.43956,-96.946836&sspn=0.009493,0.019312&ie=UTF8&ll=29.437206,-97.527008&spn=0.607562,1.235962&z=10
« Last Edit: January 18, 2009, 09:00:31 AM by GregC »
Most people's heads grow right along with their salaries.

Gupone

• Tejano
  • Round Rock, TX
Re: TRI-CITY M/G 24 Jan UPDATE
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2009, 03:32:12 PM »

This sound interesting.  What exactly is this event all about?  What does the M/G stand for?  Also i am in the Austin / Round Rock area and if I wanted to participate is there any other from my area that plan on going that could ride to Gonzales from the Austin area?

Thanks,
VTX 1800N Spec2 V&H Long Shots.

Chad

• Board
  • Elvis
  • M G, TX.
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2009, 03:34:20 PM »

M&G = Meet and Greet! Just riding to and from a place to hang out! All for fun and the thrill of the ride to someplace new!  ;D
WELCOME TO THE X-Gang!!  8)
Member since 2004
RIP Torque Dec.18,1975-Apr.29,2009

Lucky

• Board
  • Elvis
  • Canyon Lake, TX
    • Facebook
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2009, 03:51:41 PM »

Gupone, here is the thread that is for the austin people to link up together
http://www.texasxriders.com/index.php?topic=10047.0

Usually just people in the same city will have M&G (meet and greets) on some regular basis...this one on the 24th is a Tri-City get together so hopefully it will be big. 
« Last Edit: January 13, 2009, 03:53:56 PM by Lucky »
"Lucky" Connie
'06 Pearl Dark Blue 1300C
If you don't love what you're doing, then don't do it.
Your chances of success are directly proportional to the degree of pleasure you derive from what you do.

jmdaniel

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • My other toy, '77 FJ40...
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2009, 04:02:35 PM »

This sound interesting.  What exactly is this event all about?  What does the M/G stand for?  Also i am in the Austin / Round Rock area and if I wanted to participate is there any other from my area that plan on going that could ride to Gonzales from the Austin area?

Thanks,

Hey Gupone. Welcome! I'm going to help round up anyone who is interested in the greater Austin area, so we can head down together. Swing on over to that other thread and let us know, so we can get a headcount and idea on where to meet. Usually, it's the WalMart at 183 and 1431, but we'll see how this one shakes out.  :thumbup:
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."
-- Unknown

2016 Honda F6B Deluxe
2007 Yamaha FJR1300A
2003 Honda VTX 1300

vtxcrzr

• Old Timer
  • New Braunfels, TX Black 1800C
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2009, 09:22:00 AM »

Sounds like a good plan.  Rode the route from New Braunfels to Sequine to Hallettsville then north on HWY 77 to Schulenburg about a week ago to have lunch at Franks with some folks from Houston.  It was a nice lazy ride and I was shocked to have gotten 41 MPG. I'm usually not that lazy but it was a beautiful day and I just cruised along at an average of 60 MPH and enjoyed the beauty of the country side.  I don't remember seeing the Bel-Aire restaraunt though.  But then again I may have blinked when I turned left from HWY 90 on to HWY 77 north.

For now I'll plan on arriving at the Valero in Sequine around 9:24:59.  :)

jmdaniel

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • My other toy, '77 FJ40...
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2009, 09:28:49 AM »

Sounds like a good plan.  Rode the route from New Braunfels to Sequine to Hallettsville then north on HWY 77 to Schulenburg about a week ago to have lunch at Franks with some folks from Houston.  It was a nice lazy ride and I was shocked to have gotten 41 MPG. I'm usually not that lazy but it was a beautiful day and I just cruised along at an average of 60 MPH and enjoyed the beauty of the country side.  I don't remember seeing the Bel-Aire restaraunt though.  But then again I may have blinked when I turned left from HWY 90 on to HWY 77 north.

It'll be good to see you again, Lex!  :thumbup:
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."
-- Unknown

2016 Honda F6B Deluxe
2007 Yamaha FJR1300A
2003 Honda VTX 1300

vtxcrzr

• Old Timer
  • New Braunfels, TX Black 1800C
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2009, 10:15:28 PM »

It'll be good to see you again, Lex!  :thumbup:

Jeff: Looking forward to it.  Hope the weather cooperates.  See you at Buc-ee's

TEXVTXER

• Old Timer
  • 2006 VTX1300 R in Black...the fastest color!
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2009, 09:10:04 AM »

JM Daniel...a PM has been fired off to ya...
TEXVTXER
Patriot Guard Rider

2006 VTX1300R: Cobra fatty highway bars and light bar, MF 21" WS, Kury ISO Grips w/Throttle Boss and Longhorn Hwy. pegs, Cobra sissy bar w/luggage rack, Ultimate X Big Boy w/Ultimate Pssgr. Seat, Leatherlyke Bags, Kury Ultra Tour Bag.

VTreX

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Rubythroatedhumming VT-reX Temple TX
    • http://www.patriotguard.org/photos/listpics.asp?a=show&ID=395
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2009, 03:16:13 PM »

Lex, another Pa. guy has sighned up in the Houston area...  It will be good to see you again! I hope we both make it down to the M&G... :lunch: :lunch: :bikerider: :bikerider:
03-C U-green It is neither those in the round nor the square that reach the top, but those in the spiral.... Now have added a red ''07 Gold Wing with everything except an AIRBAG!!  SOLD THE WING  SAD DAY!!

Gupone

• Tejano
  • Round Rock, TX
« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2009, 06:31:52 PM »

Weather Permitting I plan to attend.  I will be getting together with the group from the Austin area but wanted to be counted for the main group.  :cool2:

matap

• Board
  • Master of Monumental Proportions
  • "Just put that hammer down and give it hell" -J.R.
« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2009, 08:34:26 PM »

Weather Permitting I plan to attend.  I will be getting together with the group from the Austin area but wanted to be counted for the main group.  :cool2:

Gupone, make sure you go to this thread to poll in: http://www.texasxriders.com/index.php?topic=10003.0 .  Also shoot me a pm with how many are coming with you or if by yourself.  thanks
"Talk low, talk slow and don't talk too much" - John Wayne

Gupone

• Tejano
  • Round Rock, TX
« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2009, 05:19:03 PM »

I hope that everyone had fun today.  I was not able to make it for a few reasons.  1. My wife got called into work and I had to watch our kids.  2. My allergies / Sinus problem was really bad when I woke up at 7am.  3.  It was DAMN cold this morning and throughout the day.

I would love to schedule another trip to the same place in the very near future especially on a nicer day.  Any takers?
« Last Edit: January 24, 2009, 09:29:18 PM by Gupone »

VTreX

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Rubythroatedhumming VT-reX Temple TX
    • http://www.patriotguard.org/photos/listpics.asp?a=show&ID=395
« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2009, 09:19:31 PM »

They won't let us in a place twice!!! Ride safe ride long
03-C U-green It is neither those in the round nor the square that reach the top, but those in the spiral.... Now have added a red ''07 Gold Wing with everything except an AIRBAG!!  SOLD THE WING  SAD DAY!!

Gupone

• Tejano
  • Round Rock, TX
« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2009, 09:28:52 PM »

They won't let us in a place twice!!! Ride safe ride long

You already replied on the Austin M&G post but I wanted to Post mine here for all of Central Texas.   No biggie,  I am glad you had a good ride.
Pages: [1] 2

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal